News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlelamb

Quote from: brads3 on November 10, 2018, 02:50:44 PM
@littlelamb  1 thing i do is place a firewood stoage between the stock pile and the wood cutter. this takes items out of the pile.otherwise the cutters replace logs with firewood. another thing that helps to avoid that pile getting full is a material market of sorts. there are several options now with various mods. they give you extra storage for logs,iron,and stone.again this gives more room and takes stock from the start pile.REd has made several options,EB has a small market set plus a material market.KID has some wagon or carts to help also.SLINK's industrial barn storage and there is a industrial plaza also. There are also different options for storage in forest areas. a variety of these scattered around helps. not only do they give extra room, they also give the laborers a quick place to drop items. this can help speed up clearing land.

Thanks for the advice brads3, Does adding building have any other effect on the game besides giving more buildings. I ask because at present I am having a problem getting RK's ducks to show properly in the pasture.

I have taken out all mods except Iseefire, Horse and Wagon , and Debug. I have started a new game and am now waiting for a delivery of ducks. I was playing with CC Journey and have also taken that mod out.

Do you know if Redketchup"s butcher will work with the vainly game.

I have placed specific covered stock piles near the appropriate buildings and it is helping.

brads3

how much does the hunting season mod help? that would be useful info for other players.

it is all about the options. clothing can be made from several products.yes leather is low,but you also have furs. when i had the 1.04 version of the pine mod ,i had too many pelts and furs.swapped to the 1.05,and the balance is much better.map i am now i went to KID's flax garden from his ww addition,the ghost down.using the worklpace tailor,i coud make linen coats. with trappers from the pine mod bringing in pelts,a furrier tailor makes pelt coats also. options so you can work with whatever the game or map throws at you.

firewood is harder or takes more time to cut.1 trick is to use KID's FO thatch mod above the RK.now i have no excess fodder as the houses burn it.fodder and thatch interchange.you have the fodder texture but the use is that of thatch. i have a good system of sawmills and log depots moving logs to them. i am still breaking even on firewood. at about 70% educated.

age mods you have the 1:1 with many options. check the changelog on this. https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/27-one-year-is-one-year-Update-26-17091434

you can also try the propertime mod from KID.  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1930.0;attach=21303

brads3

LAMB,some mods just add houses or different looking buildings. many do add more items,have different work times, and different functions.some will affect each other as well.

RED's butchers will work with any game. depending on mods and order ,you have many different meat cuts.as long as CC is below the RK,ducks should work fine.the debug mod i have never seen cause any issues. the fire mod and wagon mod shouldn't either. 1 wagonHO mod does change the wild animals if loaded above the RK. depending on how those mods are ordered ,you can get  different looking bison.

donwolfkonecny

Thanks for the good info brad.

I disagree with the categories in Banish, can we repurpose them? For example I see no purpose at all for specifying veggie vs protein. However I do see, and it's frustrating to not have, raw food vs processed food. I would like a market or stall that sells veg AND processed meat AND processed grain but not raw meat or raw grain called FOOD, which I would put near my clusters of houses that are far from marketplace (actually may not need marketplace, if you have a Food and Firewood markets). Meat cellar does not work because it's same as protein cart - it pulls raw AND unprocessed protein, no idea what that is good for. Now i have to have protein AND veggie AND grain to distribute my food? and cannot supply my food processors??? I don't see the purpose of distinguishing between protein and veg in this game, and anyway, veg is also protein so it's actually incorrect. So is grain. It would be interesting to see a mod that made use of protein vs veg (which is also protein) but I don't know of one. When there is a processor of only veg, then we might need to distinguish veg from meat.

I think the original game would have been better with a list of characteristics such as Raw/Processed, Grain/Meat/Ore, and that list could be expanded for as many categories as got modded.

3) Cannot use mineral market as it's the same as mineral cart, pulls minerals AND salt, one is only for food and the other only for industrial, why combine them??? I would go so far as to say Salt is miscategoried. Yes I understand it's being mined (which is not realistic, typically it's above ground) And we already have a salt mine. Really, it should not be coming from an underground quarry. Make it only come from Salt Mine/Flat (not Random mine either) and call it a Protein so it goes with the meats for salting, since salt is never used with the other minerals.

