News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I like the regrowth of trees. Sometimes I even use the garden shed to plant only in living areas. :)

brads3

have you tried the dense forest mod?fills the map with trees after about 20 yrs. the garden sheds i set out are cut only.

brads3

YEAR 90 REVIEW

population 1080,35% educated in 239 homes including boardinghouses.more houses to move the educated bannies would help improve the productions.stone and iron are short and more firewood is needed soon.
                    merchants still bring a lot of miscellanious goods and seeds.  RED tried to fix that ,but with the extra mods the issue does seem to be worse.it might be due to having so many items as well as influenced from the North trading.the RK combined with the my precious does double the jewel items. there is 3 main mods worth of merchants.don't bet on them bringing what you want,though some are consistant.KID's building trader does bring tools often.
                   hopefully,the bannies can get enough stone to finish the roads and buildings for the colonial city.more schools and sporadically building houses should help the education level. i would like to get it to 50% by year 100.

with some luck,maybe Pilgrim and KId finish the new england colonial mod. that and CC fixing the fort modular set would be a big help.

pic 1:yr 90 stats
pic 2:production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4:citizen and population graphs
pic 5:limits,firewood,and tol graphs

brads3

YEAR 90-93 education 45%

TO help improve production,more houses were built.several schools were also added.a CC  saltinghouse and RK dryer add to our meat processing.the saltinghouse needed barrels,so a cooper was built in the production village.
          a perfume shop allowed us to add some luxury buildings, a new clinic and bathhouse.most of the city roads are completed.grass has been planted along the walls of the monestary community.several statues now line the front.

pic 1:CC "bank",since the nordic bank didn't work
pic 2:meat processors and the colonial town's firewood station
pic 3: perfume shop
pic 4:marble statues along the walls of the monestary village

brads3

YEAR 94

THE COLONIAL CITY is almost completed.i wasn't sure what to do with the north section near the garden inn.just to finsih it off,i placed more greenhouses.there are many houses being contructed.the barbershop was finally finished.not sure what held it up.i did make silver bars twice and even silver and a gold bar.there are 2 types of silver bars,RK and the my precious mods.an RK dairy is built near the red dairy pasture.

as the education improves so does some of the fields.we take less items in trade as production has increased.we still have 100-200 more laborers than needed.now that more are schooled,lots more houses need to be built.

pic 1: bathhouse,medic,and barber shops
pic 2:RK dairy
pic 3:far east farms
pic 4: colonial town north center

Gatherer

I like the way your colonial city is developing but I do have a critique (sic?) :-[ . All that stone used for roads and no fences to prevent bannies taking shortcuts through the lawns. I know, I know...I'm sounding like an old record but this is something that is bothering me constantly in your towns. Trust me, fences (normal and ghosted) and Necora's empty tiles are your friends.

Are you planning on reaching 100% education and what then? An even crazier mod order? ;D  It's going to be a fun read I bet.

Keep up the good work!!! :)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

no,it will go to year 100 and over 50% educated. been working on the next project but have had some issues.gong much slower just to get it started. did make some changes specific for it.

glad you explained why you want fences. the empty space mod i pulled out for the next map.had to pull a bunch in order for it to function with mods i added.you want to make these bannies work harder and walk farther.i will think on that. in some places it might work  well.i did double raods different and it does work better.before the roads were 3 wide but 2 was grass or transparent.now i do use 2 tiles of dirt roads or stone.

Nilla

Quote from: Gatherer on July 07, 2018, 10:04:54 AM
.......... bannies taking shortcuts through the lawns..........

