News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Balanced Apiary building - RedKetchup

Started by RedKetchup, August 26, 2014, 09:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello guys.

I tried and I loved alot the new building SRS Luke Hodorowicz added in his ModTools package but i've got a big problem with it : No way i could use a food building giving 7200 foods per year. no way. it's totally insane and not balanced. it was really too much ... OP.

so i played with his numbers and i rebalanced it to roughly giving 1800-2200 food per year. Keep in mind the production will always be linked to the proximity of the workers houses (and their will to work : idle, gathering food, goods or Tools), and the availability of laborers picking up the food (honey) made.

all along the game, the production should be similar to other food buildings and their workers behavior.

If you want to try it / play with it as i will do, download apiary.zip and unzip it in your \SteamApps\common\Banished\WinData directory (or \Banished\WinData directory if you dont have Steam)

Once you unzipped it into your Banished\WinData directory and launched the game, click on the Mods button and the Mods window will appear, you need to 'ENABLE' your new mod :) and click 'OK'.

I hope getting feedback from people :)

If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ivorymalinov

Thank you @RedKetchup  Will give this a whirl later today.  :)

Alycya

Thanks RedKetchup, downloaded and in use and it works perfectly   :)

Paeng

Good job, RedKetchup  :D

Works as advertised - I was daring and put it into my plugins even though I already had an Apiary going (it's just a sandbox anyway, to try all these new mods)... It notified me properly that the plugin has been tweaked and "might cause unexpected behavior", but so far no problem - the figures for collected/delivered honey changed to the new values no problem, and the new season shows  the normalized output.

Thanks for this adjustment, always good to keep things balanced! We'll see plenty of the "unlimited this, unlimited that stuff" soon enough... in fact, it's already starting  ::)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

canis39

RedKetchup, the modified Apiary is awesome, thank you!

rkelly17

Love the modified apiary, @RedKetchup. I now foresee my ale-for-trade model evolving onto mead-for-trade.

In your work on this did you notice whether the apiary had a "circle of influence" the way gatherers or hunters do? I've been trying to see whether nearby forest or fields influence the production, but I haven't really come to any conclusions. It doesn't seem quite right to build the thing in the middle of town and get the same production you would if it were surrounded by orchards.

While I'm thinking about it, is it even possible to do a mod where a near-by apiary increases the production of an orchard?

RedKetchup

i dunno if possible to influence another thing by proximity.

RedKetchup

Hello again !

for those who wants a more Re-Balanced tuned down ... i did another one

Changes from my previous version :

Changed from 32 to 24 honey units per drop.
Changed from 3 to 2 workers. if want more honey, just simply build another one or 2 or more.

Hoping to get some feedback as usual :)

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

assobanana76

OK!
Now we have:
- Sample Apiary
- Modified Apiary Update 2 with Mead and Pumpkin Ale
- Re-balanced Apiary building

you can not combine all 3 mods into one?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

my version is a more balance sample apiary. the sample apiary is totally overpowered and not balanced at all. it gives 7200 food per year for only 4 workers. it s like a cheating version. if the game is really too hard for you, you can keep the original sample version. it will help you . but if you prefer the challenge the game provided before patch 1.0.4 , you would want a rebalanced version.

the apiary with mead and pumpkin ale, it is not coming from me, and i dont even know what it does and what are the statistics.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 11, 2014, 03:23:20 AM
my version is a more balance sample apiary. the sample apiary is totally overpowered and not balanced at all. it gives 7200 food per year for only 4 workers. it s like a cheating version. if the game is really too hard for you, you can keep the original sample version. it will help you . but if you prefer the challenge the game provided before patch 1.0.4 , you would want a rebalanced version.

the apiary with mead and pumpkin ale, it is not coming from me, and i dont even know what it does and what are the statistics.

I've got the apiary, mead and pumpkin ale mod from Banished Info by a user named kralyerg. The honey production with 3 workers is around 800-900 per year. I'm not sure how many units of honey make a unit of mead. I think that the .pkm file has the same name as @RedKetchup's balanced apiary. I've not tried pumpkin ale--always though of it as a "gimmick beer" and avoided it in real life, so . . . .

If I could make mead from @RedKetchup's apiary I would use that and forgo the pumpkin ale potential.

assobanana76

I installed the mod with a sample apiary already done and has crashed the game ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 15, 2014, 01:41:11 AM
I installed the mod with a sample apiary already done and has crashed the game ..

you will have to wait your next town :p

assobanana76