News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Good Small Map

Started by Abandoned, March 27, 2017, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Map Seed#220451503    This is one of the best small valley maps I have played.  The starting point is in the center plain with plenty of resources, the area is surrounded by 6 alcoves, each the perfect size for forester, hunter, gatherer, and herbalist with room for a few houses and later for mines.  I named the town Achievements thinking to complete 4 maybe 5 of the achievements of the 53% I had yet to accomplish. I completed 15 achievements on this map so far, there are only 2 left that might be possible, leaving only 1 left undone.

RedKetchup

looks cool for a little map :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

That is a neat little map, I'll give it a go thanks! I always use small, sometimes medium maps now. The problem is, most people seem to only share large or extra large so thanks for this.

I should really keep track of the maps I use. I start up a new one every time I test something for my mods, I bet I've loaded up some absolute gems and not even realized! I'll try to remember to take some shots of the map and number next time.

embx61

Indeed a small nice map.
I only play small/medium maps. Not because my PC cannot handle bigger ones but I mostly get bored with the same map after a while so small/medium makes me fill the map more before I dump the map to start a new one :)

Most of my time will be modding again though. I honestly like modding more then playing. I am busy with a saltworks, a tannery, a food cellar storage building and are updating some older mods to include AO textures now I have figured that stuff out (I think :) ) thanks to Shocks Tutorial on the BL site. I always tried to bake an AO of my texture map but that never boded well also because of shared/overlapping UV's. I know it is possible to do it that way but just auto Unwrap to channel 2 as Shock does seem to do the job quite well. I found out that because of the AO I don't need Tom Sawyer's transparent "hack" to not let it snow under roofs, etc. anymore either.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@Necora , I keep thinking how good the lake on this map would be for your Maritime dock set and fisheries  :)

@embx61 that is mostly the same reason I like small maps, I find the small maps have plenty of room to fill up and then I can start a new map.  I've used all your mods except the big church (not enough room on small map), especially like the apothecary, farmhouses, and love the sunflowers that come with the oil press.  A smaller oil press and a small wood apothecary would be nice if you're thinking of adding to your to-do list. :)

embx61

@Abandoned

After I have finished my three new mods (Should be done in a day, or two) I shall look into designing a small apothecary and a small oil press.
Yeah, the church is pretty big for a small map. maybe look into designing a smaller one as well. LOL
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@embx61 new mods sound great, that is a beautiful church, love the windows, a smaller version would be wonderful.  I haven't even finished trying all the old mods yet but am looking forward to trying new ones.  :)