News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative plants

Started by Voeille, May 21, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

I started making the evergreen version. I wish we could have leaves that turn brown in autumn, but don't vanish, and cover with snow. Maybe it's possible to reach that with the material files.

Anyway, it looks like I need light grey AO instead of white. I'm relying a lot on on-texture shading, and when the texture is covered it looks quite weird. Flowers disappear just fine.

RedKetchup

i dont want it a crop but an orchard that comeback every year, swing with the wind, change color and lose his leaves in winter
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Voeille

You have a larger more reasonable poly count range for orchards I think. Experiment :)

I think this looks better:

And even better while snowing, because shadows aren't that strong. I wish we could change shadow opacity. The ones cast on the model are just too strong.

Voeille

Well I think I'm done with the evergreen version. Only flowers disappear, the rest stays for the whole year and covers with snow.

Gatherer

Really, really nice.

I prefer the evergreen versions. Will be included in my next town for sure.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Voeille

Thank you :) I think I also prefer the evergreen version, might make it default. It's much nicer when winter isn't so barren :)

I edited the ferns a bit, they were too bright with snow.

Voeille

Question – I want to share the mod as 3 PKM files including 3 versions. Here I can I just pack them into a zip, but what about steam? Is it possible to share multiple files as one workshop entry?

Tom Sawyer

One pkm = one workshop item on Steam. Maybe to make a decision about your favored variant and write a download link there to alternative versions here or on another website.

Voeille

I see. I'll go with the evergreen version as default on steam then.

Voeille

Well, I finished everything and shared it here :) Thanks everyone for your help and patience! My next mod should go more smooth, but I will probably still have questions. I will create another thread for it when needed.

If someone is interested, here are the drawings I made to make textures from (except for ferns, those textures are made with Obsidian Dawn brushes, I linked to them in the download page):

They resemble images from google as I can't draw from imagination yet.

Willows

I have an idea..if it's not too forward.....

Any interest in making decorative POTTED plants and trees?
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

Voeille

Why not, I might try it at some point :) I've never made a pot, so don't expect wonders though. Well, I've never made anything except those plants, a lamp, a stool and an unfinished chair, so basically everything is going to be new ;)

Another random image – this is how the tree looked initially. Awesome, I know. I should've kept it as the final version.

galensgranny

@Voeille , you drew those from scratch!  Wow!  You are an artist!  :)

Voeille

Quote from: galensgranny on May 27, 2018, 03:39:09 PM
Voeille, you drew those from scratch!  Wow!  You are an artist!  :)
I wish to become one eventually :) Now my scope is very limited, and I'm really bad at shapes. Even while looking at an image it can go all wrong. Leaves and flowers are not so bad (especially if I do look at images), but anything more complex is a no-go for now. I hope that eventually I'll be able to draw anything I want, and without looking at any pictures for guidance.

Antiligent

Some shadow issues in each versions.