News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Good luck with latest Castle Rock map, it looks interesting already.  :)  Thinning out excess mods is a task I must tackle too.  I would also like to try MegaMod deco and SeasonFX, they make for a nice looking map.  :)

Gatherer

I've cut 43 mods. Should be 44 though since upon starting Castle Rock XIII, I realized NMT 3.0 Multi story housing doesn't fit on NMT 2.0.4 markets. Can't drop it now or else risk losing this town to crash.

MegaMod Deco Pack is a huge beast at ~750MB. It should have been broken apart imo. I only use/will ever use just a tiny fraction of it.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Oh that is a huge file.  I keep hoping there will be a modular of CC deco items.  I would especially love to have the deco animals.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on May 04, 2018, 03:02:11 PM
I've cut 43 mods. Should be 44 though since upon starting Castle Rock XIII, I realized NMT 3.0 Multi story housing doesn't fit on NMT 2.0.4 markets. Can't drop it now or else risk losing this town to crash.

you can still use both, use a 2.0 multilvl when there is a market, and use a 3.0 when the 1st floor is a residence.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

I could do that but I use these houses as rowhouses and my OCD won't allow for backsides not in a straight line.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 11: I've relocated the school and added clay chain. The area north of the future canal has been cleared. With the amount of iron ore collected and many patches still on the ground I reckon there will be no need for mining for at least 30-40 years.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 15:

Roads give a rough impression of how the main town will look.

Third maple forest node has been added to the southeast.

Tightly packed village. It will be gradually abandoned in the coming decades and the population relocated north of the canal and the main river. If all works out it will be repopulated in the future.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 18:

Construction of main town is underway. Multi-story houses will be upgraded to sandbrick texture to match the canal.

I will place two trading posts on the lakeshore (bottom left). Between them and the town I will construct an industry area (iron fittings and wagon parts at first, then replaced with lumber, tools and firewood production).
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 21:

DS Industry Trading Post.

I need to get rid of excess stone so dirt roads are being upgraded to stone roads.
Fiat panis.

Nilla

QuoteI need to get rid of excess stone....

:D ;D :D ;D

Never heard of that. I always lack stones! That's usually, what sets the limit of development in my games.

Gatherer

Ah, but I play with plains maps. No hills and small mountains everywhere that block initial spawning of resources.

And it will pay off in the future with 3-storey houses and lots of people going about their business. They will need the speed boost.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 23:

Producing iron fittings, lumber and firewood in this area. And some glass in the upper left of the first picture.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 26:

Added food trading post and a new crop field.

New village. I will use DS Bryggen houses and DS jetty buildings here. I've already built the mines but they will remain closed for now.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 28:

I will keep this village small. Just a starting position for any future expansion and to check out the new jetty buildings.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 32:

I went a bit crazy with the railway from Red's Choo-Choo mod. Just trying to get the feel of placing the pieces. I don't really need to mine yet as there's still plenty of surface iron ore available.

Main town development - honey, mead and herb production. Also waiting for the merchants to bring carrot and pea seeds so I can start up Kid's greenhouses.

Fiat panis.