News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Question.

With the update of The North for Banished 1.07, would it be recommended to use the updated versions of the Recommended Mods on your main page instead of the older versions you link to?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

@Hawk. I have kept all overwriting files for old recommended mods. So they work. New versions may work but they are not tested yet. I don't have a good overview of 1.0.7 mods. Some were split in parts or have different versions and some include code for flags and trading posts which can make problems. I have to go through the download section and to test them. Here is my current compatible mod list. It has to be continued.

Today I uploaded a bug fix for the bank including a reworked action tool set. Now they work with professions again but in a way you don't need to add workers or to fumble at the profession list. If a hunter is assigned to a campfire and you place a hunting spot then he will leave the fire to go hunting there automatically and if you quit he will return to roast his prey. It works with hunting cabins as well. The manual spot always has a priority. Some nice plays with hunters can be made this way. These tools got back a proper statistics and other professions are not confused anymore. If you play this I recommend to start a new game because it can be incompatible with a developed map.

The "new economy" really had a rocky start.^^

Hawk

Thanks for that Tom. Greatly appreciated.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

I HAVE discovered a glitch.....Tom, you said once you put a clay pit down, you can't remove it even after it's depleted.

Yes, you can. I have found that after they deplete the pit, I can erase it, use the flatten tool to flatten the ground, and place another clay pit onto the same spot, and they will dig again. This can be done over and over. 

FYI. Great mod tho, I am liking it :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Turis

Quote from: twilightbreeze on December 13, 2017, 03:50:14 PM
I HAVE discovered a glitch.....Tom, you said once you put a clay pit down, you can't remove it even after it's depleted.

Yes, you can. I have found that after they deplete the pit, I can erase it, use the flatten tool to flatten the ground, and place another clay pit onto the same spot, and they will dig again. This can be done over and over. 

FYI. Great mod tho, I am liking it :)
Isn't the flatten tool a mod?

brads3

shhhhh that trick works for KID's tiny stone quarry. why you teeling all our secrets

Tom Sawyer

It's not a glitch, it's a cheat.^^ What tool are you using? I tried the Flatten Terrain Tool by Gimmecat but doesn't work.

Settler

Hi Tom,

First of all, thank you for this great mod! I hadn't tried it before, and I'm really enjoying it. Fantastic work.

I also have a silly question that I can't seem to find the answer to (probably means it's so obvious that no one thought to write down an answer!): how can I process my cow/deer hides into leather?

Tom Sawyer

Hi Settler!

Nice you have fun with it. Cow hides can be tanned by a farmer in a log cabin workplace. Reindeer hides not because it actually doesn't make sense. They are better used as warm parkas made by hunters at a campfire. But if you want it for leather you can use EB Leatherworks. There a leatherer can do this job. He makes 2 leather from 1 deer hide if educated. The EB mod has to be below in mod list to work this way.

Settler

Thanks very much, Tom! :)

twilightbreeze

Lol...TOM first you delete the depleted pit, then you use the flatten tool by Gimmiecat, and then you can place another clay pit there. But you gotta delete the first one first, THEN use the flatten tool. hehe.  ;D
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

ancientmuse

Can't wait to try this out, been waiting patiently for all the great new things you've done.

I do have one question with regards to the 107 compatibility though:

Is it possible for you to make a debug version ?

Otherwise it's going to take forever to try out each mod to see what works and what doesn't, what jives with the environment and what doesn't, what works with the production chains and what doesn't, etc etc.

There are a ton of mods that I think will look and work great with this, but having to play for several hours building up the bannie town just to be able to test something out is going to be a nightmare.... one mod at a time.  Ouch !

:(

twilightbreeze

Found something else, not sure if it's a prob or not...

Wheat is being stored under "Stock of Skillings" and no one is eating it.  I understand it's now something to be made into flour and maybe that's why no one eats it....but under "Skillings"??

taniu

@ Tom Sawyer : The North 6it's fantastic. :D :D :D Thank you. I also have a request to restore debug, testing with other mods takes forever. In older versions was debug, and secondly give us a player more freedom and choice but it is only up to You
one more thing - because I play short, I would like to have potatoes, corn. pecan, back because these things are in other mods. I know you do not like it - you're a great man, a visionary and you have an individual view of The North
I hope you will accept my request positively? : :D Cheers!

Tom Sawyer

@twilightbreeze You meant the 'dig for clay' tool, or? This spot could be indeed reused by the flatten tool. The proper clay pits not, they are turned into waters without any chance to flatten them. I have fixed this. But in a rather nice way. You cannot make it usable for mining again but you can completely flatten and overbuild it with roads, also with road tiles of buildings. So no ugly spot in your developed town later and no inconsistency in mining. With wheat counted as coins you found a bug. I have fixed this as well. Thank you for your finds!

@taniu These crops are just changed into sorts from the Middle Ages. I did not remove them technically. Other mods can still use them.

I have included adaption files for the EB Farmstand. It is now working correctly with the flagging and it's a recommendation for old Viking villages. The only suggestion I have for this item is adding proper AO by @embx61 when he will join as again. I'm also sold on version 2 of DS Wagon Vendors. Incredible nice models but a rather complex mod. Have to look at this because of conflicts.

And the oven house now requires stone instead of bricks after a suggestion from Hawk. With this change it is now available right from the start in an old village where it is actually designed for.

Debug options please not in this mod. It destroys so much of the game.