News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Fun with Mod induced crashes

Started by Bobbi, September 10, 2014, 06:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Anyone else having these problems on this forum? I have seen threads elsewhere, but not here, unless not looking in right place. So, as mentioned in Mod Kit Installation thread, I said:
"Well, I tried firing up the game with mods just to see what would happen. I can pick mods, start new game, see the apiary and specialized stock piles, use the flatten terrain mod, etc. But when I save game and try to load it again, the game crashes. Swell. I don't know if it is because some of the mods are conflicting or what. Getting aggravated. Don't know if I should try one mod at a time. Maybe tomorrow. For tonight, I give up."
This morning I had a little time before work, so I fired it up to start the tedious process of trying to figure out if it is all mods or just certain ones. I started with the different map mod, tried the plains on small. CRASH.  :'(
Started again, with just the Better Fields mod, on another new map (small, valley). Exited, reloaded map. Worked just fine. So I know that mod is not a problem, and that it is not ALL mods causing problem.
When I get home from work I will try other mods and combinations of mods.
I am really bummed about the maps mod, as I really like the plains setting  :(
But I am really happy that is not all mods, especially Better fields, as it would really help with pretty village contest. Getting a late start as usual...

rkelly17

@Bobbi, check the comments connected to the various mods in Banished Info (http://banishedinfo.com/) and Banished Mods (http://banishedmods.com/index.php). They will often alert you to which mods are causing the crashing problem. I'm using several mods together and get no crashes, but I've been avoiding those where people report crashes. In one case I use an old version because the new version seems to cause more crashes.

Bobbi

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out

Bobbi

Update on crashes. I tried 12 other mods individually. None of them crashed my game. Only the map mod causes problems, major bummer, wanted that plains map for next game. LOL. I will have to make do with small valley map. Going to try small instead of my usual large to see if the lag will not be as bad, and I won't feel like strangling someone when I get up to about 800 pop. Anything over 1200 is truly insufferable.
Next up, testing mods together to see if conflicts.