News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing the spring version of the North6 together with DS jetties

Started by Nilla, May 02, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

when i set the mod order up,i debug test it to check for blank flags at the townhall and trade post. then i enable the NORTH and run it. the test can show conflicts and what items might either be missing or double tagged.since i can't debug test with the NORTH,the test isn't foolproof.i can say i have 3 blank tags,white mulberry,fodder,and 1 unknown.the double tags i do have are from the pine mod,maple sap,eggs,flax. those have always been that way. in playing i haven't seen a major issue yet.

i did have a crash on the last map that i couldn't determiine why. there were 2 boats on the river that had already left the trading posts.so it shouldnt have been a boat coming onto the map.when i checked the bannies,i found a gatherer picking up something.he had been in that spot for a while.would be quite odd for that to be the issue.1 boat looked to be less than 10 spaces from disappearing off the map.nothing on the map was happening different or new to pinpoint what caused the error.i made very little adjustments to the mod order after.so there may be an error in the calculations i can't see still.
            considering the way i have this set up,i am surprised the game lets the mods interact as well. the CC version being a 1.06,i thought the brick and glass chains would have more issues.i did use the CC shorehouse to produce clay and the clay was used to build the nordic trade dock.from experience that is a shock.the CC glass factory would not store RK sand.i actually thought the glass factory was causing the error.i stopped work and set it to destroy.without a worker,the game still crashed. i did debug test and found issues that fixed the salt. not tested yet with the north enabled.

the custom 0,utesils/crafted, is usually used for end of chain trade out items. i see no issues with it being used for wheel barrows or wagon wheels. extra items under that flag won't cause any issues. salt as custom 1,forged, is odd. most have it under mineral.so far it is stored as such in piles.if this is working and the other mods can use the salt,the i wonder if this is a good flag for your lumber.as long as the game still used the lumber back and forth between mods,it might be a good fit. custom 2,fabrics,i never understood the need for that.fabrics could have been set under textiles and this flag could be used somewhere else.you did that  with glass splitting it from the construction flag. i don't understand why you split the "precious" items into 3 flags,but haven't seen it cause an issue.most of what you have set is the same as the other modders.
         i agree with you that there should have been a better discussion when the flags came out. more modders should have had input to how they could be used.some of them are easy to confuse. some things fit under 2 flags. like clay or sand under raw material or mineral?

my main question is how does a building decide to store an item to use it?does the building read the item say clay as clay or as the flag and item both? does a salt house need to know salt as mineral or just salt?   i know not all items are the same. we had charcoal that wouldn't work as charcoal between the pine and CC mods.same name but 2 different items to the game.NECORA did fix that 1.we still have eggs and eggs.his eggs are found from bird nests but can't be used to make the dock chicken hut. that is why i am very surprised how much does  work now.

Nilla

You're right @brads3, a better discussion from the beginning would have been good. A modder can go 2 ways; follow the flags, that were settled, even if they don't fit his mods or make his own, and take the compatibility problems. I've always found, that you've made the right decision @Tom Sawyer, to go your own way. Not everything need to be compatible with everything else. I can choose mods. I don't need them all at the same time. And this way; @brads3 has his fun!  ;)

I do understand how difficult it is to set the right "flags". Often an improvement of one aspect, gives trouble somewhere else. We can take one change since the latest version; iron bloom. It used to belong in one flag together with iron. I've noticed the change a long time, but haven't said anything about it. Simply because I don't know yet, if I like the change or not.

Of course it's good to have a working limit for iron only. It's a quite important limit, that works far better now without iron bloom. But the disadvantage is, that iron bloom has to be put somewhere else, and it looks like you've "hidden" it as food, @Tom Sawyer.  It doesn't disturb any food limit. That's not the point, but it's stored everywhere where food is; in many barns and markets but not in the Warehouse, where I would want it. I even found some at the specialized Jetty Food Market. Of course this makes the production of iron less efficient. You can say, that it could be found in many barns before as well. That's right, but most of it stayed in barns close to where it was produced. Now vendors use to get it and there's seldom anything at all in the close barns. (Maybe you have excluded it from your Nordic markets @Tom Sawyer, I have never seen any in the one Lanthandel I have, but on the other hand, it is located close to the blacksmiths, so it would be used fast and before the bloom from the Wagon Vendors and Jetty Food Market far away).

