News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wonder what is going on...

Started by irrelevant, July 23, 2014, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

...that causes a pasture with 66 trees on the site take 3 years to build, yet I can do this....

(screen 1-10)

...in ten seasons??

mariesalias

irrelevant

I don't think so, the screenshots are in the lower left corner, as far away from TPs and building materials as you can get on this map. The pasture was also on the left edge, straight up from the farms, but it was much closer to resources, just a market circle away from a TP. The pasture had at least 10 laborers living close at hand, but the guys who came to work on it came from far away. The farm complex OTOH used a mix of local labor and migrants.

The only thing I can figure is that the scale of the project (the number of builders required) got it bumped up.

Maybe the number of builders required has something to do with the number of laborers that will be assigned. I recently had lots of difficulty getting a cemetery built (2 builders); the clearing took forever. The next cemetery I built by building two farms instead (6 builders) and then replacing them with a cemetery when the clearing was done. The clearing seemed to go relatively quickly in that case, compared with the pasture and the other cemetery.

mariesalias

I think different structures have different priority levels within the game itself. Cemeteries are always slow to build for me unless i have nothing else being collected or set to build. Fams maybe have a higher priority then pastures?   ???

irrelevant

Maybe; trying to think of a way to test.....

RedKetchup

i admit, i ve check all the screenshots and i never found your pasture  :'( maybe your citizens had the same problem as me  :P they never found it so they cant work on it  :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I'm sorry, this is the pasture. I posted about it a couple of days ago here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=231.msg3397#new Reply #122

RedKetchup

well , i thought i was really blind ^^

slink

I had the same problem with a cemetery.  I thought it was because the cemetery was across the river from the houses, yet they built a trading post right next to it, and also cleared a stockpile.  I did not get the cemetery built for several years.  I cancelled it and redefined it once, in case it had fallen off the list somehow.  It seemed as if only one or two workers at a time were assigned to it.  Maybe it is the variable size?  Perhaps the game assigns only two people to clear it, based on the minimum size, and does not increase that when the building is at the maximum size.  How do 15x15 farms fare when compared to smaller farms, with respect to clearing time?

canis39

I have definitely had this issue, and I can't figure it out.  On my last map I built something like 50 orchards.  Most of them were cleared in no time, but I had two that...just...wouldn't...finish.  I'd come back to check periodically to see the progress.

3 of 35 cleared
5 of 35 cleared
8 of 35 cleared

In the meantime, I was clearing and building and moving stuff around and the colony as a whole was generally doing fine.  But those two orchards took YEARS to clear.  Very strange.

RedKetchup

i think it s a matter of proximity vs people to clear available. seems to me if i build something near a district, thats the free people (free i mean doing nothing important for the moment) in this district who will take care of it, and depending of that number in that zone, it can be quicker or not. and i think free people of another district wont likely come to help, not alot.

rkelly17

Quote from: canis39 on July 26, 2014, 07:14:52 AM
I have definitely had this issue, and I can't figure it out.  On my last map I built something like 50 orchards.  Most of them were cleared in no time, but I had two that...just...wouldn't...finish.  I'd come back to check periodically to see the progress.

3 of 35 cleared
5 of 35 cleared
8 of 35 cleared

In the meantime, I was clearing and building and moving stuff around and the colony as a whole was generally doing fine.  But those two orchards took YEARS to clear.  Very strange.

I have this problem all the time. I have four or five fields/orchards and all but one get built quickly and that last one has one pile of logs or stone left to carry off and it just sits there and sits there. It's like the laborers say, "Ah, only one left--screw it, let's go idle somewhere." Usually at the hospital where they proceed to spread an almost-over epidemic.  >:(

A Nonny Moose

Allocation of labour seems to be a problem as the simulation advances.  At the start you get pretty fast action on anything, but as the number of available labourers drops the time span to completion increases.  I've found that if you mark a large swath of natural resources for clearing, that everything laid down after that gets lower priority until the resource collection is completed.

The only way out of this is to bump the priority on the items deemed more urgent. 

It is necessary to control how large a set of natural resources are designated for removal to stockpiles, and then to monitor this rather closely.  One way to collect early resources is to plunk buildings down on them.  This collects them while clearing the site, and seems to improve the ability to get on with things.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

put a crop on it, and you ll see how fast it get cleared. and after you just have to delete it :)

but also, keep an eye on the choped down ressources, if they dont get pickup they will disappear, and you can lose alot of potential ressources like that. if a ressources isnt pickup, they disappear with time, totally wasted.

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 15, 2014, 05:56:27 AM
but also, keep an eye on the choped down ressources, if they dont get pickup they will disappear, and you can lose alot of potential ressources like that. if a ressources isnt pickup, they disappear with time, totally wasted.

I've never seen that happen.