News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Maybe all those merchants are just too much for it. Crashes suck, restarting.... >:(

irrelevant

Well, log crisis aside, the merchant strategy worked, they are all coming back at pretty much the same time, and about 4 months sooner than I expected them to (I guessed it would take 14-16 months). Good thing! The log issue was a nail-biter; I had already chopped every shade tree I could find and was slapping down farms just to get the trees. Starting to run out of spots where I can do that, too :P

irrelevant

Merchant Armada. Got 9 docked and the other 12 on the map, all in two months.

irrelevant

Holy shit! They're back already.  :o

Last time they started arriving in Late Spring, and I dismissed them in Summer. Now it's Late Winter, and they're back; so fast!

Screen 2 -- It's a regatta!

irrelevant

This really is a nice way to deal with the merchants. A month or two of micromanagement, and ten or eleven months of peace.

Getting them synchronized initially was painful; I trade for 95% of my logs, and the step of keeping all the merchants pinned until I had them all was a serious interruption to the log inflow. But it's all good now.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 31, 2014, 05:54:48 AM
This really is a nice way to deal with the merchants. A month or two of micromanagement, and ten or eleven months of peace.

Getting them synchronized initially was painful; I trade for 95% of my logs, and the step of keeping all the merchants pinned until I had them all was a serious interruption to the log inflow. But it's all good now.

Maybe I'm just lazy--actually, let's say that I'm good at delegating--but once I have enough TPs to get as much as I need (8 or so) I just set them all to autotrade and let them take care of themselves. If one does not open the TP window, the merchants do their deal and then leave at the end of the season. The only problem is the incessant bonging every time one arrives.  >:( I do some manual trading if I notice a shortage of something or run a food-production deficit, but other than that I just let it go without intervention.

irrelevant

@rkelly17  I also normally would be letting this auto-run, but I'm gearing up for the end of the trading challenge. After that I'll relax a bit.

irrelevant

Rickettsville reaches 3000 population!
Citizen number 3000 is a Demon.

slink

irrelevant

ROTFL back atcha!  ;D End times indeed. Although I hope not, I think I can wring a few hundred more folks out of this map.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Thanks! And now I have to get 3500, can't let you be alone at the top  ;) Course by the time I get there you'll be at 4000 in one town and have accepted 500 nomads in another. ;D

irrelevant

So now that the Trading Challenge is over, Rickettsville needs to be rebalanced yet again. Manufacturing of tools and coats is occurring at a ridiculous pace, which not only is unsustainable but also makes torturous micromanagement of trading necessary (gotta have more logs! more wool! more iron!). So I'm beginning by shutting down 12 of 36 blacksmiths and 13 of 39 tailors. Going to stop buying steel tools and warm coats, my guys will just have to make do with iron tools and wool coats. Well, they will after they go through the 3700 steel tools and 1900 warm coats still in stock  ;) Screen 1

Going to continue making ale at all 35 taverns; I have no orchards and must import fruit and nuts. All 48 woodcutters will keep at it too; from here on out most of my new houses will be far from the river where getting stone is a major headache, so I will be building wooden houses. But by cutting back toolmaking by 33%, we'll save ~1300 logs/year. Depending on how the tool situation evolves, I may shut down further blacksmiths, and perhaps even tear some of them down and replace with housing. Houses, farms, and barns will be my focus from here on out. I may possibly build one more market, in the top left corner, Screen 2.

Also going to stop replacing the tens of thousands of tools and coats that still are stocked in the TPs. Instead we'll use them to buy logs, fruit, and nuts, and decrease the desired inventory as it gets spent. Screen 3

In fact, using these coats for trade will mean I will not need to trade away firewood for the next few years. I'll take firewood out of the TPs altogether.

RedKetchup

hehe i see they are starting to eat alot :) 424k last year :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yeah, but ~40,000 of that was for ale production, plus I trade beans and corn for walnuts, probly another ~40,000/year. Both of those count as food used.