I have also seen, that these "utensils" are stored in the Warehouse. I can only see one purpose; a possibility to "drag" lampoil to the mines. But you don't need much lampoil, so I find the disadvantage bigger than the advantage. I would rather prefere iron ore and iron bloom in the Warehouse.

Speaking about lamp oil: is the Farmer's Workplace the only place, you can produce it? I don't really mind. It works good, but it's harder to find a good looking location for the workplace with the red houses. It isn't a stand alone building.

brads3

hmmmm, iron bloom to me is iron ore and is mineral.stores in piles or the pine material shed.if my memory is right it can store in 1.06 markets,specifically Slinks industrial market or the nordic wharehouse. i wish the iron bloomery would work and make iron from iron ore.i actually need iron to build a foundry to process it. 1 of the buildings that won't work with this crazy mod order.
       most of your points is storage issues.some items we want scattered around like tools,herbs,and clothing,etc.many we want to control better.i think we need barns for laborers to drop stuff into.and then we can use the markets from RED or EB to pull the items to a production area.in the newer CC versions,they had some options. there were cellars,very handy for adding storage to a workplace, and small barns.they did help for some specific flags. to me it makes sence to have a small shed even for the workers to drop stuff into.placed near the iron foundry,brick maker, or glass factory would keep the items there until needed.when you need it somewhere,you can use a market to move it.  DS's old industry market square was handy for that . it would move and store items to be processed without moving everything else.
       to me the market system to the game is wrong.if you place a market near those production buildings,it will fill to a certain amount.controlled by %. once it hits the storage item limit of the market,the vendor then moves excess. this is the issue, he moves it to where? i have seen some markets work together and move goods between the 2.normally thou,i think they move it to a barn or pile within a set distance.this scatters the items.doesn't seem to be a way to make a chain of markets to move items across a map. maybe someday we understand them and can be able to do that better.

i wish all markets used the "super vendor" trick. seems to be something LUKE coded. a vendor would supply workplaces. a wood cutter would have a small pile for logs and the vendor would drop logs into it.a tailor would have a shed for textiles and a vendor would keep it filled.this would help productivity. it would also help stop the scattering that affects your playstyle also. there is so much to these markets in the coding that even the modders can't see or don't quite understand. i think LUKE has more hiden away.

Discrepancy

@Nilla , if you are using the Industry Mining in the North mod, there are 2 buildings where Lamp Oil can be made: Press Shed & Industry Oil Kiln

Nilla

Oh yes, thank you @Discrepancy. Didn't think of them. I wanted to add that mod, when the settlement is a bit bigger, anyway.

A lot of talking about flagging lately. Now I want to talk about this game. The happiness system works. I have decided, that I will try to keep 5 stars over all. It works mostly and I think it pays off. Maybe not quite as extreme as I try to run this game. (I try to have all houses in the happiness circles). A few people still have the unexplainable 3 stars, even if the rest of the family have 5. It's also interesting to see; they don't need much alcohol, even with a larger population. I need less now than at the beginning. It somehow looks like the fact, that there's an inn with alcohol, makes them stay happy, also without drinking it. I still have to laugh over the innkeeper. Normally, I don't occupy any. And since they need so little alcohol, I only import it. (Last year 180 people used 44 alcohol). I had some in my stores, so I let innkeepers work in both inns and watched them carefully. First they fetched it from the store, then they both went to the inn of the other and stole 100 ale each. They went on this way until I unemployed them.  :D

I still have some difficulties to get enough food variety. The merchants don't bring much vegetables and I'm still experimenting with orders/no orders. You know, how stingy I am, so I will avoid ordering fees. This settlement produces a lot of smoked fish and meat. That's the main export. I also sell furs and cheese, some lamp oil and glassware and very little herbs, wool coats and steel tools. I buy grain and vegetables (partly ordered). I also buy salt, sugar, some alcohol, hides and leather without order. Salt so far only to produce cheese, sugar because I want to "stretch" the berries. I don't pick enough to support the population with fruit all year and it's cheaper, to buy sugar and produce jam, than to buy expensive fruit. But I think, I will soon start to buy a little extra fruit as well. I don't produce quite enough leather to support everyone with a warm coat. I have more meat and milk, than I need, so I don't want to build more pastures. I'm sure, that warm coats pay off in a harsh climate. I could make fur coats but I think it's better to sell fur and buy the cheaper leather or hides.

