News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I started a game yesterday but got a weird bug.

I've built a small covered stockpile area: one larger 4*4 that look like a barn for logs and firewood, on the left side a stockpile 2*4 for minerals and ore with the small gosted roofs right the same for stone and construction.

First everything worked just fine. But after a while they don't store logs anymore. You can see the logs left outside. From time to time someone takes a few logs and tries to put them in the store, but often the same person pick them up and carries them out again. There are 131 firewood in the store, that's 11%, so it should be a problem. It looks like they enter the "stockpile barn" from the left side, where the ore pile is. It's filled to about 50%. Can this be the problem? You can't build these covered stockpile this close?

I will go on and see, if I can find any reason for this strange behaviour. But maybe someone here has an idea.

Another couple of things about the covered stockpiles:

I don't know how to demolish these roofs. I built the red marked piece wrong and want to get rid of it. How?

Look in the blue circle. If you use several of these ghosted roofs, the post that holds the roof is double, one from each roof. I find, it would look better, if the right pole from one roof tile would be on the same spot as the left pole from the neighbor (if you understand what I mean), so it would look like only one. But maybe it's not possible to make it like that.

I wouldn't mind, if these roofs would cost some material to build, but on the other hand, this way we can build it right from the start. Or maybe it could at least cost a little worktime; they use spare wood but need some time to build it.

RedKetchup

it is a weird bug effectively. because the flags are ok, i ve just checked the flags for the FireLog one and it id OK

StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Wood | Fuel;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = true;
   bool _available = true;
   int _volumeLimit = 300;
}

Maybe if i add "WoodFuel" can resove it ?
about the wood beams that support the roof, i found it hard to set it up because it use the pasture technology and the game controle it as it wants, turning the pieces around as it likes when it times to set the corners. but i ll see what i can do.

maybe the weird behavior comes the fact you didnt let an empty space between the covered stockpile and the next stockpile next to it ?? (it is a pasture tech, not a real stockpile tech ... maybe it needs some access space or road ?)

if i look to your blue circle, the stockpile that is there, isnt a mineral stockpile ? because i see some ore......
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

This is the weirdest bug!

I ran some tests. All from the same save.

First i just waited, to see what happened if the amount of firewood got down. No effect, still no logs in that store.

Then I built another store for minerals and ore and demolished the one directly beside. No effect, still no logs in that store.

Then I built a normal stockpile to get rid of the logs stored outside. That was the "thing". As soon as these logs were gone, the fuel and log stockpile worked again. Note, the stores directly beside are still there and work.

I have absolutely no explanation for this: First it worked, then not, then again without no big changes. I will try to recreate the bug. I have one very early save from this game before I started to build.

Turis

@Nilla Maybe you have a ghost in your PC. toorooroo... toorooroo... toorooroo :o

Nilla

You might very well be right @Turis. I get more and more confused.

I tried to recreate the bug.

Started the early save, made the same things. No bug.

Started the save from yesterday with the bug. Tried to recreate the "bug diseappering" by building a normal stockpile for the stored logs. Bug still there.

I got a probably stupid thought about where this ghost may come from. I think about the feathers some people got in the North, were there are no feathers and they also didn´t seem to have any mods with feathers loaded. I also know myself, that I had visits from CC merchants in villiges where I didn´t play CC. Could these problems maybe be a "ghost" grom my earlier North game? We all know that @Tom Sawyer uses the "flags" differently? I haven´t kept the North in the WinData, just to avoid these kind of things, but maybe it still has its ghost over this game?

Edit: tried a third time to get rid of the bug by building a normal stockpile. This time I got rid of it again: Seem to be pretty random.

Edit2: ran the game from the same save without doing anything, to see if the bug goes away "by itself", but it didn´t. I ran the game more than a year.

RedKetchup

probably, the path is blocked by 1 of the wood resource on the ground, they cant take it since no place available in their path to put inside a storage place (the path being blocked) and since you dont have anywhere else they cannot put it (till you build one somewhere) it stay there in wait to find a place to put it.

eventually , the game would resolve by itself cause it takes like 5 years before the resource disappear by itself. if it makes sense.

the main difference with a real stockpile probably there is more "acceptable" entries to a stockpile to compare a pasture.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Don't you always have to make sure the southwest corner of a stockpile is not blocked?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Nilla

Your explanations make sense, @RedKetchup. Thanks! It's nice to understand what happened. :)

@Hawk,  I don't think, you need any special site to be accessable by normal stockpiles. In my larger towns I use to squeeze in stockpiles (for logs and firewood) in every empty space. As long as one side has an access, I've never had any problems. But here it might very well be something like that.

I guess we must learn to be more careful, when we use these covered stockpiles.

brads3

Nilla when you switched game from CC to the north and now to RED's mod,did you clear the registry? i am sure you took the files out of the windata folder. there are times a mod can get hung up in the registry and still affect a game. when i do a major change to my mod order i take the time to delete about everything in the registry. it has solved some weird issues. hopefully it was just blocked and is fixed as RED explained.

Nilla

What do you mean when you say "clear the registery"?

brads3

using REGEDITT and delete the entries under banished. somewhere i read an explanation of how to do it. the way i have my game installed,i can actually delete everything inside it. then i have to completely reset all the settings. theres a few really old mods that were known to hang up and conflict even after they were disabled and removed from the game folders.
        i mention it cause i have seeen odd things since the 1.07 upgrade.mods that should not affect each other and sometimes 3 mods interacting to cause an issue.

Turis

Does Ccleaner clear the registry? I use it for exactly that, but, I have the feeling that only clears it for uninstalled games and doesn't for still installed games. Am I wrong in my assumption?

Hawk

Quote from: Nilla on February 19, 2018, 07:12:24 AM
@Hawk,  I don't think, you need any special site to be accessable by normal stockpiles. In my larger towns I use to squeeze in stockpiles (for logs and firewood) in every empty space. As long as one side has an access, I've never had any problems. But here it might very well be something like that.

I guess we must learn to be more careful, when we use these covered stockpiles.

That must be something that applies to crop fields and maybe orchards. Maybe it doesn't apply to stockpiles.

Quote from: Turis on February 19, 2018, 09:04:22 AM
Does Ccleaner clear the registry? I use it for exactly that, but, I have the feeling that only clears it for uninstalled games and doesn't for still installed games. Am I wrong in my assumption?

No! CCleaner will not do this job. It needs to be done manually when yu uninstall mods from Banished.

Basically you open the Run command and type "regedit" (without the quotes). That opens the registry. Then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished and scroll down the list on the right until you find entries that say ModEnabled_***** and ModIndex_******.
Those are all the registry entries for mods installed.

Mods that you have installed/enabled will say true beside the ModEnabled_*** listing. If it says false, that is a mod you have disabled but still in the WinData folder.

In the screenshot below, note ModEnabled_KidForestOutpost REG_SZ says false. If I wanted to clear that mod from Banished I would  delete that mod from the WinData folder, then delete that entry and the entry that says ModIndex_KidForestOutpost REG_SZ 13 from the registry.

When deleting a bunch of mods, say going from Red's Editor Choice mod to The North, and all associated mods, you would definitely want to clean the registry of all the old mods before installing the new.
If you don't then the registry is trying to tell the game that those mods are still enabled and if they're not in the WinData folder it's going to cause the game to scratch it's head and start doing weird things.

Note! You need to be very careful when editing in the registry. A wrong edit could cause all kinds of problems.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Turis

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]