News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: LANDING FORT

Started by brads3, May 19, 2017, 04:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 15:
       population 101,42 adult,23 students,36 children.24 houses.  education  a low 19%.
food at 5000,mostly cherry and corn.trade goods slowly being produced. only problems are lack of laborers and logs.

we continue to collect what we can to the west.mostly rocks,thatch,and some roots.the construction of the market waits for more logs.
         another child birth death. having only 1 laborer,our lumber yard is shut down. we have plenty of firewood.he was sent to stock the far pine market during the winter.
          merchants come and go but i don't think coffee will grow here very well.we haven't yet been able to afford other seeds.we continue to add more items to the trading post.our builder finally has enough material to begin to build the market square.soon hopefully we will have more workers.
           we remain at our posts.we remember our mission to establish a base for more settlers to cross the ocean and rest.then they will travel beyond the mountains. though we all wonder what is out there,we continue to follow our work orders.

YEAR 16:
   17 more nomads have arrived.they more than fill the barracks.a house will be added near the mill and pine cabin and gatherer to the pine forest.hopefully by winter,we can add another duck blind.
    no sooner does construction start, a merchant shows up with bison. we will gladly take 2 and start clearing them a pasture.it will be small 10x12 to save room for more livestock later.before snow falls everyone will have a warm place to sleep.

i do have a situation with the mill. this mill is easy to build,since it doesn't need iron or lumber. however, it grinds corn into cornflour which i can not use to make hardtack.only 1 bakery will use the cornflour to make corn bread.this bakery and its bakeryplus upgraded version will make bread without butter.it can be useful depending on the game start.i have several bakeries and 2 have a standard and bakeryplus option.i could make more changes with the mod order of either CC or the bakeryplus mods.if i did that i would override some functions or lose the older bakery style.it can also be debated rather corn flour and wheat flour should work the same or not.the problem i have is trying to remember which does what.we have such limited space on the toolbar building windows. i need more info than there is room for.not sure there is a way to solve the issue. there is give and take either way.none of that is ment to be a complaint. i do like the variations and they all have their place.
      for this map,the smaller mill fit better. the double field should supply it.i will need to be choosey on the bakery  and make cornbread. i then will add KID's grinder to supply enough "flour" for a hardtack bakery.

for now,i am going to add the older bakery for cornbread. since i need houses and have ALL these mods,i can show off a little. i will build an undertaker and a land claims office.they will nicely by the cemtary and with the expansion theme as well.that was a really good idea of KID'S to add other uses of housing.it is winter so construction will take us into next year.

YEAR 17:
       now that we have used up the rocks,we'll start on a stone and salt mine. that can gather from those rocky bluffs on the southwest of our small cove.since the marchant came so early this spring and brought dairy cows,we'll need a pasture. we'll take 2 and they will multiply quickly.the year has started very busy with so many projects being worked at once.
      once the builders are caught up,they will start a set of larger rowhouses near the industrial market.
due to all the construction,we are short on logs.some of us will have to burn thatch this winter.

pic 1: YR15 stats
pic 2: YR15 food graph
pic 3: bison pasture and industrial market.inventory.
pic 4: pine gatherer,cabin,and duck blind.
pic 5: the undertaker and land clamis office housing.
pic 6: the old bakery.
pic 7: dairy pasture. inventory shows i need to boil the maple sap.
pic 8: stone and salt mine with RH's planned.production chart.

Nilla

I have a couple of questions:

Your different bakeries (and mills), if I understand it right they all use the same recipe; the one of the mod highest on the list. Is this right? They are only different, if they produce different products, like bread, hardtack, cake, nutbread,,,,,,,

Your food graph goes very much up and down, Is this somehow connected to the nomads? otherwise your town is quite prosperous; 15 years for 100 inhabitants isn't slow, considering the real time aging.

brads3

HAHAHAHA,noooo. the bakeries are all different. i can control some of them by moving CC or the bakeryPLUS mod in mod order.KID's coloial will make use oats and make oatmeal cookies.CC will make hardtack that is needed for the fortworkers.the plud mod adds cakes,donuts,muffins,etc.the mills are similar but in this version CC has adjusted most to use all grains.the thing is the mills and bakeries need different materials to build. some need lumber. most require iron,which is a luxury to CC world.the mill i built uses stone and wood to build. it processes wheat and corn but gives flour<wheat> and cornflour. corn flour can only be used by the old bakery to make cornbread. are you confused yet?? lmao. that is how you play it. you hope when you set the mill it is the right 1. there needs to be more info on the toolbar icon when you scrollover it.
     with the new version of Cc,i have noticed most mills now will grind all grains and make plain flour. but that means sorghum and barley and rye too. and i do not think it got too crazy and added sunflowers yet.it is a double edged sword. if you start with corn and no cows,what are you going to do? make corn flour and then what?this mod order does work without overriding most of the bakeries. like KID's colonial should still be set to oats and aot cookies. so you don't open the colonial bakery and make muffins or donuts.it is a give and take way of doing it for sure.
    the food chart does look like a yoyo or juggler. part of that is the seasons.in fall it jumps up then by summer it drops off. as long as i keep it from dropping too low,i should be alright. and when i get nomads they have been groups not just a couple but 14 or more.
      i have had my struggles with it. i still want to know how BT changed the soil. it is very odd that the fields hit 500 food and not some at 600 or 700.a little extra to each field with this many years would have had me ahead a ways. i do wish i had more safety. after the mumps hit and some child-birth deaths,i only had 2 laborers. wasn't much that got done a few years. now that students are finishing school soon,it should pick up more too.