I am also thinking about how to make at least some autotrading. We have discussed this before and I find it harder in a Nordic game than vanilla. But I will make a try. I think you have to separate buying and selling more than I do now, to succeed. And for that I will need a few more ports. I have also noticed, that the same merchants, that arrive to the small dock comes to the now very well working jetty port, but I haven't built any food ports yet. I have an idea, to autotrade for food in such ports and have a few big ports, to sell for coins and to buy other things than food manually. I'll let you know how it works.

I have some notes with production numbers, but I want some more, before I write about it. Generally I find the production on the jetty low (except fish and water), and the production of smoked fish and meat high. I will give you some numbers the next time.

First picture

It's really not a nice picture but it shows the funny innkeeper, carrying stolen ale between the inns.

I also show my inventory. There's a lot of fish and meat! Too much! You can see, that I've ordered beans, but when I do, there's often not enough grain. It's June and the berries are all consumed, there's not even some jam left. I think last year was very cold, with a small harvest of blueberries. Good years there use to be some jam left this time of the year. But as I said; I will start to buy some extra fruit soon.

The over all look of the settlement isn't very pleasing; somehow too crowded and without structure. First I have no talent in building nice, I guess, that's the main thing. I don't want the houses directly "at" eachother, but still need everything close to use same "happiness buildings". It hasn't turned out very well.  :-\

Second picture

The overview of the jetties isn't much different; too crowded to make the nice looking buildings justice.  :-[ But at least (more or less) everyone is happy! :)

Third picture

Only if I look at a small part of the settlement, I can find, that it looks good. Not thanks to me; thanks to the modders, who make such nice looking buildings. :)
I'm pretty sure, that some of you guys could do this even nicer, by placing the buildings differently and replacing some trees with decorations of other kind, but first; if I try, I normally over decorate and it looks stupid and second, I wanted the houses in the forest, I want them like this and not all in a rows, along a street. That's the way I build.  :-\

brads3

your inn keepers could be helpful.if you made ale on 1 side of the map would they work to move it between them completely across the map? thinking like they are alcohol markets.would be helpful for markets to do that . if only the bannies would co-operate and balance the goods.

does the health affect happiness? if you ran low on fruit and health dropped some ,would the happiness drop also?

Nilla

I haven't produced any ale yet, but I guess, if I did in one of the inns, the innkeeper from the other inn would steal it all, while the other was busy producing. (Only guessing haven't tested.) And I would not like the markets to be this way. The same goods would go from one market to the next, round and round. Goods in far away barns would never be touched.

I don't think, that the happiness gets down, when the health drops. I think they are totally independent from eachother.

Tom Sawyer

Maybe you find some of your pictures not looking nice because you made them in rain and fog. Your sweet DS jetty shores you always catch in perfect sunlight...  ;D

The scattered iron bloom I have fixed. Tried it together with ore as @brads3 suggested and it seems to be a better solution. It's perfectly hidden there. In game it looks like they pick up some ore, do their job and put the bloom stuff back on this pile when picking up new material. Market vendors completely ignore it now.

For the fighting innkeepers I don't have a good solution yet.

I'm interested in your trial to find a setup for auto-trading. What purchase option you use or would like to have.

Another question is what of the current nordic buildings you would expect to be build from lumber instead of logs. If I include this idea. Generally asked, not only @Nilla.

Nilla

This is not an easy game. I really don't know how I will go on with it. So far, I have had some minor problems getting a good food diversity, but finally with the new food trading port, I get enough vegetables and grain. I've also started to buy some fruit. So the problem with a bad food diversity could have been gone if..........

......I would have had enough to sell.  :-\

This is of course my own fault. From the beginning until lately, I've had more export goods, than I could possibly use in my 3 ports. Recently my stores were over full with smoked fish and meat. A few years ago I only produced a little less food, than I consumed and since I buy food, it was OK. Obviously, I haven't paid enough attention and expanded the production the way you have to in Banished and suddenly, there's no more smoked meat/fish left in my store. I need to buy 15 000-20 000 food each year and I don't produce enough, to buy that much. There's no crisis yet. As usual my stores are well filled, but not for many years, unless I do something.

