Started by embx61, October 25, 2018, 06:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

28rommel

I'm looking for a standard water well (just like the one that comes with the base game), but without the roads that surround the Well. The Well in the base game takes a 3x3 amount of cells on the map. Does this mod give us a Well that just occupies one cell of space?

PS: I'm new here and not sure if I am searching properly (or in the right place) to find such a well. If you know where I can find such an asset, can someone post a direct link, for me to go to. Thank you everyone.

brads3

KID has several mods with wells as decorations. other mods sets have them as well both to give water and as decorations. you should go thru the download section, both the 1.07 and the oder section for ideas.

Abandoned

@28rommel , wells in Kid's mods are either water wells for putting out fires or they will attract nomads.  There are 3 stand alone water wells in Kid's New Wells mod, I especially like the old-fashioned pump:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=414

28rommel

Oh wow. What quick responses from the Banished community.
It looks like the direct link that JM gave me in the post above, is the exact asset I am looking for.
I will also look at the other alternatives that some of you provided.
Thank you to everyone who responded. You guys/gals are great!
:)

28rommel

Another question (a concern, actually) ...

The link provided above in MB's post ( https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/33-Small-Well ), is the exact mod(asset) for the Well that I need.
This mod was created in Sept 2014 (as indicated in the mod notes).
Somewhere I remember reading the Patch Notes where the creator of the game, updated the Well to be more powerful/efficient in fighting fires. What I am not sure, is if the "game coding" in the Patch for this "stronger fire-fighting ability" is directly attached to the Well (asset), or is it just in the overall game coding.

What I am trying to say is this ...
If I use this mod/asset that looks to have been created before the official Patch was released, will it have the "stronger fire-fighting ability," or will it have the older (pre-Patch) and less-efficient fire-fighting ability?
Now I fear using it, because of this concern.
Can someone with better knowledge of mods (programming, etc) shine some light on my uneasiness with this mod.

(PS: I don't know much about game coding/programming. So I'm only speculating, and I'm sorry if this sounds naïve to those who are pros at this kind of work.)

brads3

in theory if the patch is above the mod it should affect and fix the well. much depends on how terms are worded inside the coding. i would definetly try it. in your case, i would keep the well patch close to the top of my mod order. it might affect some and not all wells. at least with it above them, it might help.

kid1293

The well code is in the game files. We only provide a model.
Any well added to the game will work independently of version.
Long ago the AI for the well wasn't so good but it is nothing you
have to worry about.

28rommel

OK. Thank you for the responses.
If anyone else has some advise/opinion, please post.
:)