News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Better Stock Pile Storage v1.2.1 (updated 21 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, April 23, 2017, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Better Stock Pile Storage
v1.2.1
21 Dec 2017
minor update to fix incorrect or missing icons and mod name.

New update, increases the storage size to 300 capacity by weight.
Updates the DS menu for compatibility with latest DS mods.

an (expanded) request by Abandoned, which adds the option to build specialized storage of the piles from the Better Stock Piles mod as standalone piles.

Construct Options:
Log Storage Pile
     -- 1x1 . 3x F-key variants . free to build . 300 capacity
Stone Storage Pile
Iron Storage Pile
Coal Storage Pile
Firewood Storage Pile

They are free to build, but not decorative. they come with the footprint (1x1), and must be built on vacant land.
Demolish with the 'Remove Buildings' tool.

Download:

- Download from the 'Downloads/Mods - 1.0.7' page (here)the latest version
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of  the .zip file
- Place the .pkm file inside your 'Banished/WinData' folder.
- Enable the mod in the mod screen list on main & pause screen menus.
- Place anywhere in mod list.

Stringtable download:
used by translation modders.
BSPSStringTable.rsc

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

hehe nice a variant !!!
hehe

but better looking than mine :)
Good Job :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Thank you so much @Discrepancy , those are absolutely fantastic and will look wonderful placed next to a house or blacksmith.

@RedKetchup your firewood storage unit is just as good and inspired idea for these, so thank you too. :)

TheOtherMicheal

You know, at first I didn't think I would really use this mod, I have too many mods in use already so I figured this was one I didn't really need to have.
However...
After using the Better Stock Piles mod for the first time and seeing the logs after labourers cut down trees I have completely changed my mind, that mod and this one are great! The wood and the stone piles are so much nicer than the blocky vanilla ones, the other piles are great too but those two really stand out. Great job Discrepancy  ;D

QueryEverything

Hi @Discrepancy I was wondering with this mod, does it affect the size of the stockpiles at all?
I've tried to find the culprit and I can't, but as this is an override, I was wondering if it could alter the size?

Your DSSV stockpiles can go from 1x1 to 30x30, is it possible to have these stockpiles also do that?

For some strange reason my specialized stockpiles are now only 1x10 or 10x10 and it's driving me batty :) 
I like to do a row of 1x30 in forestry areas, like a conveyor belt :)

In the meantime I'll see if I can find the culprit, but for now, can you please think about the change?

Thank you :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

I don't think it can't be this mod. This mod is just the build-able 1x1 storage piles - so they are just like a storage barn building. It doesn't include or reference a stockyard template file.

The other mod... with a similar name 'Better Stock Piles' is an override, but it is only overriding the rawmaterial models & textures. even the rawmaterial template file is only containing the ModelDescription model part of code so should not be altering anything else of them apart from the visible appearance.

I can't see how this mod could be the culprit, so I have nothing to change... or do I?  :)

Abandoned

@Discrepancy , nothing to change, looks great, works great  :)

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy I didn't think it was your mods, but it was the most recent I added which then coincided with me seeing the 'short fall', but ...  I have been prompted in another direction to investigate, and since found the issue - which is not this mod, nor the other one (below), it was just ...  well, me & sick, lol.

No you are right, nothing to change with this mod (though, you can check the note below ;) ) - I just wasn't sure if there was "something under the hood", about the size guide, given that your other stock piles do the 1x30, I had wondered 'aloud' about it, if you had used any of the same code.

No excuse really, but bad headcold (moving in to my chest) = spacecadet with memory issues ;) ; I was in your wrong thread, should've been in the other: "Better Stock Piles v1.1 (updated 15 April 2017)", http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=267 ... 

So ...  moving along, haha ... 

As a side note:  I really like these small ones, I went to use them with the new Mining mod, then remembered they couldn't be placed around the mods, because they can't go on the road tiles, so had to use the 'fake ones', which is a shame really that they couldn't be used at the mines, they are the perfect companion!!!  :D
*hintCoughhint*

Spacecadet ... out ;)