What can I do? I don't smoke all meat and fish I produce and to increase the production of fish is fast and easy done on a map like this. So, theoretically I could increase the production of smoked fish........ if it wasn't for the firewood. This is a lake map, there's no good location for another forester. I already cut some spare wood, partly with the new wood cutter, partly manually and I've built some drift wood collectors on the jetty, but the production isn't very high ( NO COMPLAINS, I do like it that way! :) ). So this possibility is limited. I've started to produce a surplus of steel tools, but it takes time to get enough. I could import more salt/add a mod with salt production and salt meat and fish instead of smoking it. Maybe it could have worked, if I had started this earlier but now I don't have enough to sell to buy salt. But maybe, if I product the salt myself. I can increase the food production. But except fishing the food producers on the jetty don't produce much. Start farming now? No, I don't want that. So, I really don't know what to do! ???

I LOVE THIS GAME, WITH THESE MODS! Again: Thank you @Tom Sawyer and @Discrepancy! :)

To your last post @Tom Sawyer:
(By the way; I see that you've emigrated. Hæ, góðan dag.) ;)

Certainly iron bloom is better off together with iron ore, than as it is now. But is it better there, than together with iron, as it was before? No matter where it is, it disturbs an active use of one limit. I don't know, what is better a good working limit for ore or iron?

To the innkeeper. Isn't it possible to set a limit, on how much alcohol could be stored in one inn? It wouldn't change anything, if you're short on alcohol, but at least, they would leave the alcohol from other innkeepers, if they had enough themselves.

I haven't made much autotrading, yet. The low price of some food have stopped me. It feels like cheating to buy potatoes and corn for 1 (maybe this could save me at the moment but I don't want my problems to be solved that way). My idea was to start autotrading with food in the food port and primary pay with the coins, I get from trading manually in the big ports (I've built a second one). If the merchants who come to the small docks, would have brought more vegetables, I could have tried to use them to buy food in autotrade, but I think, that I would need too many of them to get enough, that I guess it wouldn't make much sense. But maybe I'll try it anyway.

I'll think about lumber/logs. Short answer without much thinking. Early "viking buildings" only logs. Later industrial buildings only lumber. Unless it's something very special, I can't understand why some buildings need both logs (whole unprepared part of a tree) and sawed lumber. Either you cut the wood you need yourself from a log or you buy it, in different qualities from a saw mill. It looks like some modders mean, that what you call "Bretter" is lumber and what you call "Träger oder Balken" is logs. Maybe it is that way somewhere. We call all qualities from a saw mill "virke", I think you say "Holz" or "Bauholz" in a similar way.

Picture

The overall picture isn't that pleasing in sunshine either.  :-\

Look at the production. Not sure how I can get out of this.  :-[

brads3

am i confused or did i confuse TOM?  in my set ups,i don't have bloom. i have iron ore instead. do you have both iron ore and bloom? i always think bloom is iron ore but with a different name. i do agree with it being under "mineral" or "ores" limit flag. later in game when this flag is used for other items more,the iron processing would keep the iron ore controlled.

i agree with NILLA on the lumber.there are buildings that are needed earlier in games that we wish didn't use it. an early game townhall or tavern,or trading post option. there are many mod options to solve those issues. nicer "city looking buildings work better with lumber,glass,or brick.

i do like the NORTH trading systems.i think it brings a realistic challenge. 1 of those things i wish i had more experience with. i wish it could be used outside the North with other mods or games. i have seen some seed prices change. some prices might be different but i haven't done enough trading to see if different merchants change their rates.
       Nilla ,i have a merchant who brings penning,and i always try to buy some. i figure sooner or later a boat might come that will need it to buy anything.it works to keep items moving to at the trade posts. whatever coin they trade, for i add to the TP inventory. that adds vakue to trade with without needing to increase inventory of items.

Nilla

I guess, you're the one confused. ;) In the North you have iron ore (picked on the ground or dug from mines with help from logs and lamp oil) from this ore and charcoal you make a second product; iron bloom in a small bloomery or in one of DS furnaces. From the iron bloom you then make iron with help from some more charcoal. 3 different products. In earlier versions iron bloom and iron were flagged together. Now iron bloom has become food ( :-\ ???) but Tom says, Herve changed to be flagged with ore to the next upgrade.

