News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative plants

Started by Voeille, May 21, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

I rotated it in Blender and scaled it down a bit. To make sure they're really different, I imported the original FBX, then imported the variant FBX on top of it and it's indeed smaller and rotated. (I didn't save that, I just did it to take a look.) I also thought that maybe the mod isn't updating (my laptop is sometimes funny about mods in the mod kit version, I remember with the forest mod I had to reboot the laptop to make it work; but when I added the subcategory it showed properly in game, so I guess it is updating it).

@RedKetchup
Maybe it does need the DDS Utility to be installed to work? But yeah just try PNG, alpha isn't important just for testing the variants.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 24, 2018, 02:42:29 PM
Maybe you did not apply scale after scaling down your F variant and both models are shown in game but just looking the same.

i compiled with the .png version, cant do it with dds

and yeah in game screen both are same. no difference. i think you only scaled / rotated only the virtual screen coords and not the real world in game coords. in 3dsmax we have both, i guess blender can have both too (in 3dsmax i can move it at my screen rotate it , spreading things apart everywhere in my screen without touching the real physical coords and will still the same in the game :P)

as Tom says, probably didnt apply the changes.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on May 24, 2018, 02:45:44 PM
@RedKetchup
Maybe it does need the DDS Utility to be installed to work? But yeah just try PNG, alpha isn't important just for testing the variants.

if some player will use your mod.. will they have to install your .dds utility to use your mod ??

Voeille

I don't think they need it just for the mod to work. Could you please test the PKM file? It should work fine except for the variant.

I now suspect that the problem is that I edited the FBX and exported it again. When I was trying to find the right rotation so it didn't show upside-down in the game, no matter how I rotated it it never changed, and I had to edit the OBJ to make it understand I actually did something. I forgot about that. I'll edit the OBJ and see if that works.

kid1293

He did a virtual rotate so -

You HAVE two plants but the reference rotation rotates it back to original position. No change.

First zero out x and y (picture)

Press R (rotate) and press Z (lock to Z axis) and rotate some.
Then Press Control-A and apply rotation. Now the model is rotated for real.
Export and it works (picture2)

kid1293

The same with scale. Assuming you start with scale 1.0

FIRST scale to 0.7. Then APPLY scale. Then make it scale 0.01 and export

Your first fern is 0.010 (correct - goes to scale 1 in game)
Your second is 0.007 (makes it go back to scale 1 in game - no change)

RedKetchup

in 3dsmax i always always always export in .obj before i re-import it in the scene to be sure everything fine before exporting to .fbx. (i always use that feature also to help me quickly to merge all my pieces in one single mesh)

this is how i can do such files ( you will see all houses are everywhere but in game they are all at real 0,0,0 )

but you have more control of coords with blender. follow what kid said :)

kid1293

If you want to fix a broken model.

First scale second fern from 0.007 to 0.01 - Goto EDIT MODE and (press S) rescale to what you want
This is immediately applied to model. No need to APPLY after. Export and run

You may have to reposition the model a bit after scaling since it is done around models center
If you scale down the bottom is lifted a bit.

Voeille

kid1293

Voeille

OK I have all the variants :) Now to move on to the next plant.

RedKetchup

sweet awesome :)

good work and good learning :)

Voeille

I have a problem with the other fern (and it could be the case with the first one too but it'd be harder to see on that model). They are both made out of modified double sided planes, but in the game only one side is visible. In Blender both sides are visible normally.

Voeille

I think I don't sound clear. This is how it is in Blender:

And this is how it is in game:

RedKetchup

planes are always one side, the backhand doesnt count. if your real sides arent on the good sides... you need to "flip" them. if i say "flip" this is because the operation is really called flip :) or at least this is how the action is called in 3dsmax.

so you need to pick up the planes that arent good side and search your menus and ask to do the action to flip them :)