News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A Riverboat Tour of Soloma

Started by slink, May 15, 2014, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Imagine yourself aboard a small riverboat, with a tour guide.

Folks, ahead is the town of Soloma. Be careful here, as the people are wary of strangers and will not accept any foreigners on their soil. Our only point of contact with these people is their trading dock.

Here we are at the first bridge of the town. To the left are empty pastures, obviously meant for some kind of livestock not yet purchased.

Now in view is the first of their many fishing docks.

Their magnificent cross-lake bridge can only be wondered at. In the distance, on our right, can be seen a hospital.

We are now approaching the river on the opposite side of the lake from the point at which we entered it.

Education is almost as important here as the fishing industry.

The trading dock is up ahead, near two bridges constructed at right angles to each other.

From the trading dock we can see many farmers laboring in their fields, as well as one of several very large graveyards.

Continuing on through this S-curve in the river, we see another of the ubiquitous fishing docks.

Many bridges span the river in this section. We are told that the original colony was founded on our right, but no one has ever been allowed ashore to verify this.

To the left, ahead, are sheep pens. To the right is the original fishing dock.

Passing under the final bridge of Soloma, we can see the pristine wilderness ahead.

Boris_amj

Yay! I am so happy to see this!

Can I encourage you to do another tour, @slink ?

Can I ?

Can I ?

Can I ?

No pressure ...

solarscreen

I really love this! Going to have to relabel this board the Travel Channel!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

canis39

mariesalias

Lovely tour! So glad you re-posted it. I also hope to see more of these from you!

Demonocracy

This was a lot of fun!

I like the first comment the best.

Quote from: slink on May 15, 2014, 02:17:18 PMFolks, ahead is the town of Soloma. Be careful here, as the people are wary of strangers and will not accept any foreigners on their soil. Our only point of contact with these people is their trading dock.

Those awful Nomads have been nothing but trouble, and I too have a no foreigners policy with the exception of the trading dock.   :)

Please make more tours!  This was just delightful.