Yes coins are good. You save space in your trading ports. But you must start to collect daler (worth 100) and not penning worth 1. Penning are more to have "suitable change.

I'm not sure, that it would work, with the Nordic prices in a vanilla game. Since everything has such a different price, oft more expensive, the production numbers will give strange (very high/very low) profits.

brads3

my penning is valued at 10. haven't seen dalers to trade for yet. i have lots of "gem"  and deer merchants.both deer and reindeer.

Tom Sawyer

Yep, I'm from Iceland.. true Viking. You did not know?^^

To limit storage capacity of the tavern would not help but I found a way to calm them down. Innkeepers are now satisfied with 100 of a kind of alcohol in their house and go idling then. Technically they are not really satisfied and looking for another resource but will never find.. that's the trick.

Yesterday I made some round and rustic tables for the ale house and gave the campfire an idling point (without increasing happiness). It looks nice with people staying around the fire and can be an option for your lone trappers walking a long way for resting.

Tomorrow on Monday I want to release this update on Steam (before Spring is over). I'm already satisfied with our beta testing, bug fixings and adjustments. Then reworking the wiki and going on with model making. For now I don't have a convincing solution to make a flag free for lumber and will try when further developing the flags for a future update.

Nilla

Nice, that you've managed to calm down the innkeeper, @Tom Sawyer.  I was sure you would find something. :) Same as I'm confident, that you'll find a solution for flagging lumber in a better way. After all, at the moment, you don't have it in the North. You'll only need to struggle, with the one or other bad working limit, if you combine mods and if you do, you must live with minor inconvenience. (ask @brads, though I'm not so sure it's always minor problems) ;)

The campfire as idling spot sounds like a good idea.

I find too, that this update very well can be "put out of its beta". I have found no further bugs or "bad" values. Perhaps you can take a look at the merchant, who want to buy wood for coins. On this map, I can never sell anything to him. It would be different on a forest map, but after all, you offers this lake map and useless merchants are never nice. So combining wood with some other product, also available on lake maps, would be nice. (I primary think on fish, maybe only salted fish, since smoked fish is a bit more profitable). I'm not sure if it's possible, to give just one product and not a whole category a higher price, but I find it could be intersting. Maybe you also want to take a look at  the balancing of smoking and salting meat and fish. I've looked a bit at it, see further down. It works as it is, but maybe smoking is a little too easy and profitable, compared to salting.

To my game
I managed the crisis (I thought) I had last time. First it wasn't as bad as it looked. The half of the "missing food" wasn't missing at all, it came from stocking the ports. The rest was possible to catch up with, by making several smaller things; increasing food production by building another couple of fisher, a couple of apiaries and putting 2 worker in some jetty production sites. I`vie also increased the production of logs with another driftwood searcher and two more small woodchopper for logs out in the woods. So now I can produce more firewood, that can be used on different places; also to produce export goods. I've started to import more salt to salt some meat/fish instead of smoking. Enough logs will long term be a problem on this map. I must find other ways to trade, than with smoked meat and smoked fish.

I said I've made some notes about production numbers. Here are some:

First I want to say, that I've looked a bit more on the building costs on the jetty. My first impression, that they are high was wrong. Compared to the Nordic buildings it's not at all expensive to build on water. Maybe even too cheap. ???

Since I've started with the jetty buildings, I will talk about those production buildings I've built, so far.

Logs and firewood
I use the drift wood searcher and search for logs only and make firewood with choppers. 2 workers produce about 120 logs. That's reasonable, about the half of a forester. Two questions @Discrepancy; how much logs/firewood does one collector/searcher get totally? The menu says, that you can use it about 5 years. That would mean about 600 logs. Is firewood the same? The investment to build it is 346. Since the logs cost 12, it's OK, but I find it expensive to demolish; 2 tools and if you only have steel tools, like I have here, it's a cost of 160. The menu also says, that you need "minimum 2 workers". Could make sense, because one single man would have difficulties, to get the heavy wet logs out of the water. But as far as I can see, it also works with one.

The jetty chopper works miserably. I've demolished it. I can understand, that you dislike the huge vanilla profit of firewood and wanted to make some changes. But these changes are already made in another way the North: There's absolutely no profit to chop firewood. 1 log worth 12 gives 3 firewood worth 4. You only use chopper to get enough fuel and you want them to make a lot.