Sometimes Bannis are like people! ;)

brads3

YEAR 95

THE main construction of the colonial city is done.there is some cleanup,trees planted and lawns.then more houses,storage,and crop fields will be added aroud the map. there are 280 houses plus the inns and boardinghouses.
      to dig the quarry deeper we need lamp oil.a CC oilpress will be built in the production village.the bannies have dug deeper and candles will not give them enugh light.the CC press requires whale blubber to make lamp oil. let's try an EB oil press next.the production village is quite crowded by now.

pic 1:year 95 stats
pic 2:colonial town southwest corner
pic 3: northwest corner
pic 4: north east corner
pic 5: southeast corner

brads3

YEAR 96-97

there is more reeds being grown than bundledso the dock village needs expanded.a rice winery and more houses will be built.fishing docks will be built on both lakes.the village has grown large enough that it needed a market and a school.knowing the swamp people like their frog legs,a shorehut was built.the bannies will scavenge frogs from along the stream.

neither oil press will make lamp oil.after waiting and trying to order it,finally a merchant did bring some whale blubber.as soon as i try to buy any,the game crashed.guess i should remember to save more often.on the next run,the game let me take the whale blubber, and the CC press used it to make lamp oil.

over 290 houses are complete.education is now 50%. we continue trading for tools,firewood,and food.

pic 1: growing  dock village
pic 2: far west southwest corner
pic 2: far west west middle
pic 3: far west northwest
pic 4 far west northeast
pic 5: west east middle
pic 6: west southeast corner

Nilla

You really have a big beautiful settlement!  :)

brads3

thank you.you are getting reports from work done a week ago.since the game has put up a fight.

brads3

YEAR 98-99

with only 2 years to go,i let the bannies finish projects that are already started.there are farms stretching to the south lake.a few more fields have been planted.a new dairy and chicken pastures are being cleared.since the bannies had time a quay village was started on the south lake.

over 300 houses are completed. the education has climbed to 53%.    there is still more room to grow.food did drop with so many houses being built.

pic 1: dock market and school
pic 3: southlake farms
pic 3: quay village start

brads3

YEAR 100 REVIEW

that took some time.took the education level to 0% and then rebuilt it to over 50%. finished a walled community with the monestary and a colonial city.though it was a struggle at times to have enough materials,the bannies survived.

population 1305 with way too many laborers.53% educated.with the new houses,there are more children being born.302 houses plus 2 boardinghouses and 2 inns.food production is still 10,00 short.we do have a lot of items.way overstocked with textiles even without trappers.there is alomst 4000 vegetables being processed.the fields produce more than 7 sorting stations can handle.there is lts of corn that is inedible stored.in the last year,limits have been hit.a 3rd stables and adjusting limits are needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  mod issues:
       note some of this info may be wrong,due to a flaw in the mod order.i do miss my notes that this computer ate a few months ago.when i attempted to place the NORTH above the RK,i created a registry glitch.the CC is actually loading above the other 2 but only partly.

the orchards seem to be way low.the forget orchard mod is affected by the RK or doesn't help it.they are better with educated workers but still less than expected.the climate has a dramatic affect on them.

dense forest mod has good and bad points with this mod order. it increased textiles even though i had planned not to use the pelts and furs as much.it also means less firewood being gathered as firewood only appears in the fodder meadows.planting orchard forests and leaving the trees to produce does not work.a forester is needed to trim and care for the trees.though the regrowth is faster than i like ,it didn't help the log outputs.that was most likely due in part to the lack of education.realistically is it right? yes and no. if it was adjusted so the growth was slowed down and disasters such as forest fires and tornados were turned on,then probably.however,a player has to consider how it reacts with other mods they are using.

the main mods,RK,NORTH,and CC,do have some issues.TOM changed flags, but most items work . the glassworks is the exception.
combined there is some storage issues.quite odd that textiles and coats were storing in the misc cart.other than having 2 silver bars,the game does merge the items in the inventory quite well.
             going forward, there are many changes that TOM and RED have made. my main reasons for having the North is to affect the climate,education,trading,and the happiness.it will take some experiments to see if those parts will work with the RK.how much give and take will there be? key will be getting the 2 to work without the CC overpowering them in the registry.

there were some minor issues. oats failed due to the CC stable mod.the main trade post and townhall cause crashes.EB's leatherworks needs adjusted.CC's duck blinds had low outputs but will be obsoleted with RED's animals.

there is progress. storage does work better.RED and KIDD have made improvements.  new modders have helped combine storage and functions with the forest parts.RED's forest barn adds a new option with Necora's pine sheds. the food gathering is better with pine mod gatherers. this map does highlight the many different colonial houses from several different mods.

pic 1:year 100 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: gaphs and limits