Main Menu

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101

Started by Necora, May 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101 - May 15th 2017

Download it here!

Alternative Download Link for Version 101

Dropbox doesn't work for you? Download it from Google Drive here!

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101 String Tables

Sherbrooke String Table
Necora Toolbar String Table

Maritimes Collection Production and Build Cost Spreadsheet

Note - this is a one stop maritimes shop for all of the information on build costs, production stats, and vital stats of all buildings in the maritimes collection.
It is a work in progress (there is a lot of information to add to it!) so bear with me while I add things as I go. Some resources/buildings might be absent, and I will try to get to them as I can.
If there is something specific you need to know, let me know. Or, if you want to add it yourself, I can share with you the relevant files for you to get that information from and put it into the spreadsheet.

Maritimes Vital Stats

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101 Development Information.

Here is development information for Sherbrooke Village V101. I will use this to keep a record of bug issues, compatibility issues, and load order issues as they are reported, and also for any other things that I think should be bought to your attention :).

Current Compatibility Issues

• Other Maritimes Mods - While I am updating the maritimes collection, there might be compatibility issues between individual mods of the collection until they are all up to date. For best practices, make sure that the most recent Maritimes Mods are above the older ones. In this case, anything released before May 1st 2017 should be placed below any mods released after this date.
  • Colonial Charter - There is a compatibility issue between Colonial Charter and Sherbrooke Village with regards to charcoal. Because of the different ways that charcoal is produced and used between CC and the Maritimes Collection, it has a different balance in each. If you load CC above Sherbrooke, then charcoal is worth less (3 rather than 4) meaning that your steel tools will have more value. If you load Sherbrooke above CC, then the opposite is true. Also, currently Sherbrooke has charcoal listed as 'industrial fuel' where as CC has it listed as 'wood fuel'. This means that if you run CC above Sherbrooke, charcoal will not be able to be used in the Sherbrooke Blacksmith. If you run Sherbrooke above CC, there is no issues. I will be making a bug fix in the coming days to correct this flag issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101 Change Log.

Squished Bug - Blacksmith - Squished a bug in the blacksmith pathing and/or points that prevented it from working depending on the orientation of the building. No idea how this happened, but it shouldn't happen again.

Squished Bug - Tailor - Squished a bug in the tailor points that made smoke billow out of the basement rather than the chimney. Smoke should now come from the chimney.

New Content - Sherbrooke Boat Shop - As a token of good will for putting up with bug fixes so soon after the release, I have added a new building to the set. This is a boat shop, that employs up to 3 bannies to build boats and various fishing supplies. These items are crossovers from the up coming update to the NS Inshore set which will be released soon. It is expensive to build, and has an over hanging back to be built on the shore. Take care in placing it though, to make sure the detail at the back is not below the ground (unless you don't want the detail at the back).

Karlieb

The foundations you added to the houses for Sherbrooke look very nice (the houses look amazing too, but I always notice the weird things; like foundations, shutters that wouldn't cover the window, or would overlap each other,  when shut etc.)!

Edit: And pretty colors for the market!

QueryEverything

Thank you for releasing this :)  I have always loved this set, thank you @Necora :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

I´m looking forward to test this one! :)

Gatherer

This looks super good. Will add to my existing map.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Necora

Glad you all like the look of it, I hope you all enjoy playing it!

I had so many plans for this set, and still do, but time has gotten the better of me. It was mean to be an entire small town with a whole set of industry, as a step up from the Pine Set. I still want to do this, but it will have to wait until the fall now.

Karlieb

I can't make the Sherbrooke Blacksmith work; the little guy runs, picks up some iron and drops it on the ground (over and over) like the flag isn't what he expected. The Pine Blacksmith works fine; did I do some load order wrong?

brads3

it probably is in the mod. but i would try to mov e the sherbrooke mod below CC. you do have the 1.07 banished right?you could also try the compatability mod at BL for thr 1.07

Necora

@Karlieb that sounds like a storage flag issue... but I checked the storage flags in the blacksmith and they are OK. It has Fuel | Wood | Iron | CoalFuel | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 ; with a storage of 2000 units. So there should not be an issue with dropping iron off there, unless another mod in your list changes the iron flag... although I have no idea why any would.

What other mods are you using? What tool were you trying to produce? Was the bannie carrying anything else at the time?

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 10, 2017, 05:27:37 PM
it probably is in the mod. but i would try to mov e the sherbrooke mod below CC. you do have the 1.07 banished right?you could also try the compatability mod at BL for thr 1.07
I'll try moving it below CC.
Quote from: Necora on May 10, 2017, 06:12:53 PM

@Karlieb

What other mods are you using? What tool were you trying to produce? Was the bannie carrying anything else at the time?

I'm using CC, NMT, Iron is iron,  the current Maritime mods and some others that I don't think would affect it. I'll try moving Sherbrooke below CC (the previous version worked below CC) and then I'll try disable Iron is iron. I had read that the Maritimes needed to be above everything else but I may have misunderstood. The problem is with my mod choices and load order then, so I'll figure it out. Thank you for checking your side and sorry that you had to spend time on something that is obviously my own fault. ;)

Was just trying regular iron tools.

Necora

Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 06:41:51 PM
I'm using CC, NMT, Iron is iron,  the current Maritime mods and some others that I don't think would affect it. I'll try moving Sherbrooke below CC (the previous version worked below CC) and then I'll try disable Iron is iron. I had read that the Maritimes needed to be above everything else but I may have misunderstood. The problem is with my mod choices and load order then, so I'll figure it out. Thank you for checking your side and sorry that you had to spend time on something that is obviously my own fault. ;)

Was just trying regular iron tools.

Oh don't apologize for anything! It happens, the load order is unfortunately a trivial matter with so many mods in various stages of development and even modders like myself struggle to keep up... mainly because I just don't have the time to test everything... that is what you guys are for ;)

It is best practice to load the most recent maritimes mods above older maritimes mods, due to any slight changes in UI etc. But in this case, there should be nothing major in terms of resource flags or limits that is causing this error. Especially not with iron, that is something I did not change. I can't see how any of the mods you mention change the iron storage flag.

I'll test it out myself now.

Necora

So to report, I fired it up with only the updated maritimes mods and iron tools are produced just fine. So it must be something in your mod list that is interfering with it. The first thing I would do is move Sherbrooke to the top, maybe for some reason it is interfering with the pine set?

Karlieb

Putting everything below CC fixed it. I don't know why I didn't do that after updating to the new versions.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on May 10, 2017, 06:12:53 PM
@Karlieb that sounds like a storage flag issue... but I checked the storage flags in the blacksmith and they are OK. It has Fuel | Wood | Iron | CoalFuel | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 ; with a storage of 2000 units. So there should not be an issue with dropping iron off there, unless another mod in your list changes the iron flag... although I have no idea why any would.

like i said somewhere else, @Necora  you need to take the habit to add ALL the 2 dozens of flags :) that way you will always compatible with everything on a production building like BS...

and dont worry, people wont start to put cabbage and and piment inside since it is not a barn/stockpile :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I made a note about that Red.

When it's time to do an update with my mods I will add all the flags to the storage part of the producing buildings.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]