Fish

I think you use the vanilla values @Discrepancy, so a fisher can produce a lot, if it's good located. The location is very important, so the production varies much between the sites; (250-800 for one fisher). It's nice this way. 800 is too much, but it's not easy to get. I like these things, that add value to the game; to decide, do I leave a lot of free space around, to get a lot of fish, or do I settle with less, to build tighter. Are the close stores full? Where can the fisher live? Is he happy and healthy?.... Nice!

To dry the fish isn't very profitable. It does double the amount, but the productivity is low, an average of 400 for one worker. We mustn't forget, that the input is 200. That means a worker only makes 200 food. I find, that's too low. Even a very bad located fisher makes more. Maybe in vanilla you increase the value from 1 to 2 to make a trading product. (input 200, output 800 a profit of 600, OK in  vanilla) But in the North salmon is worth 2, the same as the dried fish. In the North people don't eat more than vanilla (unless you use Ironman) but the value of the food is higher. (protein 2, vegetables 3, grain 4, fruit 5). With a balanced diet; one Banni needs food of a value of 350, also clothes and tools are much more expensive, so I guess a person needs to produce at least 450 to support himself. (This would be about 150 in a vanilla game). If dried fish would be an export product, I find it should give a profit of at least 900 (the worker can support one child or laborer as well). And dried fish is an excellent export product, when you look historically. I think the reason the people in Bergen could build these nice houses, you've made for Banished @Discrepancy, is export of dried fish. :)

We can compare this with the smoked and salted fish in the North. I export a lot of it. I find it's OK, that it takes longer to dry fish, than to smoke or salt it. But the over all profit, could be at least in the same range.

The production of salter and smoker varies a lot. They need two input products and it's not easy to find really good locations for both. The Bannis also like to carry salt around and store small amounts on every possible place.  >:( I've seen up to 2500 smoked fish but also 1200, even with enough fish/meat and firewood in the store (just not close to that smoker). The average here on this map is about 1800. 24 fish and 1 firewood makes 30 smoked fish. (1,2 for each) It's a trade profit of over 2000. But since the input is high, the increase of food is not more than 400.

The salter shows similar annual production numbers, but makes 32 salted fish from 16 fish and 8 salt, so the profit is a bit less only 1 for each, but the increase in the amount of food higher. But you need to buy expensive salt. (I know you can't argue like this, but I'll do it anyway;) 16 fish is worth 32, 4 salt is also worth 32, you make 32 salted fish worth 3 each, so the whole business makes a profit of 32. Now you can buy 4 more salt! ;) :-[

Is smoking fish too profitable? I don't know. A profit of 2000 in the North is the same as a profit of something like 700 in vanilla: Most buildings for suitable export goods have higher profits. You can't speak of overpowered, if you can support 4-5 people, but maybe it could be made a little bit harder. In this game it would hurt, if you would need more firewood to smoke the fish. The salter also used less and cheaper salt from the beginning. I know, I suggested to increase both, but I find, it ought to be more profitable to salt fish, than to smoke or dry it.

This is already far too long. I'll take the other jetty buildings next time. So I´ll only show one winter impression in the snow.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for your notes to fish production. I checked my values and slowed down the smoking shed to limit the maximum profit. Now a salt cabin reaches a higher profit per year than a smoking shed. Taking 4 salt for 16 fish is ok I think. First, it's a realistic ratio I got from some researching and the profit is already high if you sell for good prices. As you write it's a profit of 32 for salting 16 fish from which you can buy 4 more salt or 8 additional grain or what you need and that's a lot. The formula is:

16 fish (worth 32) + 4 salt (worth 32) = 64 into 32 salted fish (worth 96). Profit = 32 * 100 (~ max turns in a year) = up to 3200 profit.

Of course it's a maximum and needs education as well as providing enough fish and salt. But one of the best trades you can make in the North. Even a fur trapper has a hard time to reach this. Doesn't need a buff in my opinion.

The formula for smoking is now as follows. The profit per fish is higher but it needs more raw fish with only 33% preserving instead of 100%. That's the main disadvantage of smoking compared to efficient but expensive salting:

24 fish (worth 48) + 1 firewood (worth 4) = 52 into 32 smoked fish (worth 96). Profit = 44 * 66 (new max turns in a year) = up to 2900 profit.