News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Citizen Skins

Started by AlkalineCube, May 13, 2019, 09:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlkalineCube

Are there any mods that alter the appearance of your citizens, besides the Diversity mods? Those work very well, and I like that they're easy to switch between. Just looking for even more options.

Jinxiewinxie

We've made a couple with different outfits, you can find some downloads on random pages in this thread: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2966.15

AlkalineCube

That's fantastic! Thank you, I'll add those to my ever-increasing list of things I need to download immediately.   :D

Jinxiewinxie

I've just posted the latest one too, its pretty gorgeous! You can also find the base image files in that thread if you want to try your hand at making your own =) I'd be happy to package up a citizen skin mod for you too, it only takes a few seconds once I've got the finished images from you.

AlkalineCube

I will definitely try playing around with some images soon. Just need to wrap my head around how the template wraps around the pawns! I've only ever tinkered around with really basic programs like IMVU, where they pretty much do 90% of the work for you, and all you do is find a pretty texture to put in the boxes, and I'm a teeeeensy bit intimidated. But interested!

Jinxiewinxie

Oh! If you use photoshop or Paint.NET program, there's some .psd files you can use that has the little "areas" for each thing (like shirt, head, etc.) separated out as layers. Its sort of hard to follow at first but you'd get the hang of it pretty quickly I think if you've done some texture editing before =)

I've attached just the .psd files in a zip folder for you. They originally come from this download, created by Zookes over at the Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/32

AlkalineCube

Oooh! I just downloaded that one! I've actually never used photoshop or paint.NET, because the wild variety of options made me feel like a tiny frightened squirrel, so I hid behind MS paint, but it's time for the squirrel to find some acorns and get to it. Which would you recommend? Also, I am thrilled that you made a rabbit hutch!! I was hoping someone would.

Jinxiewinxie

I use Paint.NET myself, it reminds me a lot of MS Paint and made me feel less intimated than Photoshop, heh! I installed it for my 12 year old god son recently and he's been able to figure it out without too much hardship too, so its definitely a good one. Photoshop is just.. really heavy and intense looking for me for some reason and Paint.NET does just about all the same things and is much easier, so A+ would recommend =)

Glad you like the rabbit hutch! There's a chicken coop of similar style available too and I've got a Turkey Roost in the works =D

AlkalineCube

Yay! Turkey! Would love to have a proper Thanksgiving dinner in game. I've been working with only mods available in the Steam workshop, so it's been really limited, now I'm downloading every single thing I see. It's going to take DAYS to figure out what works best, what does and doesn't actually conflict, and what just makes scary red bars that don't matter in the slightest. Takes about ten minutes to start my game, currently, with CC and RKEC 1.3.1 loaded. Maaaaybe I should turn them off while I'm testing the new stuff. And I have to remember to go slow and not cram everything I want into the very first test, or I won't know what's going wrong if something does. I feel like a child locked in a mall candy shop overnight and I want to cram everything into my face! I will try to find paint.NET as soon as I've finished looting the downloads.

Jinxiewinxie

Thanksgiving Dinner, you say? Like this?

I made a Festival Park set for different holidays, including Thanksgiving XD

I know the feeling about so many mods! I ended up getting that Mod Manager tool and its made my life a little easier. I can't use MegaMod from the CC people because it just takes ages to load my game. Red Ketchup's RKEC and my other mods together don't take too long, and I've stopped liking CC very much because I don't actually use all the different production chains they include. I get a little tired of having to scroll through so many items in the town hall with CC, heh XD

AlkalineCube

Snagged! Which Mod Manager tool are you using? I tried the Megamod for a long time, but yeah, it took around 20 mins just to start my game. I'm not sure how much I'll end up using CC after I've downloaded all this, so I might just jettison that one, too. RKEC is gorgeous, and I LOVE the variety of wildlife, but I ended up putting CC on top in load order because it had more start options. Noticing a lot of those here, too, so that makes CC even more irrelevant. Which should help out with load times a LOT.

Jinxiewinxie

Gosh, yeah that load time is about what I was experiencing XD I'd have to start the game and go do something else for a while and just keep my fingers crossed that it would eventually load.

I use this one posted here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2602.msg54035#msg54035 and I use the version from that exact post, not any earlier or later ones. I was worried it'd be a pain to set up but it was pretty easy and makes my life A LOT easier mod-wise.

Keep tip for avoiding crashes while testing new mods is to always enable the mods, press Ok so it reloads, then exit and restart the game completely. Then, you can start a new town to actually test the mod =)

[For the most part, I never have crashes or mod conflict issues with the new 1.0.7 mods, as long as I enable them before starting a new town and following those steps]

I think there's some weird things happening with mods that use Flax or Coal as a fuel or not.. and that leads to trickiness where you're trying to figure out patch mods and mod load order to avoid crashes. I just live without flax and don't have any headaches, heh XD

AlkalineCube

I'll try this ModMan first, thank you! Should make this a LOT easier. From reading about the various mods, it seems like there are going to be multiple different flax seeds that will be getting everything confused, so I think I'll keep my Debug mod active during the testing. Maybe it'll help me figure out which seed does what, though it's probably going to be tricky figuring out which seed the trader is bringing at any given time. Hopefully, I'll find the cause of the weirdness and I'll let you know!

brads3

20 min load time? yeah i can see that for the MM. that is about what 200 mods in 1.there are several posts on trying to speed load time up.each person's comp is different so try a few ideas. usually the 1st load is slower and then the game registry sets for the next to be faster. the RK should load a lot faster since it is smaller then add to it whatever fits your own style. have yoiu tried to play in "offline mode"? all your power is going to keeping that steam program working. get that disconnected and you should be twice as fast.

AlkalineCube

I hadn't thought of that! I'll try it when I load the game, next. I'm playing on a laptop, so RK's pretty fodder & flowers are really taxing, but worth it. I'll probably end up with about 200 mods, anyway, once I get everything ready for testing, but I'll eventually whittle it down. Just so many beautiful options, here! Ran into a problem, already. Some of Necora's download links are broken! The file isn't there anymore. I'm going to see if there are any other missing files, so I can ask if anyone has them. They look so good, in the description.  :'(