News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid's Workshop

Started by kid1293, January 24, 2020, 05:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

;D No, I meant the test I showed a few posts back. That is as rundown I can make it.
If I stomp on it twice and change textures, maybe...

kid1293

A question.

Is it good with all in one mod? Do you want things a little more separated?

Abandoned

That cute little shack needs a whole set  ;D  :-X

Here is thought.  Why not make pieces separate and later take requests of which pieces players would like compiled for themselves.  Or put all together as you are doing and later take requests for personalized version of compiled pieces.  :-\

kid1293

:) Good idea. A Workshop with a personal service. I like the first idea best. A big mod has to be updated all the time.

Jewelz

Quote from: kid1293 on January 24, 2020, 10:41:16 PM
@DesoPL - Is this something? If you like it I can build another.

@Jewelz - What size for the cover? And what color?

I like the darker brown shingles. The thatch looks like a spark from the BBQ could catch it on fire!  :P

I think the three sizes you have already made for the ghosted greenhouses on the bakery mod would be perfect! The smaller ones for behind houses and a the 7 x7 one for a park. In fact, now that I think about it, a greenhouse roof, no walls would make a super cute conservatory for attaching to houses.  Hmmm... that gives me an idea... ;)

galensgranny

Kid, that cover is good.  :)   If you feel like it, another color or two would be even better, such as gray, and brown.

kid1293

Yes, separate mods are the best.

@galensgranny -  grey and brown is on the to-do list :)

Jewelz

Jewelz

I just saw your example. Yes, I think that would work, plus I can put 2 together for the larger one.

kid1293

@Jewelz
If you need other sizes, just tell. It is not much work.

Interesting idea, combining house and greenhouse. I'll think about it.

kid1293

@Jewelz - Is it okay to add a few texture variants to the cover?

Jewelz

Of course! I tend to match materials neighborhood by neighborhood, so more is always better. :D

My experiment with your bakery mod houses and greenhouses also gave me another idea. What if you pulled the roofs off, and just left the walls so that we could drop an instant walled garden down without having to build each segment of the fence every time?

Abandoned

Two things to say

First @kid1293 - the first deco mod release has an error on the tool tips menu - the door step says it is a flower pot.

Second thing is reminder to requesters that Kid's Workshop is intended for simple requests for new item or idea or a matching item, but not to make changes to or update existing mods. 

Jewelz

Ah yes, I see that that would actually be a change to an existing mod. I was just brainstorming.

So, I will throw out there the idea of a preset walled garden. For your cookie-cutter suburbs. lol

kid1293

I don't mind brain-storming as long as you don't expect all to come true :)

Attention!

I have changed the second post. The Download. Check it out.
I had to cover my back if I made any errors in a large mod.
Now the small requests are filed one by one.
On top is the complete mod, as it is, from the date displayed.