News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Always Crashing/ CC Beta Fix- Please Help!

Started by child_of_air, June 10, 2019, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

Whenever my game starts to really get going, the crashing starts. I noticed that it usually happens when I'm trading- which makes me wonder about the CC Beta Fix file I have. Do I need this file? I use a lot of DS and Kid's mods, and I'm not sure if they have this fix built in or not. If I do need it, where should I load it exactly? Near the bottom, top or middle? I've been loading it near the top, but not sure if that's where it actually goes.

I've done everything I can to fix the crashing issue. Arranged my load order in the way I was told to do so, made sure my antivirus doesn't interfere with my game, turned off V-synch, and also got rid of some older mods. Any suggestions anyone has would be appreciated. I know I can take out all my mods, but I would prefer not to, as I don't really like the way most of the vanilla buildings look.

brads3

i would replace the CC beta with this http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=280
REDs TP fix is not needed if you use the RK CHOICE mods. i would send this to the top of the mod order before any mods that have a TP in them. you will need to start a new game. none of the fix mods will work without a fresh game start.

if this doesn't solve the crash,then it becomes trouble shooting the mod order.based on your info,this should solve it.

child_of_air

child_of_air

So I followed your list about mods, put the mod you suggested on top, and I'm still getting crashing. Why why why?! Can someone help me with my load order? I'm about to go insane because it seems that no matter what I do, I always get crashing.

brads3

child_of_air

RK Vanilla TP for 107
Season FX
New Flora
DS UI Improvements for Banished
Months                                              <----- Start Up Mods
DS Terrains and Climates
One Year is One Year- Alternative
Jinxie Citizen Overide for 1

Better Stock Piles
Kid-Tree Daydream
          <------ Model Replacements
DS Timber Mill          <----------
DS Jetty & Bridge
DS Bridge Crossing
DS Small Village Production
Kid- Gothic Fantasy 1.2
Kid- Bodium Castle
Kid- Gothic Farm
Kid- Tiny v. 1.3
Kid- Medieval Grace
Kid- Settlers
Kid- Bakery & Garden Alt V1
Kid- Bed & Breakfast V1.2
Kid- Old Town Ports & Pirates
DS Roasted Nuts
NMT3.0 Series Orchards for 1.07
NMT3.0 Series Crops for 1.0.7
Dairy Milk and Creamery
Quiet CC
Ducks: A CC Mod
RK Goats and Livestock
RK Longhorn Cows as Livestock     <----- Mods that add Trade Items to the Game
EB Sunflower
EB Water Well
Grow Mushrooms
Grow Onions
Campfire

Kid- More houses V1.3fix
Kid- More houses 1.3 Vanilla
DS Stone Hovels                                        <----- Housing Mods
Kid- Broadway Tower v. 1.1
Kid- Storage Carts v. 1.1

Better Stock Pile Storage
DS Tunnels
EB Roads
Kid- Deco Tree Replacer
EB Hedges Set
Jinxie- Bitty Walls and Fences                   <----- Deco/Storage Mods
Kid- Ghost Flowers v. 1.1
Decorative Plants Everything Seasonal
Dense Forests
More Stone Per Rock
Translucent                                   <----- Mods that don't conflict with anything
Grass Guardian
Fishing Dock + 25%
FastRoad 50

As you can see I organized everything according to the advice of yourself, and Discrepancy. I'm willing to bet that within the groups I got something wrong, but I left most of the green mods at the bottom since they don't conflict. Any suggestions you or anyone else have are very welcome!

brads3

this is a list will be fun going to be trial and error to narrow it down. did you try changing to a different start setting? some mods do better when ran under a medium setting.i wuld try something like that before redoing the list. did you upload the mod manager? also add the debug mod.they will make this a lot easier.

test 1: leave the start mods azs they are. move all the animal mods up and enable them.enable the crops except EB's sunflowers. lerabe KID's amd DS mods off. run a test for bout 10 yrs and see if there is problems.  use the debug to add buildings and a TP or several.while the game is running,check your crop seeds and orchards. check your livestock. these will give you a way to see what you need to add.debug in a TH and click the icon to "make all items visible". this will add all items loaded to the inventory. note any blank tags or double tags.

if game does not crash,add KID's mods and retest the same way

if no crash do same thing adding DS mods.

if no crash add all other mods.

hopefully by the time it crashes,you have a clue as to why. at least it will narrow it down to a smaller group of mods.

child_of_air

What is a TP and a TH? I don't know how to run in debug mode but I'll google it.  Do you mean medium graphics settings or medium maps? My computer is a gaming computer so I would rather not turn the settings down. I know it can handle it.

What mod manager are you talking about?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

the debug is a mod that gives you options to get all the seeds and livestock it also allows you to build buildings instantly.you cqan just place the 1's you want and let the bannies work by themself.no anagment required for a few years. TP is trade post,Th is townhall.
no graphic changes medium is a start setting when you set the map up to play. i would go vanilla as much as possable until you find the bug. no unique trees or other start options. reason being is the DS terrain and some of KID's mods will have different options that might be clashing. should be fair climate and medium start.

mod manager http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2602.msg53972#msg53972

now you can enable or disable mods faster.plus you don't have to click 100 times to move them up the list.

at the bottom of your start menu it should read banished version 1.07 build 170910 this is critical

child_of_air

Ah ha, thank you! I'm going to give that a try.

ETA: I tried it and noticed that DS Small Village Production had some blank labels for the bannocks. But I already follow his mod load order and that mod is pretty much on top! Guess I will have to take it out for now.

Starting on Kid's mods with a new save.

child_of_air

I found a few more mods with blank tags. Should I just take them out altogether, or play around with their load order?

brads3

depends what is missing. did you have any double tags? did you narrow down the cause of the crashes?

mods are a give and take as times. we give up some things but gain more. for example, i use the old 1.06 my precious mod thios sets gold and silver ores to textile flag instead of the 1.07 my precious. if i make gold bars with  it ,they won't work for RK building material. but i can smelt pfenning for the CC fort mod. ny tweaking the mod order to get the climate more like where i live,food production is harder.some of the mod order is up to the players choice or tastes.

what is "bannocks" are they made by a different Ds building? are they needed as a building requirement?

child_of_air

No, Bannocks are a type of bread that historically used to be eaten. They come with DS Small Village Production, but if you try to assign them they don't have any description, just the picture. I haven't found duplicates of anything yet. But I also haven't had any crashing, yet.

brads3

that is good. do you should have sunflower seeds with the RK so the EB's aren't needed. it is a good idea to keep some notes when you find issues,so you remember what happened later. i would move the CC quiet near the top.any mod that changes affects or adds any should be loaded before others. even thou they might not matter now, the more sorted things are the easier to find problems later.

just below the start mods,i'd put the seeds and livestock. i set mine to load the RK seeds 1st since it is a big list then add to itif there are issues,you can move seeds above the RK.you might find different outputs moving the seed mods around.

the way the game loads mods is the top most has the most affect. anything the 1st does, the next can't undo.whatever coding is wrote in the topmost mods is ignored in the mods after it.each mod can only add to the 1's above it or affect coding that those did not.

once you get a mod order that is working well,save it with the mod manager. then you can use it to reset the order if there is an issue later.you can even save groups of mod orders for different games or maps with it.