News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lumber being put on Minerals Stockpile

Started by galensgranny, September 29, 2017, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Checked my win data folder and it has a great many rsc files.  Some Modders have them in their zip folders but I never saw anywhere that they are not needed for gameplay.  I was a bit apprehensive to take them all out, but I did, and all is well. 

It would be good for there to be a notice in the download zip folder or on the download page that the rsc file is not needed.  Probably most downloaders have their win data folder full of unneeded rsc file.  I don't know if has anything to do with slowing down anything or if it really matters, but I am glad to eliminate all I don't need.

Paeng

Quote from: galensgranny on October 01, 2017, 09:23:47 PMI don't know if has anything to do with slowing down anything or if it really matters, but I am glad to eliminate all I don't need.

They probably don't have any impact on loading etc., but they certainly bloat your windata and make your overview harder.

You can delete any *.rsc, *.sub, *.txt or whatever... the only thing in your windata should be *.pkm files.

And of course the original four *.pkg files (data0, data1, patch0 and patch1).  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]