News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trizeropz: +9000 Population Town

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 29, 2015, 03:52:46 AM
@RedKetchup you said it would be a bad seed. I thought about that. I also looked at your and @irrelevant  seed. You  both have many more space for crops n stuff because of less mountains. but did you think about the many less space for trading posts? I dont know the exact amount of your tps but i know that i have on my map much more placed than you, and the space for a tp and their woodcutter is more worth(can get a higher trading value) than the space instead used for crops. So i wanna say: Tp's > Crops.
I agree with you that TPs are the key for building up pop and are more important than farms. One of my goals for my big town was to build it up with a balanced economy not relying on any single chain, like firewood. The firewood exploit is well-known, and I wanted to try something different.

Trizeropz

@irrelevant  okay didnt know that:)

@RedKetchup
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 04:50:25 AM
i finally succeeded to put en end to the field of field of crops that was covering all the map !
and put an end also at the rows and rows of barns we were spreading all around everywhere too !
i dont understand what you mean, sorry. can you explain in other words? i am not that good in english and google translator couldnt help me^^

RedKetchup

if i rather say :
i succeeded finally to put en end to the field of unlimited crops that is covering all the map !
and put an end also at the rows rows of barns we are spreading everywhere too !

does it make more sense ?
someone can explain ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 29, 2015, 08:58:51 AM
@RedKetchup
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 04:50:25 AM
i finally succeeded to put en end to the field of field of crops that was covering all the map !
and put an end also at the rows and rows of barns we were spreading all around everywhere too !
i dont understand what you mean, sorry. can you explain in other words? i am not that good in english and google translator couldnt help me^^
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 06:21:33 PM
someone can explain ?

i believe it's the daily use of french and german instead of english..
so translation by google will not always work.

But i believe @RedKetchup  is trying to say this :

now his map is not covered with farms alone, but there is actual space for other items..
like the city and much less storage barns, so that space can be used for other things as well.

now hopefully this will translate well to german and french :)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Trizeropz

I just loaded an older save file of this map with about 3000 population. I want to retry and tweak it to break the 7000.

RedKetchup

Trizeropz

Thanks RedKetchup :)

This is the last save file from the 7k population with all the relevant stats. I had a lot of houses in the build, too much stockpiles and woodcutter and cemeterys, schools etc.

Picture 1: Food down to 20k. Logs and firewood almost empty same as stone and iron. Population grew exponentially in the last years because I've build a huge ton of houses.
Picture 2: You can see how fast the food dropped before I even accepted the nomads. Thats because I cleared lot's of fields to build more houses.
Picture 3: Health and happiness is 4,5 stars but a lot of people already are hungry and starving.
Picture 4: You see that the city was not "finished". Fishermen placed like s**t and a lot of houses in the work. This time I try to time the baby boom earlier and demolish any building that is not needed for the last 5 years before the crash.

Will post again soon with the images and stats of the save file with about 3k population, were I started again.

Trizeropz

Hey, here is the next update :)

So this is where I started a couple of days ago. I chose the 3k population save file. From here on I will have enough time to optimize a lot of things and hande food and firewood better. On the 7k save map, I had a lot of "unnecessary" buildings like pastures, churches and taverns for way too long. I will demolish them earlier now and going full on production and houses until year 113, where the nomads will hopefully arrive again . I won't try to maintain my town, I intent to play to a big crash with overpopulation. No matter how the town looks like or how low the ressources. My only goal is to push the population as high as possible. I try to optimize the stockpile-woodcutter ratio and the fishermen location and number. I also had to much storage barn, will demolish them one after one when food starts dropping.

Screenshot 1: Population is at 3125. Health 5 and happines at 4. I try to maintain both of these above 4.
Screenshot 2: Storage of food hit the 1 million limit for the first time. I try to maintain +1 million as long as possible from here. There is still space left for crops and fishermen. The church and some barns on the screenshot will get removed soon. I'm happy with the overall placement of the rest of the buildings.
Screenshot 3: Population growth had a small pullback. I forgot to build new homes for a while. Fixing this first for the areas north and north west. Trying to grow as parabolic as possible, so I can grow faster with less demand of food.
Screenshot 4: Too many schools and taverns. I will go rid of the schools soon. The efficiency of uneducated people for these small percentage of people is not important. The space of 42 schools is more important. I demolish the churches and taverns first. All these buildings should give back a lot of logs, stones and iron.
Screenshot 5: I will also get rid of all the pastures with sheeps. I've got close to 7k in clothing and enough wool to produce clothing till year 113. Pastures will bring a lot of space since I've got nearly 20 of them.
Screenshot 6-17: The rest of the map. Not much to say about it. Will post another update of the whole map after hitting 5k again. I hope you guys have a nice overview for now

rkelly17

@Trizeropz, I see a lot of TPs and merchants. Can you tell us what your trading involves?

Trizeropz

Yeah sure, I trade firewood for logs and food. Here and there purchasing some stone. I have it set to auto-trade and just let it go for now. Inventory is set to 6-8k firewood for each TP

Trizeropz

Well, I fucked up. Demolished the schools way too early and forgot about how... bad... uneducated... worker... are. Googled it. 30% less food from crops and 30% less firewood from woodcutter. Regret it. Have to start again <.<

Trizeropz

Restarting now from year 102 and beginning to demolish every taverns and churches. I watch taverns because some of them just dont throw out the ale thats stored inside and I manually have to reclaim and demolish again for some of them

RedKetchup

lol WTH !!!

how you could have so many taverns ? ? ? ROFL

Trizeropz

I dont know anymore^^
I think at that time I wanted to try trading ale too besides firewood