News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Springfield - Story 23

Started by Abandoned, March 20, 2018, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Tom's standalone smoking shed produces a lot of smoked fish as long the supply of raw fish and firewood is constant. With 3 trade value per smoked fish you can buy a lot of other food and even some materials.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer , yes I like Tom's smoking shed very much and have used it often.  I thought I was getting too dependent on it so I did not activate it for this map.  I do have 2 jetty fish driers built and 1 butcher and kitchen.  I could build more of those to expand food production.  Up until now I have not done a lot of trading, usually only for seeds and livestock, Today's chapter I am trying auto trading for the first time.  :)  Thank you for fish trading tip.

Abandoned

Chapter 38

By early spring of year 39 the fishing dock was completed.  Thanks in part to the new hunting cabin our surplus of leather had grown.  We build a mini workshop near the trading posts to make hide coats to trade.

When Gilber, the woodcutter died of old age, we thought the frequent deaths may soon fill our cemetery and we would be unprepared to handle any more burials.  A new cemetery was need before that occurred.   There was some debate over its location but it was finally decided a small cemetery near the apple orchard would be a good choice.

Our surplus of leather was only part of the large number of textiles in storage.  We also had a large surplus of canvas.  We added another worker to the Village Tailor shop where canvas coats were being made.  We also noticed we had a supply of coal now so we decided to make some longer lasting steel tools.

Despite our cold harsh climate and brief tool shortage the citizens of Springfield were consistently healthy and happy.  We credited our wide variety of foods and wanted to insure that consistency.  When Hilber, the food merchant, arrived we traded for potatoes and eggs and thought it about time we try some auto trading.  We could use a more steady supply of fruit.  We wanted to keep our population healthy and happy.  Springfield had a population of 349, 220 adults, 59 students, and 70 young children. 

brads3

what nomad catcher are you using and how big are the groups? lately,i get only a couple small groups and then it jumps to huge groups.the larger goups come closer together than the small start groups did also.

Abandoned

@brads3 I read that on your blog, strange. I have 3 nomad attractors, mini town hall, village hall, and the Celtic Lugh's stone.  For the last 10 years nomads arrived every year or every other year in group sizes of 27- 36.  If I am not mistaken they were at the village hall and Celtic stone.  Next chapter year 39 10 Celts at stone and 57 at the mini town hall, a large jump.  Are you using mini town hall?

brads3

yes,i am using the mini TH. i did try KIDD's well but that is when i noticed they came every year and each bigger and bigger group.switched back. was like 2 small sets and then jump to big 1's.

Abandoned

@brads3 I used Kid's well a lot but don't recall ever getting real large groups of nomads but have noticed bigger groups with mini town hall and arrivals not always at regular intervals. I do not often have more than 1 nomad attractor so I am thinking it is having multiple attractors that cause the variance.

Abandoned

Chapter 39

By early spring of year 40 construction of a lumber mill began.  Workers could process logs into lumber for building or firewood.  Our first auto trade was made, we got 200 cherries. Gather the hauler had flax, we traded for all that he had.

In spring 10 Celts arrived at the Lugh's Stone and wished to stay in a town that housed other Celts, of course they could stay.  The 57 migrants that arrived at the mini town hall had no desire to stay in our cold valley and were soon on their way south.  We were glad to see them go.  We worked hard to get our education rate up to 74%.  We had 60 students and 75 young children that spring and realized we would soon need another school, the  old grammar school was filled to capacity.  The other side of the river had a large number of homes and families but no school.  The school house was completed by the end of summer when early harvesting began and wild foods were being collected.

We increased our auto trade to include vegetables and grain and when Hilber left port in early autumn our trading post had 143 each of apples, berries, cherries, peaches, plums, lentils, potatoes, mushroom soup, pumpkins, roots, squash, vegetable stew and wild honey but very few remaining trade goods.  The trading post was not completely restocked by the time Hilber returned in late winter even though we added another worker.  Our stock of trade goods was gone but we got apples, bannocks, beans, cabbage, flour, hunters stew, onions, and pears.  We would certainly have a wide variety of foods as long as we had enough trade goods.  We needed more trade goods, we needed another green house.  It was completed before the beginning of the new year.

kid1293

Looks like spring is finally coming to Springfield :)

Abandoned

:) yes, like spring things are improving and there is hope, I hope  ;D

brads3

it is nice how you have 1 nomad catcher ring small groups and 1 to bring larger.in my case i only have the ini townhall.seems to have become an issue of huge groups since my crash.way my game is configured it would be hard to find why.

Abandoned

I thought the number of nomads that arrive is based on the population so unless there is a huge increase in population then the number of nomads should gradually increase along with the population.  Unless using a mod like Kid's welcome sign where you choose the percentage you want when you build the sign.  Anything else I assume something is wrong somewhere.  Perhaps multiple nomad attractors confuses the game. 

RedKetchup

yes it is on a % of pop.

vanilla townhall is around 10%. but a moddler can decide of the %.

if you get 10% of 50 pop it will be 5 nomads. and 10% of 300 will be 30.
but if a moddler decide it is 80% ? 100 ? 200% or 300% ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

That is what I thought, thanks for the information @RedKetchup  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on May 03, 2018, 12:32:52 PM
That is what I thought, thanks for the information @RedKetchup  :)

you are welcome :)

btw when i say "around" there is a minimum and maximum value defined. this why i said around ^^
so numbers can go a bit more or bit less. tahst the median
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .