News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Taverns won't produce; become storage

Started by CathyM, June 22, 2019, 11:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

I've just run into a very odd problem with my new game... the tavern gets filled up with other food and won't make ale - it seems like it happens after the first run with malt (I got several rounds of mead or apple ale). I've attached photos. I actually went through the sequence several times; after a year stuck with the same items and no room for malt,  I tried to demolish the tavern, and thus cleared it out - but it almost immediately went bad to filled with four food items (see photo two) while the new tavern (a corner type), got the malt and got going... but then IT also got stuck as a 4-item warehouse! And nothing I could do would shake it loose.. I've had issues with it warehousing, but never to the extent that it wouldn't make ale/wine/beer for years! Is here anything I can do, or is this a game w/o alcohol?? I'm running Windows 8.1, the latest version of Banished, with Editor's Choice Lite, Debug, Colorful Houses. If it matters, I chose Lush valley and medium size.

Nilla

This is a known issue with breweries. Not only the modded one, may happen in a vanilla game as well: people use the brewery as a store. It will still work but the brewer needs to carry all these odd things away before he can start to load "his" things and start to brew and in the time he´s away other bannis may carry new things to the brewery.

The only thing I know to do is to have enough stores (not full) close to every brewery and people will normally use them and if still a few odd pieces lands in the brewery, it doesn't take long for the brewer to get rid of them.

RedKetchup

the issue happends when people use debug and click add food to storage. this is why on the picture, you see barley, beef, cake, corn.... and you will get all alphabetical order of everything it has been added... with add food button.

thats normal, the tavern is special and has a storage because it stores ale and need to store edible so it can craft the ale. the brewer has to take everything out and put in the barn. have barn space or they all full cause add food button ?
the citizens though should not use it normally to store anything inside.... it is just the debug mod add + food that tend to do this.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

CathyM

Ah! Thanks for the explanation! Yes, I did use DeBug and add food; still not that good at surviving "on my own"... I will surround the taverns with barns and see if that helps...

Meanwhile (sigh...) another problem... I can't build a Lighthouse anymore!! I had one in two games, but the last two games, there is a permanent 2-square red spot on the footprint (see photo, forward left of footprint) that prevents me from putting it ANYWHERE! :-X I can build a town hall, but not the light house. Any ideas?

Nilla

CathyM

OH! How can just those two squares be on water?? I will try it and see... thanks for the tip!

RedKetchup

Quote from: CathyM on June 23, 2019, 03:51:53 PM
Ah! Thanks for the explanation! Yes, I did use DeBug and add food; still not that good at surviving "on my own"... I will surround the taverns with barns and see if that helps...

yeah i known it :)

CathyM

Barns around the taverns are working... now I just have to figure out how to keep them from being totally full! Very interesting to try to balance industries and farming to be able to use the materials well...

And the Lighthouse worked - I must have been lucky the first couple times to place those two squares on water without realizing. I recognized the lines of red squares, but the two in the corner just looked odd. Is that so that it's placed on an outcrop?

And one hunter per cabin does seem to be working better than two or three...

Thanks again!

RedKetchup

it is to make sure people put the lighthouse near river/lake. a lighthouse in full middle of Vegas would look weird and inappropriate