News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

VegValeIV: My attempts at Vegan Valey

Started by Mmdrgtobldrgn, January 14, 2015, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mmdrgtobldrgn

As the name implies this is my 4th attempt on the challenge, although not because my first attempt has failed it's doing okay .... I just don't like it's layout or map all that much. Additionally I have some ideas I want to test which are harder to test in a pre-established town.

Pics top - bottom: Spring Year 1 getting established, basic start; by winter all the villagers are housed and additional buildings are marked out; 1st trader showed up I managed to get 240 cabbage from them, which oddly was all they had to trade; everything's fairly stable just waiting on the students to graduate into the labor pool.

I'll have to remember to take a few more pics tomorrow, as the town has grown a fair bit since the last pic. I've managed to trade for pear seeds and have one fledgling orchard started.
~ Mama Dragon
Mother, Grandmother, Gamer, always Myself

Nilla

Go on, I would like to see the development of this settlement.

May I have a small suggestion?

When you want to show what you have built, wait for good wheather until you make your screenshots. It's much easier and nicer to see without rain or snow. I often make the same mistake, too.

Mmdrgtobldrgn

Quote from: Nilla on January 15, 2015, 03:27:32 AM
Go on, I would like to see the development of this settlement.

May I have a small suggestion?

When you want to show what you have built, wait for good wheather until you make your screenshots. It's much easier and nicer to see without rain or snow. I often make the same mistake, too.

Thanks at one point I was aiming for 1 pic per season, before I decided that was a bit much.

Two of my starting strategies that I changed, were: 1st no tailor building and not placing one until I trade for leather or wool; 2nd I didn't build the storage barn until the 2nd year. Usually the storage barn is my 2nd build right after a gatherers hut.

I'm looking at a probability of needing a mine soon, this map doesn't seem to be yielding very much surface iron, stone yes iron no. :p
~ Mama Dragon
Mother, Grandmother, Gamer, always Myself

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

technically you can not to wear clothes of wool or leather ( not even buy it).
you have two choices:
- without mod let the citizens consume the clothes departure and then go more often at home to warm up. - - with mod CC: EA cultivate cotton and linen and produce clothes with these two materials.
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!