News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Swamp Thing V1.1

Started by kid1293, June 21, 2018, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

No problems @tuggistar :) and others.

I just have to tell what I think is reasonable from my point of view.
I am only human and I have a life (try to) :)

tuggistar

I remembered that the Mod Natural Diversity 1.1 also has Reed. I took a trial game and found out there are two ways to get Reed.
For reference:
CC reeds Farm-Misc Limit. In the Mod Colonial Charter.
Reaper's Boat-Construction Limit. In the Mod Natural Diversity 1.1.
Swamp Reed Packer uses-Fuel Limit. Used as fuel.
There are still jesta030-Reeds mod with Fuel Limit, but I can not run this mod.
Reed's resource is too scattered, that's what I'm saying.

kid1293

I had problem putting the reeds along river and lake. (There is the natural
place for reeds to grow in abundance. No trees to care about.)
They stopped bridges from being built. Bannies could not cross to clear land.
So I imagined a swamp. Wet all over, reed all over but I also wanted a lot of trees.
If you think the numbers are wrong I can change that but I am sure there others
who would like it the opposite way.

I am not going to update with a reed planter/farmer. Or at least, not now.

tuggistar

Thank you. Let it be as it is, I really liked your swamp map. And having a lot of fan playing it. :)

kid1293

galensgranny

Quote from: kid1293 on June 22, 2018, 10:33:09 PM
I know you people want it all but this is just a small mod, not a serious attempt
to change the world. :)
That is an interesting idea- a world changing mod!  Probably not very doable, though.

brads3

depends what world you want to create.

Willows

Ok, kid, loving this mod. Was wondering tho....

I like using your yard covers. Would be possible to update them with the swamp choices as well? Just a suggestion no biggie if you too busy!! :)
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

kid1293

@Willows - I have updated Yard Cover with a roof from swamp mod.
I made only one since they are rather similar.

:)

Willows

Hey, it works! Thank you so very much!!!   ;)

kid1293

Nilla

I tried this mod yesterday. It's absolutely lovely! :)

You say, you don't know about the balancing. I can't complain about anything, most is related to vanilla values. It's only the bundler of firewood, that's different. He produces alright but makes no profit at all. That's fine with me. There's a lot of reed, easy to get, for your Bannis to use. Bundled reed is no trading product to me anyway. You will need a mod for forestry, vanilla buildings would look weird; you recommend "Among Trees" but "Forest Outpost" works as well.

I made two "mistakes" in this game; I loaded the workplace mod. I realized, I have never tried it before. It makes the game  too easy to my liking. I also used the "swampy" climate. No snow in winter only rain, rain, rain all the time. :-\ (Inspired by the winter in Skåne?) I like real winters!

I can remember, that @Abandoned mentioned in her story, that she found very little wild food. So it was here at the beginning as well. But now there's a lot of wild food in the forest. I guess, at the beginning, there were less trees and a lot of reed, and no room for wild food. When much of the initial reed is harvested, there's a lot of wild food and herbs, see first picture.

One question; I'm not quite sure about how the jetties work. You can see people out there sometimes, but when I built a house boat with access to the jetty, but not to the land, people went crazy and didn't accept it. Are there any "tricks" to use here, it would look nice? What is if you build a jetty over a river? Can people pass? Can boats pass?

The first picture is a typical view with "swampy" climate, but it can on rare occasions look like the second picture. ;)

kid1293

Hej Nilla!

Yes, winter could be like it is here in south Sweden but we have no swamp to talk about.

You asked about the jetties. How to make them nice.
There is a trick I use, sort of making them as small as possible. I use the lower jetty piece
and place it on the shore half buried in the ground. Then I build out from there.
That way I can check that bannies walk all the way. Then I place a boat.
They MUST have access to land from houseboat or the builders (who sometimes swim)
get stuck on the boat and starve to death.

Don't use jetties on main river. Boat can not pass. They are good over creeks and streams though.

You should maybe use a 'less rain' mod to enhance visibility :)

Yes, reed balances itself out. You gather it and it leaves room for trees and food. Then it is
all normal with trees for fuel. Normal plus rain, I mean  ;)

Willows

Most swampland around the world is close to sea level, no snow, hot, humid, and prone to diseases as bacteria LOVE the wet and heat. I think the "swampy" elements of the mod are pretty true to that. And I use a "no rain" mod myself.

Nilla

I don't really follow you both; creating/praising the wet climate and at the same time suggesting to remove the rain with a "no rain mod". Not my kind of logic! ;)

Anyway my "complain" wasn't that seriously meant. I kind of like the atmosphere with changing wheather, also the rain, but I do like snow in winter. I have decided to start a new Swamp game tonight, without the workplaces and on harsh. I suppose, somewhere in the world, there will be some swamps with frost and snow in winter. My game will be located there. (At least I hope that there's still snow in "harsh" in this mod.