Abandoned

@brads3 I don't think the modders can do anything to change the soil.  Your problem might be uneducated workers.  I did some comparisons for you from my currant map.  8x10 rye educated 479 one year 480 the next.  8x10 cabbage uneducated 420 both years.  8x12 barley educated 532 one year lost part of crop to frost the following year.

brads3

i agree that nobody changed it on purpose. i doubt they figured out how to.but  theory says 1 thing, my usage says something has affected the soil. i do want to run this map and then another before i go mention it to the modders.i don't have enough evidence yet. the 1st set of fields didn't produce much better either when i had more educated workers. i do think the education level is affecting RED's hunters. that in itself will slow my food growth.normally i get small sets of nomads in the beginning. this game i have had 14+ every time.there is older students now. soon i shall have graduates and we will see if production improves.

brads3

YEAR 18:
     needing more logs than the foresters can produce,we are going to scavenge logs that the ocean waves bring to our cove.while waiting for more stone,the builders will build the workshop grinder  in the fort.that will produce the flour that will be stored  for hardtack.a tower will be built to the far west for the quick hunter to use. the 3 builders will stay busy while the stone amount is built up.
      by fall,only 1 male remains in the barracks.the construction  of a pine kiln is started.
     our education level has improved. only 2 have chosen to work the fields. 1 to the large orchard and 1 to corn. the cold set in early this year. the pumpkins have produced under 500.the double corn field is under 1000.the large orchard did not do as well with an educated worker as the year before.the educated corn farmer did produce 150 more than the uneducated were getting.
    the merchants continue to stop. we turned down beef cows. 1 did bring a mystery seed.after he tried to explain them to us,we realize they are REDK tomato seeds. though we would like to see if these mystery seeds are magical and produce much more than our pumpkins,we will wait and continue to build and store more goods.we have slowed down on producing the valued furniture and don't have enough to restock the trade post.we did trade for 2 pigs in the fall.
     i noticed the industrial market does not store the pine items.a pine market will be constructed during the winter to supply the kiln and also food for the production area.a small smelter is added to process iron as well.

pic 1: dock log scavenger
pic 2: merchant with mystery seed.
pic 3:  larger RH's for the production area.TH stats.
pic 4: fields and yield numbers.1 corn and cherry with educated workers. all others uneducated.the smaller cherry field to the north has produced more than the larger 1 at times.the larger orchard and 1 pumpkin are closer to the thatch patch behind the lumber yard.that must mean more weeds to pull from those fields.

pic 5: pig pasture. inventory.
pic 6:  hunting tower and lean to storage.pine kiln. overall stats.note the market doesn't hold newer items.

Abandoned

@brads3 is that a stone quarry I see?  What mod is that from?

brads3

last pic to the right? that is a CC stone and salt mine.

Abandoned

@brads3 thanks, that is a nice looking mine.  I certainly hope cc will release more modular parts of journey, there were so many pieces I liked and thought would be nice combined with WOB mods, lots of story potential there.  :)

Gatherer

@brads3 I think your cropfield numbers are affected by not having any storage nearby. Your farmers lose precious time carrying crops to far away barns. You wrote there is a 1 tile of empty space between the roads and fields. Put some storage crates around.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

there are several barns back in thae farm area. that isn't changing the field productions since the barns are as close as i normally do. i also have used vendors in winter to pull food out of the barns so they haven't been full.i do think part of it is the lack of educated workers. the corn is ready just before fall so cold isn't stopping growth. it is odd that i don't see a field do better than 500 flat.

brads3

YEAR 19:
     we need more housing. before that we need more food.we also need iron soon.a dilema with the limited land in this cove.we will put more of the ocean to work for us.a tidal pool,duck blind,and dock fishing pier to the west to feed the production area.
     uhoh,while construction continues 22 new settlers arrive.why do they always show up with no food??
do they crawl out from under rocks? though we are unprepared for them,we can't send them back across the ocean.the barracks will hold all but 7 and we are already working on a dock house.since the fishing dock is finished,2 of them go to work quickly.another dock house will be built also.we still need to put 3 more of them to work producing some food. a narrow 4x20 field is to be cleared against the mountains to the west and another tower also. we did wish they could climb high enough to hunt mountain goats.if it means not starving we'd settle for bobcats or panthers.
     though we struggled with food all summer,we only lost 2 to starvation.by snowfall,only 1 bannies remained completely homeless.we started processing charcoal to fuel and ore to iron.
    through the winter we will build more houses and extend the roads.if we have time we should get a larger general TP built also.

pic 1: on going construction and in comes a large group of settlers.
pic 2: tidal pool,duck blind,dock fishing pier,RED's tower that doesn't hunt mountain goats. i had to wait for crops to be harvested before i dared building more houses.

pic 3: crop field behind the RH's,fuel refinery and smelter for iron.inventory.
pic 4: pulled back pic of production and dock areas to the west.Th stats.

Whoyou13

This series will make America great again, hahahahaha

brads3

RedKetchup

Quote from: Whoyou13 on May 25, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
This series will make America great again, hahahahaha

i guess you won't accept nomads ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .