News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Quote from: embx61 on June 07, 2017, 03:11:24 AM
Do you mean with construction helpers that it is possible the workers stand on a floor in the build stages instead that they have to use dive gear. LOL?
If so and you get this finished maybe you can show me how to do that. No rush, take your time, but I did not know that was possible.
Yes and no.
I also have found that the floor does not work on a build model.
But what I am including with the bridge set are easy to plop down scaffold pieces, as 'construction helpers' - they will include a floor larger than the 1x1 model, I'm not sure how well, or if this will work though as I'm just starting to work on them now, but the general thought is these can be built along the edge during initial construction, or used as a detour path for citizens to travel when demolishing, they will be cheap to build costing 1 log + 1 work.

QuoteOne minor detail suggestion. The end piece (Picture 3) is just hanging above the water. This is possible with reinforced concrete but with brick I am not so sure.
Maybe add some wooden beams horizontal underneath the brick as overhanging joists to carry the load of the bricks?
Good idea!, I have been worried about some of the models being a little too top-heavy and over-extending...

embx61

@Discrepancy

That sounds very promising and hope it will work out as it makes Banished yet a bit more realistic. Yes, I knew that the build stages ignore the floor mesh.
I am eager to see what you come up with.

And as usual. Great work on the bridges. I really like them a lot. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Discrepancy

Nearly a week has passed, so I thought I would give a small update...

And the update is that there isn't really much to report.
I touched on this in another thread; creativity takes its own course, and sometimes not at all.

DS Stone Bridge, this last week has been rather unproductive apart from some simple code mock-up.
I tried for a few days, but couldn't get the creative spark I needed. I just looked at the blender screen for minutes upon minutes...

There isn't a lot to do, but my mind isn't in the right place to even spot the visible bugs.

I feel deflated with the mod right now, so have been forcing myself into a small break (playing GTA V - has been a surprisingly good escape from the banished landscape).

RedKetchup

we all do @Discrepancy ^^ we all do from time to time. i almost finished to watch all the marvel movies lately, i am at dr strange presently ^^

like you said... we cannot command the sparks and make them appear like magic (lol we arent dr strange ^^) you need to let the Source refill a day or 2 :) sometime it is faster... sometimes it takes longer :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Even us players need to take a break every once in a while. But then when you do, you come back ready to get started again. Just remember that it's supposed to be fun and there is no deadline. :)

I've been playing with your new(ish) content and it's been great - and I haven't even used it all yet. Was planning to post some pics but want to do more building first. I've also found a few minor bugs, but nothing important and they can wait.

twilightbreeze

I tend to play the small and tiny terrains.

I love the DSSV mods, but there is no trader attached, and the hospital is huge. Any chance to get a smaller clinic or something?

Also, the original celtic house is very big also. Just a thought.

I understand you need rest, so try not to overload. Sometimes tho, and I have found this true for my own previous modding, working on another mod can help you come back to a mod that's been giving you problems. Thanks for all you do!! :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Discrepancy

I probably won't add another hospital or clinic to the small village set... I want to finalize this set so I can compile it as a single download. That said, I still don't think the hospital is too big. I made it have a larger footprint as I think it should be a building that costs more in planning and construction because the operating cost is just an assigned worker. I do want to add to / enhance and improve the gardens though.

I'd normally agree with statement, but I've been working on plenty of other mods already to try and break it up, that is why DS TownHouses came from nowhere. DSSV gives me grief, Stone Bridge has been giving me grief... I have done many other mods during the time I've been working on these. And I have a long list (backlog) that I see as incomplete... I don't want to start on something new just yet.

Nilla

Make some holidays from modding @Discrepancy before it becomes a burden! Don't think about your unfinished projects, to do lists, requests and demands. Think about, what you have accomplished, think about all the fun you've brought to us players. How YOU have helped to keep this game alive! Then come back with new ideas, new projects, new spirit and above all; have fun by modding.

This could be said to other modders as well!

I know, I have said this before but it couldn't be said oft enough! I thank you all! You know, that I sometimes am critical, but that's just my way to give feedback and you can be sure, when I say positive things, I mean it! I am very well aware, that without you modders, I wouldn't have played this game more or less every day the past few years! :)

taniu

@ Discrepancy.You are a great moderator, you have great ideas, I play a lot with your mods, I am delighted and I admire how your ideas are implemented. Thank you for the wonderful collection  "Village Home", "Town House"," Bryggen Townhouse "- I like the small doctor, bakery, market etc. It was a real surprise. - A great new proposition  "CampfireKitchen "and" DSPizzaBar "- Can add ketchup? :) I like to eat :-[ . Cheers!

brads3

what page is this???? RED KETCHUP is over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
he already did the ketchup factory.

taniu

@ brads3 You do not understand my words. I know that @RedKetchup has created a "ketchup factory" - a separates mods . I had the idea of ketchup - @RedKetchup to add to the food such as Pizza + ketchup, pancakes + ketchup, maple syrup + pancakes, just more uses.

brads3

that makes sence. don't take me wrong.sometimes i just mess with people.it wasa play on words kinda thing with the ketchup.

adelegarland

Has anyone heard from Discrepancy?  When is he coming back?? 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

embx61

Last time he was on the forums was June 28.

He said in a thread before that he was burned out and would take a break.

No knowing if he will come back or not till he pops in and tell us.

The statement is even in this thread a couple post above this.

"Nearly a week has passed, so I thought I would give a small update...

And the update is that there isn't really much to report.
I touched on this in another thread; creativity takes its own course, and sometimes not at all.

DS Stone Bridge, this last week has been rather unproductive apart from some simple code mock-up.
I tried for a few days, but couldn't get the creative spark I needed. I just looked at the blender screen for minutes upon minutes...

There isn't a lot to do, but my mind isn't in the right place to even spot the visible bugs.

I feel deflated with the mod right now, so have been forcing myself into a small break (playing GTA V - has been a surprisingly good escape from the banished landscape)."
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

quadgamer

i came looking for a longhouse because i want to do a viking style start. can't wait til it's finished. guess great minds think alike. (just kidding. yours is way better than mine.) thanks for your mods.