News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Humble Request - Cattle + Iron

Started by Maldrick, November 22, 2017, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Hey Guys!  Just getting back into Banished after getting sidetracked with some other games for a couple of months.  Got started today piecing together a rather large mod set for a big map I've been itching to play for a while using a bunch of the newer mods....Which I plan to start over the long weekend here in the US and I'm excited to be getting back into the game.  Ran into a bit of a gotcha, though...

Would it be a lot of trouble to make a simple resource mod that added regular vanilla Cattle as a separate resource?  I'm assuming it's possible?  Planning to use a big mod set that converts Cattle to Fresian Cows instead of adding them as a separate resource and it's thrown me for a bit of a loop as I like to have leather and beef production from the normal cattle.  Have run into this before and was thinking it would be handy to have around, in general, beyond fixing my immediate problem.

Also, there are a bunch of Iron Smelters around now, which is awesome...Something I've looked forward to having for quite a while.  Is anyone aware of a simple conversion mod that changes ground Iron to Iron Ore?  If not, would it be difficult to make one?  I know CC has one that converts their ground spawn Ore to Iron for those with that preference, but not one the other way around.

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated.  If I had any clue how to do it, I would try tackling myself but wouldn't even know where to start.

Hope everyone had a great Fall and are having happy holidays so far.  Great to be back!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

i know of no mod to take iron out and replace it with iron ore.i am not sure if Ds furnace mod will do that. there is the renewable resource mod @blackliquid that can be used to make a forester thar gathers iron or iorn ore as well as coal,stone,and logs.works like a forester in that the rocks respawn to save you from using up all the resources.TOM's NORTH mod has a different approach to the iron.
    by "regular vanilla cattle" do you mean brown cows that give milk,leather,and beef? there are several different versions of cows. by now,most milk cows has been changed to white and black but if you found an older mod of the original milk from cows mod you might have that option. not sure i totally understand what you are requesting. the milk cows do give leather,milk,and beef. the outputs have been adjusted since they give 2 food outputs.
     since you have been away, are you updated to 1.07? new mods will not work with a 1.06 version of the game.1.06 mods will work with a 1.07 with few conflicts.

Maldrick

CC changes gathered iron (from the ground) from Iron, as is the case in the vanilla game, to Iron Ore.  As does EB's Unified mod.  CC has a mod that changes it back to vanilla. I'm looking for the opposite, basically.  Just a simple mod that can be added to make what's found on the ground ore, not iron, without necessarily having to use one of those mods.

The milk cows do yield leather and beef but at much smaller quantities than the regular cattle. Presumably this is why RK included both in NMT and his Red Creamery.  Others have changed the regular cattle to the milk cows but usually it's done with a separate mod so as to leave the option available.  A particular mod I'd like to use doesn't.  With that mod loaded along with NMT, I'm getting "Cows" (from NMT) which are the black and white milk cows and I'm getting "Fresian Cows" (which the other mod replaced "Cattle" with) which are also the black and white milk cows.  So I'm asking if it's possible to re-add the regular brown "Cattle" (or renamed something else as the case may be) as a separate resource as a workaround.

I haven't seen simple specific mods that do this, either.  Hence my post.

Yes, I've been using 107 for a while. I've only been away since around August. Got sucked into 7 Days to Die of all things.  Not into zombie games normally but the crafting and building in that is amazing.  Also got in the closed pre-Alpha for Ostriv.  It's in Alpha 1 now and has a long way to go but it's looking like it has great potential.

How you been?  Been getting to play much?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

hi @Maldrick  !

so if because i am french and i have hard to define what you really want about cows.... what you really want to have has cows ?

brown vanilla : give 160-200 beef,  4-6 leather, no milk (as vanilla) ?
do you want fresian : 80-100 beef, 4-6 leather, with milk ?

or because you want a brown vanilla that gives a full 160-200 beef , leather 4-6 , and with free milk ?

--------------------

about iron

you want iron on the ground giving iron Ore ?
you want iron from vanilla mine giving iron ore too ?
and then have a building to proceed the iron ore to iron ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Heya RK! :)

How've you been, my friend?  No worries, your english is better than my french. :P

I'm looking for the brown vanilla "Cattle" (as they are called in vanilla).  Just leather and beef.

