Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, June 17, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: schueler on July 20, 2018, 07:28:27 PM
Hello RedKetchup,

I tried to modify Game/Terrain/Valleys.rsc to create a less hilly terrain. It works. However, I'd like to see the default grass
texture on the map. I reckon WeakMaterialInstance _terrainMaterial = "Terrain/Terrain.rsc"; does refer to your custom texture and not the
default one anymore? Which WeakMaterialInstance should I refer to, given I'm using your Editor's Choice mod?

Merci!

in my mod terrain/terrain.rsc still refer to the Terrain\TerrainGrassTexture.rsc
MaterialInstance resource
{
Material _material = "Material\Terrain\TerrainMaterial.rsc";
Texture _textures
[
{
String _name = "grass";
ImageBuffer _texture = "Terrain\TerrainGrassTexture.rsc";
}
{
String _name = "dirt";
ImageBuffer _texture = "Terrain\TerrainDirtTexture.rsc";
}
{
String _name = "rock";
ImageBuffer _texture = "Terrain\TerrainRockTexture.rsc";
}
{
String _name = "snow";
ImageBuffer _texture = "Terrain\TerrainSnowTexture.rsc";
}
]
}

thats the valleys.rsc itself (along with mountains.rsc that refer to another png
TerrainGenerator resource
{
StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:terrainType";
String _text = "Valleys";
bool _exposed = true;

// materials
WeakMaterialInstance _terrainMaterial = "Terrain/PeaksValleyTerrain.rsc";
WeakMaterialInstance _riverMaterial = "Terrain/River.rsc";
WeakMaterialInstance _lakeMaterial = "Terrain/Lake.rsc";

// size of the map
Feature _features
[
// ------ small ---------
{

and i gave the original grass to another one. and i just changed the name it appears at the your screen. why i did that ? because it was the only way to change the fancy animated save game demo when you launch the game. you know the fancy demo that swing left and then swing right.... ?

so your changes is probably ON but not exactly the same map you thought it was. put your mod first and check the other map... surely you can write over my changes.
if you need the original png.... i put it in attachment.

dont forget to call things inside your MyModResource.rsc file not just the /game/Valleys.rsc... but also your terrain/terrain.....
Here an example of things i can call.....
"Game/Terrain/TerrainList.rsc"
"Game/Terrain/Valleys.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/ValleysPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/ValleysGPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/Plains.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/PlainsPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/PlainsGPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/Mountains.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/MountainsPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/MountainsGPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/Lakes.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/LakesPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/LakesGPeak.rsc",
"Game/Terrain/Marsh.rsc",
"Game/StartCondition/StartConditions.rsc",

"Terrain/Terrain.rsc",
"Terrain/PeaksValleyTerrain.rsc",
"Terrain/PeaksValleyGTerrain.rsc",
"Terrain/TiledDecals/CropFieldMaterial.rsc",
"Terrain/TiledDecals/OrchardMaterial.rsc",
"Terrain/TiledDecals/PastureMaterial.rsc",
"Terrain/TiledDecals/StorageYardMaterial.rsc",
"Terrain/TiledDecals/BuildingFootprint8Material.rsc",

"Models/NaturalResource/Ore/MaterialInstance/OreTexture.rsc",

sometimes the game wont do any changes unless it is really called ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

schueler

Thanks very much. It works like a charm. :)

I didn't even require all the resources: Merely referring to PeaksValleyTerrain.rsc was enough to fix it. Other than that I have to start 100 games to get an aesthetically pleasing map ;)

brads3

RED,can we get a chart of what the climate is suppose to be? high temperatures of winter ,spring,summer and when the cold should start in the fall for different start climate setttings? i have summers that are hitting 90 degrees "f" not celcius. on fair setting.just seems warmer than it should be. thank you

RedKetchup

the climate are totally vanilla number. i never edited those.

Fair.rsc :
ClimateGenerator resource
{
StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:climate";
String _text = "Fair";
bool _exposed = true;

// base range for temperature over the year
float _baseTemperature = 50.0;
float _temperatureRange = 30.0;
float _temperatureTolerance = 5.0;

// normal distribution range of base temperature change (biyearly?)
float _temperatureVariance = 40.0;

// chance for precip, clouds, partly cloud, sun
float _weatherChance
[
//  Precip Clouds  PartCld Sunny
0.5, 0.7, 0.9, 1.0, // early spring
0.4, 0.6, 0.6, 1.0, // spring
0.4, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, // late spring
0.4, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, // early summer
0.3, 0.3, 0.6, 1.0, // summer
0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1.0, // late summer
0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, // early fall
0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, // fall
0.5, 0.6, 0.9, 1.0, // late fall
0.6, 0.6, 0.9, 1.0, // early winter
0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, // winter
0.6, 0.7, 0.9, 1.0, // late winter
]

