News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Letter to Santa

Started by Abandoned, December 02, 2020, 10:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

If you've downloaded newly released Kid's Christmas 2020, you now have access to Santa's Mail and can now write a letter to Santa.  There is no guarantee you will get what you ask for, Santa is very busy this time of year, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Letter to Santa wishes are not restricted to Christmas and do not have to be for a specific item.  For instance:

Dear Santa, I want more Kid City Center Main Street type buildings.

Dear Santa,  I want someone to take over WOB so we do not lose such a wonderful site that we have enjoyed so much for so many years.  I wish to thank @The Big Chihuahua for the site and all the recent work done to keep it going. 

Dear Santa, I wish for everyone to have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year

brads3

Kristahfer

It will not only be sad to loose this site, but losing you both will leave a large whole in my evening when I get home and want to relax looking a some beautiful art.

taniu

My wife and I join the request - Dear Santa, let someone take over the WOB so that we do not lose such a wonderful website that we have enjoyed for so many years. This site is fantastic, the best therapy for us. The second request is the implementation of the project "Banished 2" by the author of @ShockPuppet. Third request for great new mods for Banished, invented by the awesome wonderful and hardworking Modders

The Pilgrim

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!!
I would like to be a good little Christmas Elf and give you all a present.  I have tried and failed several times to upload the New England Houses mod. Would someone please be so kind as to direct message me their email address so I can send them the file and see if they can up load it?  I can edit the page with screenshots and such after.
My Christmas wish is that all of you are happy and healthy and that anyone who is away from our little community here is away because of good things in their lives.

brads3

bradfordsBEST3@stny.rr.com

glad to hear you are working on the mod. throw it at me. i'll try it

kid1293

Just my experience with the uploads. Everything about 30 MB or larger gets rejected on my side.
I have been in contact with TBC and he said it should work. It doesn't.
Either an off-site link or divide the file into two.

brads3

on that note,not sure why but i have trouble unzipping RAR files. have to use an online site to unzip many of KID's mods. started out as a couple now and then. lately seems to be most of the mods. not really an issue per say but was a change.

MarkAnthony

7zip will extract .rar files and it's free.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

that is what i use. says can't open as archiive. so i use an online site to switch the RAR to ZIP. then they work fine.is strange but does work.

Abandoned

I use 7zip also with no problems @brads3   I hope @The Pilgrim see Kid's reply above, it sounds like Pilgrim has finished mod but just can't upload it.

feneris

Dear Santa

I would like an apiary, dairy, oil press (that can do sunflowers) and smokehouse in vanilla style. The ability to make cider and wine with the vanilla brewery, and maybe a mod where you could take cotton, flax and/or hemp and make it directly into clothes at the tailor.

kid1293

@feneris

I don't think it is a good idea to change vanilla buildings.
Several of those buildings already exist with vanilla textures.
The Oil Press is maybe only one, but it has limited use.
One solution is to use the Workplaces mod and have,
for example, a smoker together with a house of your choice.
Add a fence and some Crates and you have a smokery with storage

Abandoned

@feneris   For production buildings with vanilla wood texture try Kid Old Town - the tailor uses kid's new flora flax to make linen clothes, other modders flax is incompatible.  Kid Tiny v3 recent update also has vanilla wood textures and includes a beekeeper, dairy, smoker, and a brewer that makes ciders and mulled wine.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Abandoned on December 02, 2020, 10:26:55 AM

Dear Santa,  I want someone to take over WOB so we do not lose such a wonderful site that we have enjoyed so much for so many years.  I wish to thank @The Big Chihuahua for the site and all the recent work done to keep it going. 

As far as I know, this is a wish Santa has granted.  The site will be taken over in January, and there are already several moderators lined up to help the new administrator.