"Template/storageyards/storageyardiron.rsc"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardmaterials.rsc"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardminerals.rsc"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardstone.rsc"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardwood.rsc"
   ]
}

thats 10 buildings.

the first one : Template/storageyards/storageyard.rsc which name seems to indicate, seems kinda general, all purpose.

the 2nd building: Template/storageyards/storageyardcoal.rsc which the name suggests, seems exclusively used to store the coal flag only.

the 3rd building: Template/storageyards/storageyardconstruction.rsc which the name suggests, seems to store only the construction flag only (custom5)

the 4th building: Template/storageyards/storageyardfirewood.rsc which name suggest, seems to allow only firewood raw material. (Fuel flag)

the 5th building: Template/storageyards/storageyardindustrial.rsc which name suggest seems to allow only the industrial flag (custom3)

and so on up to the wood one which seems to allow only logs to be stored inside (Wood flag)

if you only want to do modifications of the vanilla original stockpile you dont need anything of this. (you need nothing of all this /storageyards/ folder)
only 1 copy of the original /resource/Template/StorageYard.rsc file which you modify the numbers you want and place it in the /Template/ folder
and inside your resource file named: storageyardsx2Resource.rsc you put:

ExternalList list
{
   External _resources
   [
      "Template/StorageYard.rsc"
   ]
}
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

saf75

what im trying to do is to 'override' kralyerg's stockpiles in the ridiculous storage mod so that they are only 2x capacity & not 50x capacity.

kralyerg very kindly sent me the files i need (once again tyvm :D)

all i'm trying to do now is figure out how to get the game to read the files he sent me & put them into a .pkg file so i can use them in game.

RedKetchup

Quote from: saf75 on February 27, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
what im trying to do is to 'override' kralyerg's stockpiles in the ridiculous storage mod so that they are only 2x capacity & not 50x capacity.

kralyerg's stockpiles in the ridiculous storage mod is creating 10 stockpiles.  the 10 in your list.

now.

from what you are telling in your last reply : you want to continue to use his mod, but make another .pkm that you will put ontop of it which will slightly change the numbers.
(what i was telling you, is making your own mod of it which will replace it so you can use your mod instead of the kralyerg one. you had all the files (just need to do your 10icons) but thats ok.)

package.rsc:

PackageFile storageyardsx2
{
   String _name = "storage yards 2X";
   String _author = "saf75";
   String _description = "Kralyerg mod override to make storage yard capacity x2 instead of x50.";
   String _icon = "icon.png";
   int _userVersion = 1.0;

// all files in resource directory
   String _includeList
   [
      "*"   
   ]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
   String _excludeList
   [
      "Package_*.crs"
      "*.pkg"
      "*.pkm"
   ]
}

your storageyardsx2Resource.rsc :

ExternalList list
{
   External _resources
   [
      "Template/storageyards/storageyard.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardcoal.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardconstruction.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardfirewood.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardindustrial.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardiron.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardmaterials.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardminerals.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardstone.rsc:storage"
      "Template/storageyards/storageyardwood.rsc:storage"
   ]
}

your .bat:
cd ..
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Storageyardsx2Resources.rsc /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Storageyardsx2 /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin

keep in mind you will need to keep using his mod just below yours.

saf75

sorry, i think i get what you ment for me to do but i use his mod for building capacity, i only decided on x2 storage because it seemed daft changing them back to normal size :)
i also think the files he sent me are to alter stockpile size & not to create them as i'm not totally sure wether he created them to begin with, they're part of the cc mod.

now i have a really dumb question  :-[
how do i create the .bat file?

RedKetchup

a txt file with notepad you save it and place .bat instead of .txt

dont forget to change the numbers of storage capacity in kralyergs files and put your numbers :)

saf75

knew it was a dumb question lol

i changed the package & storageyardsx2.rsc files to exactly what you told me to put & created the buildresource.bat (i copy & pasted them :) )

am i supposed to run the bat file? because if i do i get this error message:
Assert: Failed to load resource 'D:\BanishedKit\Storageyardsx2\bin\Storageyardsx2Resource_resource.crs'

what am i doing wrong now?  :'(

RedKetchup

did you put your .bat at the root of your toolkit ? not inside your mod ?
D:\BanishedKit\

and inside your mod you have :

package.rsc
Storageyardsx2Resource.rsc
/Template/
/Template/storageyards/
(and inside that folder you have the 10 files from K?)

saf75

i had it inside the mod. moved it to D:\banishedkit\, everyting else is right, only other thing in storageyardsx2 folder is an empty bin folder.
now it says the system cant find the specified path.

cd ..
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Storageyardsx2Resources.rsc /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Storageyardsx2 /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin

is the bat file exactly? is there anything i need to change?

RedKetchup

Quote from: saf75 on February 27, 2018, 02:15:24 PM
i had it inside the mod. moved it to D:\banishedkit\, everyting else is right, only other thing in storageyardsx2 folder is an empty bin folder.
now it says the system cant find the specified path.

cd ..

is the bat file exactly? is there anything i need to change?

if there is an "s" at Storageyardsx2Resources.rsc in your bat, then in your folder you need an "s" at the name of your file: Storageyardsx2Resources.rsc

you can go with both no "s" or both with an "s" but it needs to fit together :)

saf75

nope i had noticed but then i forgot about it

cd ..
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Storageyardsx2Resource.rsc /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin

is the bat file but it still cant find the path

RedKetchup

take out the cd..  line ??

yeah sorry that out that line, my bad (i always put some powerful command lines at begining of my .bat which i wont teach you cause you can delete everything if mistyped and then i need a cd.. after to comeback). Sorry

cd ..
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Storageyardsx2Resource.rsc /pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin

saf75

cd.. line removed & we've gone back to failed to load asset, if the bat file is in my d:banishedkit folder does it need something to refer it to the storageyardsx2 folder?

i get the feeling that we're really close to making this work & its something really simple that we're missing out

RedKetchup

can you upload your mod folder + the .bat somewhere and send me the link by PM ?
or very detailled screenshots. i am not at your PC presently (it is you)

or send me telephatic images so i can see with my real eyes ^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: saf75 on February 27, 2018, 02:44:34 PM
if the bat file is in my d:banishedkit folder does it need something to refer it to the storageyardsx2 folder?

this line is your "something"
/pathres ../Storageyardsx2 /pathdat ../Storageyardsx2/bin

RedKetchup

dont forget, any "S" or "s" are not the same, make sure they all start and have "S" Storageyardsx2