News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Long Dark

Started by angainor88, December 20, 2018, 06:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Congratulations!  ;D

You should try the Whiteout challenge next. It's fun. Hopeless Rescue is another good one, if you know the regions really good.

The Hunted, which is 2 parts, isn't finished yet. There's more parts coming, but I found it to be a bit mundane and uneventful - personally.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

angainor88

The Hunted scares me :P

Every time I hear bears in the main game, I run away!

I will probably do Whiteout next, then maybe Archivist? I will work my way through them all eventually...

Hawk

I forgot to mention, The Hunted challenge is bugged. I would advise against playing it right now.
Hinterland is aware of the issue but it seems they've been concentrating more on Wintermute lately and not fixing bugs.

As a matter of fact, with the 1.46 update they've introduced some pretty serious bugs.
If you store anything in the red toolbox at Spence's, you'll lose it when the face of the toolbox disappears, and it will. Similar thing with the filing cabinet and chest of drawers at the Mystery Lake camp office.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

angainor88

Artfactial

I might try that one too, it sounds pretty hard though and I'm struggling to get by at the best of times with this game.:P

angainor88

It can be tough, I admit. It's easier when you know the maps by heart. I spent days 2 and 3 hiding out in the Carter Hydro Dam/Ravine. The aurora wolves had me surrounded in there. But it's always a bunch of fun in a challenging way.

Artfactial

It's definitely challenging and atmospheric.:) But I'm not really into the whole 'knowing the map by heart thing'; exploration is a large part of what interests me. So I'm probably only handicapping myself even more.
Going to give it more of the attention the game deserves when I have some to spare.

asero

Quote from: Artfactial on November 01, 2019, 05:36:23 AM
It's definitely challenging and atmospheric.:) But I'm not really into the whole 'knowing the map by heart thing'; exploration is a large part of what interests me. So I'm probably only handicapping myself even more.
Same. Probably why I stopped playing Skyrim some time ago as well. I don't even need the map anymore to know were every quest location is. Scary.

Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost. ~ Erol Ozan