But looking at your numbers gives me pause...Are those the actual yields from those types of cows in-game?  It's the leather I'm concerned about more than the beef, really.  So if they are the same I might be okay.  I just always assumed since the beef yields were significantly lower that the leather would be, also.  Am I mistaken about that?

I guess I should have tested that but wasn't even considering that they might be the same.

RedKetchup

the vanilla brown cattle , if you have no mods, gives only beef and leather (160-200 beef and 4-6 leather) thats how the game is set
no milk

with Red Creamery (Cows) i' ve let the brown vanilla cattle to get its 160-200 beef and 4-6 leather with no milk ( in fact i dont touch the vanilla at all and dont do anything to them)

and i set up 2 fresians with half beef, full leather, and gives milk.

now that being said
if you have another mod ON that will give milk to vanilla cattle, it will give milk

So, do you want me to modify my Red Creamery to make sure that the vanilla Cattle will still give no milk ? and still give 160-200 beef 4-6 leather?

Maldrick

No it's all good.  Another mod I'm using replaces the vanilla brown cow with fresian and I was concerned about leather production since I now have no vanilla brown cow.  I was looking for a separate resource mod to re-add the brown cow.  But if the leather numbers are the same I should be okay.

Don't change Red Creamery! :P  It's great the way it is.

Thank you for letting me know about the leather being the same.  I didn't realize that.

RedKetchup

ok

now your iron ore problem ?
go back and answer the questions i asked you :)

RedKetchup

But IN CASE you need a fix to be sure that old ways stay as it is set in vanilla about Vanilla Cattle...

here a little pearl:

Vanilla Cattle 1.0

Vanilla Cattle is a mod to make sure the vanilla cattle stay as defined with 160-200 beef 4-6 leather and no milk.

If you put that little mod ontop of your ModList, it will negate any changes made to the original vanilla cattle:
160-200 beef and 4-6 leather when slaughtered, and no milk being created while living as a livestock in a pasture (as stated in the 2 screenshots)

EDITED: took the .zip OUT and replaced it 4 posts further in this thread

Maldrick

Oh, yes...

Ore - Yes, it would be very helpful to have a mod that makes gathered iron be ore instead.  I wasn't thinking about mines, because I don't usually mine, but that would make sense too.  Would be very helpful if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Building -  I always love new buildings to play with but PLEASE don't go to any trouble with this.  A year ago we had no standalone smelter options, but recently there have been several new ones.  Discrepancy did his big one, EB included one in his unified MOD it seems, and I see kid and necora made new ones in the time I was away, both of which I'm very excited to try out.  And your Old Blacksmith, of course.

Plus, I see you are working on a big project right now.  Looking forward to seeing it when you are done. It sounds major.

Maldrick

Thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking for. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 08:47:11 PM
Thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking for. :)

in fact i found something with my little Vanilla Cattle mod.... if a mod change the skin , even if placed after in mod list ... it still change the color but not the name, not the no-milk
so i need to add something to it.....

BRB

RedKetchup

OK. i ve got to hack the game and get the original skin OUT and include it in Vanilla Cattle mod

take this one :

Vanilla Cattle 1.0

Vanilla Cattle is a mod to make sure the vanilla cattle stay as defined with 160-200 beef 4-6 leather and no milk and with its original vanilla skin.

If you put that little mod ontop of your ModList, it will negate any changes made to the original vanilla cattle:
160-200 beef and 4-6 leather when slaughtered, and no milk being created while living as a livestock in a pasture

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 22, 2017, 09:29:13 PM
OK. i ve got to hack the game and get the original skin OUT and include it in Vanilla Cattle mod

take this one :

Vanilla Cattle 1.0

Vanilla Cattle is a mod to make sure the vanilla cattle stay as defined with 160-200 beef 4-6 leather and no milk and with its original vanilla skin.

160-200 beef and 4-6 leather when slaughtered, and no milk being created while living as a livestock in a pasture

Awesome, thank you.  Was just about to give it a try, which I'll do presently. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on November 22, 2017, 09:47:20 PM
Awesome, thank you.  Was just about to give it a try, which I'll do presently. :)

there is effectively something with my RedCreamery. since it doesnt touch the original one, they give same beef as fresian which is half of beef (same 4-6 leather tough)
so i HAD to make sure the give double than fresian which i DIDNT done since it was not touching it ^^

uploading presently a new version of RedCreamery which will make sure the vanilla will keep its skin and keep its number of beef (double than fresian)