News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jendra - Adam and Eve Cursed LLama

Started by Jendra, January 18, 2020, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jendra

So, this is my ... sixth? Adam and Eve start.  The second one went really well, got up to about 200 people before I decided to start a Cursed Llama one. One time was going okay until I realized that the llama was sunk into an outcropping in the lake and flatten terrain wasn't working.  Next restart, Eve died during childbirth leaving her husband and son behind. 

Screenshot 1 - Year Eleven.  My Eve just died, but she gave me 5 kids first.  Babies have been coming about every 7 people years.  I managed to get the school up before the first child hit ten, so everyone is educated (my very first... and second try, I hadn't stocked enough food before doing that, leading to the starvation that was the reason I had to start the second try, and on the second try I wasn't able to get it open until the 3rd child hit ten).  The town isn't too well laid out, but I was far more interested in getting things near others, like the houses by the school, to worry about it early game, and I certainly wasn't wasting a builder for roads that early, so things are a bit off grid. I also managed to get the houses in the forest hub filled with people past breeding age, so the students were still right next to the school.

Screenshot 2 - Year Sixteen.  See that wide empty swath that goes right through the forest hub?  Yeah.  2 children, 4 adults died in that tornado, almost the entire hub destroyed.  (as you can see, when the past breeding age people died, breeding age couples moved in).  Not game destroying, but it certainly is going to set me back some.

Edited to add the beginning details.  Screenshot 3

Jewelz

I'm new to the blogs - are you using any mods besides CC?

Jendra

Quote from: Jewelz on January 18, 2020, 01:27:30 PM
I'm new to the blogs - are you using any mods besides CC?

No, CC - Journey 1.76 is all I have right now, I've had it about two weeks now, so still trying to figure many things out.  (Mind you, I only got the game itself right before Christmas)

Jewelz

Ah, welcome! The modding rabbit hole awaits you! :D

Jendra

Screenshot 1 - Year 25 brought the spawning of a multi headed, multi behinded cow monster.  I had no idea it was that type of game!  Growth is still slow because of a rash of boys and then those boys having to wait for ten, fifteen years before there were any girls that would deign to move in with them.

Screenshot 2 - Year 30.  Having a dedicated farming trading post means I was finally able to buy seeds and animals, and the farms started spreading.  The original trading post rarely brought anything useful, especially the first few years.  We don't have enough population to run everything we've built and we're low on food, but we'd love a marble statue!  Thank you for bringing it all this way!  Not.  Charcoal is a nice trading good though.  I've also had nomads show up twice, for a grand total of 5 extra people.

Screenshot 3 - Year 35.  The population is finally taking off.  A shipyard is being built upon the shoreline of the giant ocean that takes up a good portion of my map, shore houses are up for sand and clay and an industrial section is being built... way too far away from the fuel and sawmill, I know.  I'll need to fix that soon.

Nilla

Very early childbirth deaths, early tornado, monsters............ what comes next? It´s called the curse of the golden lama so you can expect the one or other strange thing. ;)