// normal distribution range of weather chance
float _weatherVariance = 0.4;

RandomSelection _tornadoChance
{
float _years = 100;
float _population = 1;
}
}

Harsh.rsc :
ClimateGenerator resource : "Fair.rsc"
{
String _text = "Harsh";

// normal temperature swing
float _temperatureTolerance = 15.0;

float _temperatureVariance = 50.0;

float _weatherVariance = 0.6;
}

Mild.rsc :
ClimateGenerator resource : "Fair.rsc"
{
String _text = "Mild";

// normal temperature swing
float _temperatureTolerance = 2.0;

float _temperatureVariance = 20.0;

float _weatherVariance = 0.1;
}

brads3

thanks RED.i have no idea why mine seems warmer than it should.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 22, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
thanks RED.i have no idea why mine seems warmer than it should.

if you have some mods further down your modlist that call those files in the Game/Climate/ folder... they will still be enable because me, i dont call anything from this folder

brads3

yea,i noticed with the North enabled the climate was harsher.like a average between CC and the North.not as harsh as North by itself but not overly warm either.the climate now doesn't fit the CC even. a fair4 setting plays more like a normal mild. the only main mods are the RK and below it is the old CC NF,1.06 version.

will do more testing and thinking after this map.

BlueFireChelle

I've been crazy busy with work and have not had the chance to play much :( but wanted to come say thanks for replying with more info, Red.  I've played with the CC Furnace Fuel production chain for so long that it's interesting to not need it!

An odd bug, but I traded for some Llamas and am not getting wool. I usually go for sheep but none arrived for years so I took Llamas instead, so I don't know if it is an unrelated glitch, but I can't figure out why I am not getting wool. I tried the new fodder pasture, I built one of Kid's fenceless farm pastures, and I tried a regular pasture, but they only give meat and bonemeal once they reach full capacity but no wool. I think when the Llama first moved into the pasture from the trading post that I got 12 wool immediately, but nothing since. Anyone else found a problem like this?

RedKetchup

if there is a trouble with lhama it cannot be RK Ed. it doesnt know lhama is something that can exist....
and pastures doesnt decide if something from animal drop or not. if a pasture would bug cause the placement, and the placement of the animal shelter... it wouldnt care if they are lhama or cow or sheep or chicken....

BlueFireChelle

thanks, Red. I just played for a while and a trader eventually bought sheep. Your pasture is working fine and I'm getting wool from sheep. My bannies ended up eating all the Llamas! No idea what is causing that to not work.

And you're right about secondary food production really giving a lot of return! I am inundated with food! I built a 2 bakeries, a butcher, and smokehouse etc and I have so much food I've had to build an extra barn :)

brads3

the lack of wool is strange.i had llamas and they did give wool on a previous map. do you have another pasture mod loaded or the anti-feather north addon mod?

RedKetchup

probably you've got hairless lhamas :)

rkelly17

Quote from: BlueFireChelle on July 23, 2018, 03:21:33 AM
An odd bug, but I traded for some Llamas and am not getting wool. I usually go for sheep but none arrived for years so I took Llamas instead, so I don't know if it is an unrelated glitch, but I can't figure out why I am not getting wool. I tried the new fodder pasture, I built one of Kid's fenceless farm pastures, and I tried a regular pasture, but they only give meat and bonemeal once they reach full capacity but no wool. I think when the Llama first moved into the pasture from the trading post that I got 12 wool immediately, but nothing since. Anyone else found a problem like this?

I don't think that this is unique to RK Editor Choice. I had exactly the same thing happen in a CC 1.76 game. The llamas gave wool at first and then stopped. I told the citizens to eat them all and bought sheep. My memory is that this did not happen in earlier versions of CC, but I'm not positive. Maybe recent updates of llamas have introduced a bug.

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 23, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
probably you've got hairless lhamas :)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/c2/f2/37c2f2cd69c6e5139c49aaf7a12d766b.jpg
Ha ha!   ;D ;D ;D   Thanks for the smiles and laugh, Red!

BlueFireChelle

I love those hairless Llamas! I'm sorry I got the bannies to eat them now that I see how cute they are! LOL! 
I'm not sure if other mod combos would have had the same Llama-drama. For some reason I've never used them before (I really really prefer sheep) but I in this case I gave up waiting for them to arrive. I think from memory the new RK Editor tailor must have a more restrictive range of clothes?? Oh, I remember, it was reeds! I think I was having trouble getting reeds for the survival coat (do fewer spawn now?) so I wanted more fabric asap and thought the Llamas would do it.