4) Textile market that pulls unfinished AND finished products??? i think this has the same problem, fills up with finished goods, and no more space for unfinished goods. Not goods lol

5) "Fodder Barn" is a not true. My fodder barn has brick glass, copper lumber and a little bit of Fodder though I'd say 98% of Fodder refuses to collect in the Fodder Barn. I think it is actually a Construction Materials Barn and should be labeled that. Fodder should be categorized same as water since they are used together. Why are flowers Misc? They should be same as Water and Fodder which I guess is Construction for lack of better. Also Granary is not

SPECIAL REQUEST:::

I have a special request please. Could someone please make a standalone mod that is compatible with everything else and it does these things, in order of importance:
A) raw meat AND SALT and not processed meat are considered protein (maybe "raw materials market" could be repurposed and renamed (raw meat market) for this, for purpose of this mod
B) all processed food considered veg, change name of category or at least market to food. This would NOT include raw meat.
C) Minerals would be all Ores but NOT salt(protein) and NOT Coal. Need a cart for Coal, or at least stockpile. Smoker and Glassmaker use Firewood but not Coal, so need to continue to be able to distinguish between Firewood and Coal.

I think the barns and markets are cute but I think I prefer that I can visually see how full a stockpile is, and not market/stall. So I would actually prefer a stockpile style, or some other visual way to see how full, perhaps a flag that shows how full? Or some other cute indicator.

It sounds as though I can't have any generic stockpiles at all in the map because they will get misfilled which will cause them to fill with the wrong thing (usually fodder, which is on the wrong side of town). So I guess without the fodder market, never use a generic stockpile.

embx61

Many of the things you request are not possible or posible but not without creating problems in another area.

20 flags is all we have and have to put everything under.

I have said this quite a few times in the past. The game is not up to par with the many, many items modded in from about 4 years ago.
Gigabytes of modded content is created over the last 4 years and the game from it's basics was/is not really prepared for that.

Nobodies fault, it is just the way it goes. We are humans after all and only want more....more ..... more.... :)
I can see that some players want pizza's, ice cream, and who knows what other foods in the game but the downside is the flags and so storage problems.
You end up with 30 food products which are flagged protein for example and there is no way to insure only some of those are getting stored in a barn or market.
That process is all hard coded in the AI.

I disagree with some stuff in Banished too but nothing we can do about it. The game is finished and what we have is what we have to work/play with.

Flagging some stuff the same because they are used together make no sense.
It maybe work for some stuff but not for others.
I have a preservist which uses a food say meat, salt, and a amphora as input.
The Amphora added was for two reasons, to give pottery a real reason instead of just being a trade item and I think it gives a bit of realism.
After all, most processed food stuff is put into a container and not dropped on piles on the floor.

So If I flag the Amphora food because they are used together as input it will be rather silly.
Bannies will start to eat the Amphoras if I flag them food. :)

I can understand many want more streamlining but it is just not possible without getting rid of quite a few resources which are added over the last 4 years.
Can things be a bit better? Yes, but this means in some cases to get rid of many modded in foods and/or other resources to lower the amount of items flagged under one category.
I not think many will like this as most instead rather see more and more resources added.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

hmmmmm. ok. so you want food broke into 2 storage flags,1 edible and 1 inedible? all food is flagged food.then there are 4 groups of food.you can do as you say with inedibes and test various markets and storage option. i disagree cause of the way the game is designed.  the bannies take grain or deer home and process it in their own houses.originally this is how the game was set.if you use the inedible food mods,the bannies can starve with a full barn.in the beginning of a game, what are they going to eat?

the game was not desinged with modding in mind. don't think LUKE figured the game would go as far and have as many players as it does either.

salt or sugar does not fit a food group.how do we label it as food? set it at fruit?realistically salt is a mineral since it does come from mining.setting it as meat,the bannies would eat it instead of meats.other problem will be the storage at the salting house. it will fill with meat and have no room for salt that was also meat.this will confuse the workplaces.if a blacksmith is set near the salt house, it will use iron ore for tools.if you are getting an over production  of ores,try producing and trading more processed metals.i have coal that stores with logs in the log depot.i increase my coal trading and this works to use up that coal.

do you assign a worker to the textile cart or market? he should move coats out and more textiles in.plus the bannies or trade workers should be pulling out the coats. this sounds like a problem with using limits.too much output and it can't go anywhere will have all kinds of barns filling up.

the fodder and flowers and fertilizer were under 1 limit flag originally.this led to a problem. the fodder would hit the limit.now no more fertilizer can be made. if you had water set the same, then you would have the same issue. 1 would trigger the limit and stop all other production.this defeats the use of the limits.
     say you have all materials under 1 limit.this including logs,firewood,and all construction materials.now when the bannies clear land,they leave the logs since they hit tghe limit.however by having everything under 1 flag,as firewood is taken for houses you run into a problem.there is no room for firewood since the logs in the cleared land area will take the place.middle of winter.there will be no firewood cut but plenty of logs. varrrying the limits helps stop these type issues from happning.it is better than it was before the 1.07 upgrade. we use limits to control many things. keep the luxury limit down so not all our food is turned to ale or cider. increase the clothing limit over time so we have extra coats to trade.keep it set low in the beginning so we have more workers clearing land.

littlelamb

Quote from: brads3 on November 10, 2018, 05:36:41 PM
how much does the hunting season mod help? that would be useful info for other players.

it is all about the options. clothing can be made from several products.yes leather is low,but you also have furs. when i had the 1.04 version of the pine mod ,i had too many pelts and furs.swapped to the 1.05,and the balance is much better.map i am now i went to KID's flax garden from his ww addition,the ghost down.using the worklpace tailor,i coud make linen coats. with trappers from the pine mod bringing in pelts,a furrier tailor makes pelt coats also. options so you can work with whatever the game or map throws at you.

firewood is harder or takes more time to cut.1 trick is to use KID's FO thatch mod above the RK.now i have no excess fodder as the houses burn it.fodder and thatch interchange.you have the fodder texture but the use is that of thatch. i have a good system of sawmills and log depots moving logs to them. i am still breaking even on firewood. at about 70% educated.

age mods you have the 1:1 with many options. check the changelog on this. https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/27-one-year-is-one-year-Update-26-17091434

you can also try the propertime mod from KID.  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1930.0;attach=21303

Thanks for replying.

I have taken CC out for the time being. Red's marvellous mod is at the very top of my mod list. Under that are in this order. Horse and wagon, I see fire and Debug at the bottom

I have been playing for four hours and have be offered for purchase, 3 types of Cattle, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, 2 types of Chickens, Lama, Bison and Deer. but not once has Ducks been offered. I now have the game speed set to ten to see if I can get ducks. All very strange. 

The butcher is working well.

donwolfkonecny

Thanks brad. That flips it around and helps me see the problems. In particular, if salt was a food, then food would clog where I wanted salt. So I see how it can create the opposite problems. Also they would eat salt, which while technically possible, probably isn't healthy, and wouldn't actually give any food value IRL.
I didn't imagine meat as inedible, they can eat it In the beginning I would only have one storehouse and they could eat anything in it. Later I would have food processors and they could still anything, but I would build markets further out that wouldn't pull the raw meat away from the processors. But maybe as you say they can't easily be separated. Can things have multiple flags that you are talking about? Or is something just one flag. Because maybe it could be like food AND mineral or something weird like that, just to be able to separate it out. Somehow there are log carts just for logs, and firewood carts, so somehow they get identified.

I'll have to try your amp because I like the idea of something being useful instead of only visual/trade. Where do I get that.

Also, did you say there's something to use thatch as fuel, how do I do that?
Thank you!

embx61

Things can just have one flag I believe.
Never tried it but even if assigning two flags to 1 resource is possible it would create problems as limits are part of the flags.

Edible is a special kind of flag. It can have as up to four sub flags with it.
Like Edible | Protein for example which says it is a edible food with the protein sub flag.

When Luke made the example Apiary the honey which came with it had all the four sub flags assigned to it.
Others, just as I, thought it was way to overpowered as bannies need all four sub groups for health and so eating honey alone would fulfill that so many modded three sub groups out.

And here comes in another issue which can happen.
1 modder has Honey as grain, but I have seen it being a fruit too.
This is not a major deal but there is also some who want to makes things harder and some who rather make things easy.
So take honey as example. Some maybe say create 30 to 40 out of a cycle while other modders think 30/40 I find too easy and do like 20 to 30.

Because we mostly share the raw material files the one which is on top of all others in the mod list wins and those values get used for all mods which uses honey.
The only way to avoid this is to make your own honey by using a different file name but then players can end up with 5 different or even more honey's in the overview windows.

Some modders have taken this approach but they clearly state their mods should not be used with all kind of other mods together, beside some mods they see as not having an impact of values and flags.

Tom Sawyer's The North Mod is a good example of such a mod. Sure it can be run with other mods but be prepared for weird things, strange flags because Tom changed some flags too to fit his mod, and different values intended by Tom as he visualize his mod to be played.

Again, no right and wrong here in each approach. But hopefully it shed a bit of light and shows that modding is not as easy as it maybe look in that regard because we as modders also have our own set of values and rules we see as the ones we find the good ones for our mods.
If we would make about everything compatible with all other mods out there our own values and rules will be blurred.

So in a nutshell, the more mods are used together, the more issues can arise from weird storage behavior, to weird values, strange looking flags/limits, and so on.
Two players with the exact same mods activated but each in a different mod order can have different production values for example.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Hi all, I suggest that these discussions be moved to a thread under General Discussions category or requests unless they pertain specifically to RKEd mod.  General Discussion category may already contain threads with many answers. Anyone looking for information on Red's Editor Choice mod itself has a lot of unrelated information to wade through here.  Thank you.

Also Tips & Tricks category has a lot of helpful information

RedKetchup

Quote from: tuggistar on November 10, 2018, 04:24:57 PM
Redketchup can make the animals on the map appeared more. And then I constantly do not have enough materials from the hunter for the production of clothing. Mods Hunting Season 3.0 can be put on top of the list or not.
The animals are very beautiful, but the tailors are constantly almost sitting around and as a result I have very little firewood. Or anyone advise how to solve this problem medium and high difficulte.

And somebody advise, which mod (one year is one year) can be started for acquaintance. I looked them now there are a few now. Someone advise what is better.

i can ... but....
i am scared that will trigger alot more lag to the game. because when they all start to move , it impacts the computers.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: littlelamb on November 10, 2018, 05:25:42 PM
Thanks for the advice brads3, Does adding building have any other effect on the game besides giving more buildings. I ask because at present I am having a problem getting RK's ducks to show properly in the pasture.

I have taken out all mods except Iseefire, Horse and Wagon , and Debug. I have started a new game and am now waiting for a delivery of ducks. I was playing with CC Journey and have also taken that mod out.

Do you know if Redketchup"s butcher will work with the vainly game.

I have placed specific covered stock piles near the appropriate buildings and it is helping.

as i said earlier, there are 2 ducks. CC ducks and RK ducks. they are not the same at all. the CC ducks are 99% flying over ground but making levitation. they wings arent flapping at all.
mine they are on the ground and they dont fly at all.

and as you said, i personally cannot figure out of which ducks you were talking.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 10, 2018, 06:24:16 PM

I disagree with the categories in Banish, can we repurpose them?

it would become a totall mess about everything, with all other mods already made. you have your ideas, and i have mine, and all other person, they have all their point of view.
the best for your idea, is download the toolkit, and start to repurpose everything :) because i cannot do that, there will be 10,000 s of people who will be angry at me.
that way, you will plenty satisfied :)

brads3

RED are we overhunting the maps again? that used to happen way long ago but LUKE fixed it.could it have been retriggered somehow with adding the new animals? there do seem to be less herds and with less animals after many years than the start of maps.

RedKetchup

bah i did allowed a kill per month instead of a kill per 2 month. maybe it has something to do with the lack of animals in late part of the game :P