News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Industry Mining - BETAv.05

Started by Discrepancy, July 05, 2019, 07:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

for info in RKEC my stone roads are 70-74 uchars and my wood road is 995 uchar. i, of course, replaced the vanilla stone road to 990 and dirt vanilla to 999 uchar
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

@Nilla , I'm not able to replicate that crash.

You do mean the Thadd Surrel Industry Mine? (as pictured)

Perhaps if you could give me your mod list and order, as well as map seed and staring conditions. Thanks.

Nilla

Yes, I think it´s that mine but of course, it may be something else. But I had no crash as I turned it off. I can add a save if it helps.

MODS:(short, all except one yours and I think they are in your recommended order)
Townhouses
Ind.Mining
Thoms.Trade
MeadBrew
AleHouse
TimberMill
FuelMarket
FulbWrightHuses
FBSchool
DSJaB Patch to v2.1.1
Jetty&B
WagonWedor
Chapel of StE (Why can you only build one?)
Kid Tiny v 1.3

map:185063370 valleys medium, fair, disasters on, medium start

Edit; the second save might be more interesting but the crash comes very fast, you must stop the speed at once.

Discrepancy

QuoteChapel of StE (Why can you only build one?)

lol, I can't remember that being the name.

:)

thanks, I will check the save now.

Discrepancy

It is something to do with the mine in the middle of the map that you have disabled.

I tried it 3 times with that mine and crashed every-time, yet the other mine near the river will not trigger a crash at all, increased the miners to 34 and ran that for 3 years and it never crashed.

It is very strange.

There are 2 possibilities that I have just thought of...

(edit)
1 - is that the path between the mine and the storage on the east is a very popular path, constant traffic. It is hard to tell exactly as the game crashed straight to desktop, but it looked like it crashes when a line of ore is built up....

but this led me into the 2nd possibility... and I think I might have it. let me just check again.

Discrepancy

Ok, it is the tree.

This mine used to have a wider footprint than it does now, there is a create point outside the boundary of the mine, under the chute to the left, it tries to spawn ore where there is the big oak tree. If you cut it down, it will not crash :)

Sorry about that.

Discrepancy

I managed to pause the game quick enough on load of that earlier save. and it is the same problem of that tree.

In the attached picture I have highlighted the problem spawn point which is right where the oak tree was before I chopped it. The game is still running now in the background, hasn't crashed again.

Also, you have made a very nice town. Prosperous :)

Nilla

This is indeed a weird bug and you´re a genius finding it! :)

Yes, you´re right, the town is prosperous but "messy"; a typical test everything, look at everything, don´t mind how it looks town.  :-\

Discrepancy

Not messy, the layout works for a mining town :)

I hope to make it not as prosperous in the next update (probably not until next week sometime), I think I was a little generous with the change last update.

Thanks again for finding all these bugs.

Nilla

I can´t get the silver mine to work properly. The miners are carrying lumber and lamp oil back and forth. And when I tried to upgrade it to see if the upgraded version works I had a crash as I clicked on the building site (similar to the small iron mine)

Discrepancy

updated to BETAv.03

There are two new buildings this update, though they both share a function, so essentially it is one and a half buildings. The Mining Overseer's Desk and the Mining Overseer's Office. The Desk simply displays the towns inventory, it is low cost to build at start of game and the information can be invaluable instead of clicking through countless stockpiles and barns. The Office is the full town hall statistics, including immigration which can occur at 0 population, though there are 3 required industry buildings to build for nomads.

Hopefully I've squashed all the bugs that were casing the crashes this time.

I made major changes in production numbers for the ore-to-iron/metal chains. The numbers are in the change log below.
I did not change the Silver values though, so this will eventually change which will impact, gold, coins etc.
Also, I have not adjusted the bloomery smelters construction costs (and UI texts) to account for the change in ore-metal production, these are right now the 'cheaty-way' of producing copper/iron. This will be changed in a future update when the production numbers are operating ok.

The poor performing Worker's Construction Yard now has a selection menu to choose production of resources.
The Flax Weaver has had a shuffle in code and production numbers and now produces better.... but not very consistent across multiple years.

The changes to the citizen are a now even higher in likelihood of them getting sick/disease etc at the start of game, in testing I was regularly getting after 10-18 months, though remember the diseases aren't anywhere near as deadly as standard game, unless a serious disease the citizens will get over them even without a doctor.
That being, the changes also included reducing the time a citizen has a disease, though the change is negligible and I don't think it has made a huge difference since last update.
Citizens will also require a few more different types of food for happiness. Health has been changed slightly closer to standard, though I'm really not sure how these are properly influenced anymore the more I try to understand it.

Anyway, enjoy. Hopefully bug free.

