News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: Morocco (in progress)

Started by angainor88, November 05, 2018, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

Yeah, starting up a new mod set! This one is gonna be Morocco based. I finished the tea tree that's gonna be the first part of the set, and am currently working on the tea house.

(The lighting on the picture is kinda bad... I will have to add new pictures later.)

angainor88

Ok new picture of the tea, and the teahouse too :)

kid1293

Love that colorful tea house! In the snow :)

Great job!

galensgranny

That is very nice!  It is nice to see buildings different from the European styles.

angainor88

After a lot of code wrangling (ugh), I finally finished the Fes Hammam. It's a bath house that works a little like an herbalist (takes one herb, gives health). I wish I could change the input, but I don't think I can.

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on December 05, 2018, 06:39:11 PM
I wish I could change the input, but I don't think I can.

you can only change flag, i think
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@angainor88  :D I am sorry - for my idea - wooden teahouse - but I did not know that I caused a dispute on the forum - it's good that you came back and continue to create your style mods - I love this style and would like to have even more colorful exotic houses and decorations in the game, Cheers

angainor88

Yeah, I wanted it to be fuel, but I could only change the limit flag, not what the healer uses.

@taniu those are some nice pictures! Do you have the source for the third one?

kid1293

taniu

@@angainor88 :D :D
@ kid1293 provided the correct page - it's in Polish - but you can use the translator Goggles - if you use it. I can translate you into English picture 123
picture1
The Hasan II mosque in Casablanca is impressive in many respects. It is located on an artificial island, which looks as if it literally emerged from the ocean. Is the second, third, seventh or thirteenth largest mosque in the world - sentences are divided. There is no doubt, however, that the 210-meter mini-meter standing next to him is the highest in the world. It is also the tallest building erected in all of Morocco.

The Hasan II mosque was built by 30,000 workers for 5 years. Holds 105 thousand believers - 25 thousand inside the building and 80,000 on adjacent areas. The roof of the mosque is opened, so you can look directly at the sky from the inside.

picture2

Tangier is considered to be the oldest city in Morocco, although, contrary to the original theories, it was not founded by the Phoenicians in the 17th century BC. The original inhabitants of Tangier - at that time still referred to as Tingis - were the Berbers, whose name comes from the language. The Phoenicians did not appear until about a thousand years later. They are not, anyway. Due to its attractive location on the northern edge of Morocco, Tangier has repeatedly tempted various origins of invaders.

In 1922-1956, Tangier even gained the status of an international zone - something like a free city, only under the joint management of representatives of eight European countries at the same time. Tangier's administrators were, among others French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch or Belgian.

picture3
Dżam al-Fana is the largest square in Marrakech, which is also its biggest tourist attraction. Anyway, not from today. Its name translates as "a gathering of the dead", which it owes to the slaves' fairs held until the 19th century and executions, whose victims (remains) were exposed to public view. Today, Dżami al-Fana is a dark market where you can do your shopping, eat well, or watch a range of local attractions.

The square itself was also popular years ago. Among other things among ... hippies. What extraordinary Marrakesh had to offer flower children? In short: kif. That is local marijuana in large quantities.
Cheers

taniu

@angainor88 :D :D The whole country is an extremely colorful mosaic, where we will be delighted not only by ancient Roman excavations and masterpieces of Islamic architecture, but also by the everyday life of residents. [picture 1]

picture2The cinema museum in Ouarzazate, Morocco. Ouarzazate nicknamed the desert door, capital is the city and Ouarzazate Province

picture3 The world's largest film studio. There were countless films and TV shows here, including one of Bondów (In the Face of Death), Asterix and Obelix, Play for the Throne and one of the episodes of The Grand Tour. On the gigantic area of the studio in Ouarzazate you will find ancient buildings and fortresses, airplanes, a collection of sphinxes and other film props. Studio Atlas - link to the map.

taniu

@ angainor88 :D a city located at the foot of the majestic Rif Mountains. Chefchaouen (Chefchaouen). A city with blue walls
http://culturalvagabond.com/pl/podroze/afryka/maroko/szafszawan-niebieski-skarb-maroka/
bazaar

angainor88

Aaah thank you for the pictures and the sources! I like to know where the pictures were taken so I can accurately label things. (Also lots of people like to label their pictures "Morocco" online, when they are pictures of other countries)

angainor88

Ok so next piece is finished :) The Fes Tannery (it works like a tailor)