News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Botanical Garden WIP

Started by kid1293, July 06, 2017, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@ kid1293 :)I  dreamed of a greenhouse where vegetables would grow. I live in a country where there is winter and vegetables - lettuce tomatoes, young onions etc are grown in greenhouses. Good idea - I support :)Regards

brads3

did you try the CC tropical greenhouse? it isn't great but does use up bonemeal and give some vitamin C crops.i tink it needs a overhaul both to the texture and the yields.

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on July 06, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

How on earth am I going to remove plants in the greenhouse?
They will be ghosted and have a menu button to remove them.
I must be able to click on them.
They are under roof and I can not click on them.

Ouch. That's a bit of a problem.

But it's not a deal-breaker... You could make a removable ghost roof (free to build) for the greenhouse. Then if we want to remove the ghosted plants we first remove the ghost roof. It's not very realistic but it would (should) work. Actually you could even make a few different roofs with different heights, to allow for different sized plants/trees.  :)

So will this greenhouse be made of glass?

elemental

Ground level is good because there are already a lot of ghosted plants that can be used without you needing to do anything to them. I know some people here don't use CC but they do have a huge range of deco ghost plants and trees, including banana palms. Maybe you could borrow some of their plants to include in your mod, for those who don't use CC?

Benches and raised planter beds and pots are a good idea but it does sound like a lot of work. It's entirely your choice how much you want to do with this.  :)

QueryEverything

@elemental beat me to it :)

It's what I do with the shelters and covers you've made @kid1293 when I can't get to something under them, I simply remove them, then build them back up.  I don't see something like that as being a deal breaker on this awesome sounding project :D

Will you be doing the plants in such a way that they can be used with Emb's irrigation?
A good hothouse does need irrigation, and I had hoped that the plants that we would grow, we could show :D

I'm good with the puns and the rhymes lately ;)  hahaha
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Must be the after-effects of all that Van Damme.

RedKetchup

it need also a large fireplace in center to warm the building in winter !!  :D :D :D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: elemental on July 06, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
Must be the after-effects of all that Van Damme.

Oh, @elemental I could tell you a thing or 2 about Van Damme ;)
How anyone could ever accuse him of faking his success is beyond me, you don't get to be 56 and still pull that *marvels* off ...  (some nonce accused him of faking his 'skills' ... honestly) ...

Ahhhh ... hopefully in the great relocation we manage to find my old American Ninja DVD's too with Michael (forgot, damnnit) .... google ... Anyway ... I'm an old Kickboxer tart, lol.

Or ....  and underground warm water hotspring :)
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 06, 2017, 05:28:33 PM
it need also a large fireplace in center to warm the building in winter !!  :D :D :D

Actually ...  I've just come up with a new idea ...  I'mmmmma gonna get in trouble.

@kid1293 & @embx61 what if there was a way of 'piping in' the irrigation pipes from the irrigation system into the Botantical Garden?  Visual (as we can't 'use water') tool - so we see it all plumbed in - but, for the sake of 'doability', what if Kid was able to give us a wall piece that we could choose - either, solid to match the original design, OR - new, that can be replaced with a wall piece that has a joiner from Emb's irrigation - so, the hosing runs right up to the panels.

Then, it's up to Kid, if he wants something to then show inside (using modular pieces), or not.  So, not just bringing the plants outside to sit on the irrigation channels, but bringing the water inside, to bring the plants alive.

*hides behind JCVD

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 06, 2017, 05:28:33 PM

It's true that large greenhouses did use to have a boiler underneath them to keep them warm when it was freezing outside. They cost a fortune to run. Rich people showing off - that's what it was all about.

kid1293

I think I'll use some magic fire. :)

Irrigation? Sounds nice, but it complicates things if someone
doesn't have EB's irrigation and my grenhouses need water.
Do I then have to make a water supply too?

Removable roof? That was odd.
I have finally found some peace after the heavy downturn yesterday,
all I want is to maintain that peace.
I will continue but for now I am not sure how.

---turns to VanDamme: 'You better watch yourself, I'll be back!'

QueryEverything

Ahhh @kid1293 we have cookies too on this Dark Side, not just VanDamme ;)

The irrigation idea is just a visual one - ie:  the pipes just run up to the building, so they look like they are working, but they are not - beauty over function :)
Like this, so the idea is that the pipes (not these ones, these are just to give you an example, I'm talking about the WIP ones that Embx has) can run up to the building, and with your fire magic, have the illusion of a fully equipped hot house.

With a part in the wall that would be able to have the pipes connect, so not a 'real hose', but just looking like it connects :)  Does that make more sense?

I looked for peace, I still do ... I have a kitten who chases sunshine now, that helps pass the time :)  And then there is now JCVD ...  Netflix has a lot to answer for lately, lol! :D

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 06, 2017, 05:39:58 PMAmerican Ninja DVD's too with Michael (forgot, damnnit) ....

Dudikof?  Gah... JCvD at least knew his stuff - but Dudikof? Nah... believe me, I worked with him on two of his "ninja" things, he's just a ham...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Hmmm..  (counting bodies) All survived the ninja attack!

I have been occupied with those ideas for a generic greenhouse.
It can be done with removable roof. I won't do that.
It can be done with preset models. I don't like it but it has to do.

This is how it is - I do what I like to keep me in a good mood and now
I may have found a way out of this mess. Have to be tested first.
It involves a Gardening Shed (what else) and some special greenhouses.
Special in that they produce only a few things. What is seen in them.
See picture.

I will continue and update you when I think a piece is almost finished.

edit - And the choir softly sings - 'He did it his way...'

Abandoned

oh my, that greenhouse looks really nice, that tree high roof looks great. These will be great for the North.  Since it matches the herb & spice garden, I would like one that has a walnut tree, pumpkins, and maybe corn = spice nut bread, pumpkin pie, spice cake.  Looking forward to knowing what other combinations there will be.

A thought: what about placing a small well and bucket of water (washing mod) inside.

Looks great your way  :)

kid1293