News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Thompson Trade Merchants v2.2 (updated 14 Jan 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 12, 2018, 02:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Yeah, you have to think of those poor barrow-pushers. The trade docks have been designed with steps and I'm definitely not suggesting the steps should be replaced with ramps. The ports look great as they are, but it would be nice to have a ramp piece in this very attractive wharf set.

wiscoke

If I may make a suggestion....

Can you make the ground texture of the trade buildings a road type?
And maybe the ground texture from the industry merchant (DS blast furnace and a industry mining ) too.

Those would make some nice road types ;)

theonlywanderer

Specialized traders are always preferred in my towns, but I end up using every trade port available eventually because, well, they look cool! 

Discrepancy

More wharf pieces are on the way, that is one of the things that aren't finished correctly and were made quickly while the mod kit was running testing the traders.

Having the mooring bollards and benches as deco items makes sense, thanks :)

A ramp i have made in the livestock trader:

So i can make a deco piece of it....
(lol, i was thinking of the animals to use a ramp... not a wheelbarrow)

and so many other suggestions... i will see how i go ;)

kid1293

I can see you put a lot of effort in texturing. You don't need many polys if you
do nice a job like this. Just curious - how many polys for this livestock ramp?

Discrepancy

i've added some hay bales now, but all up it is 1300 vertices... but 500 of those is the wagon... have to reduce the poly count on the wheels.

kid1293

Gatherer

Could you make those cranes also as standalone ghosted pieces? Perhaps even as a small standalone mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

theonlywanderer

Has the Thompson trading merchant been updated since MM8.01?    Right now it has a bug where people keep entering the water and get stuck in front it.  It's one of my favorite trade buildings, it looks great mixed in with other docks.   But this bug makes it annoying to use.   Any idea why it's doing that and can it be resolved?   Think I saw somewhere about needing a square space on each side of it, but that's a bandage not a fix.

Discrepancy

The only update made is the beta version of v2 on the previous page. I fixed all the issues you described (i hope... i haven't heard otherwise).

I am finalizing and testing the next beta, and I will release as beta2 for a few days and if nothing major is wrong I will upload as full version 2 soon after.

elemental

Is this any closer to being finished? Again, not being pushy, just curious and looking forward to playing with the finished mod. But I know this time of year can be chaotic.

Discrepancy

I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I'd have liked so progress is a little behind schedule.
I'm not happy with my hay bales and hay textures that i added to the livestock trader and as deco objects so I am going to remake those.
I've made a couple more traders that just need coding along with the code for all the other deco objects i've added.
Hopefully within the next week i will finish it.

Discrepancy

Beta 02 released.

the next beta build of v2.
I have:
- added in a standalone livestock trader.
- added in a standalone protein trader.
- edited the Seed trader to have 2x upgrade options in the UI.
- added deco hay bales, benches, planter box, dock ramp pieces and stair pieces.
- various changes to other traders.
- file structure edits.

This is not save-game compatible with previous beta sorry.
Place this mod above all other DS mods in mod list.

This is still a WIP and there is a few tweaks left to do with all the deco dock pieces. I am also going to add a similar upgrade for the livestock trader.
I was going to add another trader, but I think that one can wait until a future update release.

download latest beta02 below

* the Small Traders that the Seed trader can upgrade to, do not allow the ordering and auto-buying of products. This is by design, not by fault.

v2.0 full release is now available for download from here

galensgranny

I am glad you now have the livestock trader!

Gatherer

I'm looking at that second picture with the upgrade options for the seed trader for after one buys all the seeds he wants in his/her particular town. Could the same be done with the livestock trader but instead of a food import station to be upgradeable to a storage building?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.