Sorry I don't think it is save compatible, at least it wasn't when I tried, but I also adjust the mod list.
But always better for a new game, and place this above my other mods (latest at the top).

Thanks to @Nilla for all the testing and invaluable feedback :)

BETAv.03 - beta update: fixes and minor update   -- 20190725  |  .zip = 125mb (128,448kb)   .pkm = 211mb (216,689kb)
        - fixed issue of crash caused by Clarence Silver Mines.
        - fixed issue of crash caused by Thadd Surrel & family: Industry Mine.
        - fixed issue of crash caused by clicking on the build site of the Iron Ore Mine.
        - fixed issue of double entry of Stone in the Industry Quarry production menu.
        - fixed issue of coins having too large an icon in some UI panels.
        - Iron Fittings now correctly valued at 3, and create count at 5/8.
        - increased total production of Clay and Sand Digs for beta testing, these buildings will eventually be replaced.
        - increased the construction cost of the Open-Top Up-Draft Kiln.
        - increased work time and work required variables at all mines except silver mines.
        - increased value of Iron Ore to 3.
        - increased value of metals: Copper = 15, Iron = 18, Tin = 21, Bronze = 25.
        - increased the quantity of ores & fuel needed to make metals.
        - increased the value of tools: Copper Tool = 15, Iron Tool = 18, Steel Tool = 20, Hardened Tool = 22.
        - increased the value of the sharpened and oiled 'fine' versions of the tools, by 2 and 4 value added respectively.
        - reduced the work time of the Grindstone.
        - increased the value of Tools:Stonemason to 4.
        - reduced the create count of Bronze to 2/3, reduced the amount of fuel to smelter.
        - reduced the amount of Ores that will be offered by traders.
        - reduced the amount of Iron required to make an Anvil and Wagon Parts.
        - reduced the work time of the Industry Candle Maker.
        - reduced the work time of the Industry Oil Kiln.
        - changed production of Worker's Construction Yard for player to select product.
        - changes to production and speed of Flax Weaver.
        - increased the create count of Linseed to 21.
        - slightly improved the ability to place the Industry Quarry, and reduced the construction cost.
        - added Textile & Fabric storage to both Industry and Town barns (Thadd Surrel & Glass Maker storage).
        - added missing storage tab to the standard banished Herbalist.
        - changes to the production recipes at blacksmith's.
        - added option to make Tools:Hunter and Tools:Fisherman from Copper at blacksmiths.
        - various building text and tool-tip changes and fixes.
        - various text and number changes to the DS Info/knowledge-base panels.
        - numerous changes to happiness, health and other citizen.rsc file variables.
        - added new building: Thadd Surrel & family: Mining Overseer's Desk.
        - added new building: Thadd Surrel & family: Mining Overseer's Office.

Nilla

MarkAnthony

I'm really enjoying DS Industry Mining @Discrepancy you've done a wonderful job with it.

There are a few things I like using from RKEC that Red does not have as standalone mods: Canals, his various food preservation units, his Orchard Lodges and some other stuff as well.

So I tried adding RKEC back into the mix but I am thinking that maybe DS Industry Mining needs to go above RKEC because the Limits window has changed considerably with RKEC on top and I am wondering if it would mess things up with DS Industry Mining?

And if I do need to put DS Industry Mining above RKEC then I assume I must also put BetterStockPiles and DSTimberMill above too since those need to be above DS Industry Mining?

Thank you.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

Found a small bug; the price for iron (and I guess the other metals) are changed but not the price for tools.

MarkAnthony

Last night before bed I noticed that if RKEC is above all then RKEC alters the Limits window which may or may not affect DS Industry Mining et al.

This morning after placing BetterStockPiles>DSTimberMill>DSIndustryMining above RKEC all looked well at first and I was off to a beautiful start. It was when I built the vanilla Wood Cutter that I saw my first issue with this mod order. I needed the vanilla Wood Cutter to process RKEC's Fodder-Thatch into Firefood but that was not an option for the structure. It was an icon with no text label on it. I selected it anyhow since it was the only one available for choosing (which is not the case normally in RKEC) and with that icon with no text label selected the Wood Cutter immediately went to "Out of Materials" even though I had plenty of Logs and Fodder-Thatch. So it seems the Wood Cutter wasn't looking for those two items from my Stockpiles.

Bummer. :( RKEC with DS Industry Mining and all of it's DS friends would have been a beautiful marriage of mods!  I can go back to my previous ModMan profiles of RKEC and all of Discrepancy's mods which worked perfectly together but I'd have to leave out DS Industry Mining which I am really enjoying the changes to the game from.

My last option is to put RKEC back on top even though it alters the Limits window for DS Industry Mining and try a game that way and see what happens.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.