News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Website showing Input & Output of Colonial Charter production chains

Started by TheOtherMicheal, November 17, 2016, 05:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherMicheal

Hi everyone, a lot of us ask (demand!) modders make their mods compatible with CC because we rely on CC as a base mod. Sometimes getting information on the CC production chains is a problem and the easiest way seems to be start a game and look for the input and output of the production chain over a few years. I don't think this link has been posted before so hopefully it will be useful for people (but I didn't check all of World of Banished so if it is listed elsewhere, please feel free to alter/delete this post)

It doesn't have a date or CC version number associated with it so I am assuming the information is still valid but it gives details of the various production chains and results can be set for educated or uneducated workers via a drop-down menu.
Another drop-down menu allows certain categories to be selected although in some cases (e.g. flour), an item is not listed in any specific category.

http://www.silisoftware.com/tools/banished-colonial-charter/index.php?m=&e=0

Turis

Demand?!?

Come on! The modders don't work for us. They're modding for us freely and with complete liberty. They make their mods and I choose which ones I want to use and if there's a conflict, I'll mention it and wait for a possible fix if any.

Besides, your request is vague and lack any specific details. You should contact the modder of a certain mod and ask them. They may tell you if the mod can be fixed or not.

Have a nice day!

Paeng

Well, I don't think "demand" was meant literally or in a negative way... fact is, that if a modder comes up with a cool idea, a whole community may jump on him expanding on his original idea - make this color-variant, this addon, so many f-variants, compatible with this and that, a complete set of textures, and and and... it may often appear as "demanding", but in a positive sense... think synergy  :)

This is quite normal and only shows the value people place on a modder's idea - nobody in his right mind will see this as binding or expect a modder to jump and fulfill ALL these fantasies. It's a kind of brainstorming... and in the end it's the modder who decides how far he will take his mod.

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

Paeng is correct.  ;D
When I said (demand!) it was meant as a joke. Unfortunately this type of humour is not always understood when it is written/typed.  :(

When a lot of fans ask a modder to add this or change that, it can almost seem like the fans are expecting the modder to produce results instantly. It can feel very demanding to the modder and some fans get so excited over a proposed mod that they forget that modders have their own lives and do not exist just to make more mods.  :o

There is a lot of time and effort that goes into making a mod and some of that time is often spent gathering information about how the mod will work in the game or work with other mods.
The whole reason for posting the link was to allow fans and modders to get more information about CC production chains in case it might affect a new mod.

Turis

Yeah, I overreacted too. I usually use emoticons when I'm joking.

RedKetchup

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on November 18, 2016, 08:55:18 AM
It can feel very demanding to the modder and some fans get so excited over a proposed mod that they forget that modders have their own lives and do not exist just to make more mods.  :o

truedat ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .