News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Lite question

Started by Jewelz, June 18, 2020, 04:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

Hello Banniefans!

Did RKEC Lite have the terrains without all the overhaul? ( I can't seem to find a link to lite in that 27 page thread!  ???)

I love Fresh Spring Valley. It has the perfect amount of hills and mountains and cute little valleys. I want the Vanilla wood houses and stone houses, though, for what I have in mind.

I wanted to try that Natural Diversity mod you all talk about, but it doesn't appear to have an effect on terrains. What exactly does it do? I read the description, but I'm still a little confused.

brads3

the Lite version should have the terrains. from my understanding the file won't b much smaller as there are sopme houses not added.

the nat div mod adds a grass texture. all the gatherable plants were redone to have better graphics.the grass has a grass texture where as RED's fodder has a tall grass.  there is a give and take to this. if you load the nat div above the RKEC,you get the lower grass instead of fodder and flowers. there will b no flowers. if you chose a start setting that gives you the thatch grass,you give up other things as well.no wild animals,will have deer only.so it is a huge give and take between the 2 mods. i actually prefered the thatch grass since it is shorter and easier to see when placing pieces.the ND mod gives more open grass spaces at game start as well.

as for usage of the thatch. thatch is used as a firewood,required to build some vanilla buildings.it was put to more use in the nat div 2,however very few computers would allow the ND 2 to function without major slowdowns. this became the problem of improving graphics.you can add the ND below the RK. the thatch hut will plant the thatch grass in a meadow like a forester plants trees.this is your best bet to take a look at the mod.

KID made the Forest Outpost with a ND version. these houses use thatch or fodder in building and to burn as firewood. using the FO ND above the RK,will alter many other houses to burn the grass as firewood.

RED took the files for the ND mod and implemented them into the RKEC. many of the plants are the same as the ND version.he also added more berries and others.KID has some mods that uses the grass concept as well.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=545

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=297

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=269

Jewelz

Thanks so much, Brad, for the link. I searched for almost an hour  yesterday.

BUT, it appears that even the lite version overhauled the vanilla wood and stone houses, so that won't work. I'll play around with Forest Outpost and Natural diversity and see how that looks.

Jewelz

Do I need another mod called "New Flora" to go with Natural Diversity? or are they one in the same?

brads3

you don't need the Flora for the Nat Div. Flora adds different items. many of which are similar to what RED has already added. TANDY's FLORA does have different buildings. KID's mods to read the flora items.he has done that and they will show in the gathering menus of his mods

i did a chart somewhere for all the items we can add to maps.. ity is a few years old but should be accurate. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2568.0

i didn't do the chart by mod since they can be affected by mod order.1 issue is the more you add the more glitches you can create. not that they don't all work always but the items don't show in menus,not all interchange and are collected,the flax as you know is different.;l another thing is the outputs can be smaller as we keep increasing the variety of items.in other words you might get less blueberries since you are collecting more types of berries.

we have many options now. it comes down to what each player wants their maps to have or produce.you have to find what works for you within the game's give and take limits.for example-i have my mod order set to give KID's wilder looking bison but i get less venison and more bison on the map. the game adjusted the animal spawn counts to KID's prairie maps.i still have RED's animals but in less numbers.

somewhere in my many map blogs there should be a map with the Nat Div. back a couple years before the RKEC.

Jewelz