News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EB Unified Mod Version 17022 - Updated October 22 2018

Started by embx61, April 16, 2017, 01:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@RedKetchup thank you, the lettuce does indeed work, nice green graphics.  :)

QueryEverything

@embx61 hiya :)
Ok, so, I've spent the last few days on this going around in circles, and then I saw that you updated today, now I'm kicking myself I didn't post sooner - but, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

The Apothecary Chain.
-- The Glass Works Buildings

When I did the test when the chain first came out, and ran it on subsequent maps, I'd used 1 (or 2 buildings, spaced 2 apart) and only used charcoal (I hadn't started any coal mines, and Necora's charcoal was a good way to use up the Pine bits n pieces), so I hadn't tested with the coal.  So, the other day, I decided to do a large scale (4-6 buildings) test, with both charcoal & coal, and this is what I found out.

1)  The Bannies don't use the front door, they only use the side right door.  Which means that any building on the left of another will not work, at all, because they can't access the right side of the building.  I found this out the hard way when I had 2 buildings placed, 1 using charcoal (on the left), and 1 using coal (on the right, relevance in point 2), and nothing was being produced. 
Then when I removed the building on the right, the building started to work, and started to kick out the glass items, but then I laid down a new building next to it again, and it stopped work again, and worse trapped a Bannie inside building 1, until they started to starve.  Building 2 was destroy immediately. :)

-- May be worth checking how the building entry points are marked in the code/model? 

2)  This is the 1 that has been given me the most run for it, because I needed to make sure there wasn't anything else that was buggy, so I downloaded the EB Production Set 2, and the same thing occurs there as well - the Bannies aren't using coal.
I've tried with @Discrepancy 's coal from his new buildings, I've tried the basic coal I've always used from @kid1293 buildings, I've enabled, disabled different coal mods, I've moved load orders where the EB Prod 2 & EB Unified have been loaded higher than other mods (enabled/disabled individually, not running at same time ;) ), and still, nothing.
The Bannies run looking for the Coal, but they won't use it. 

-- I don't know what to check ...  sorry :(

BUT - what I can say:
When I get the buildings placed correctly, and the buildings are all set to charcoal, they look excellent and they function exceptionally well. :)

The images are from the last couple of days, I have plenty more from a few different maps and different configurations, with/without different mods, with/without different start conditions etc, but I still come back to - no coal.  :(

Love the chain though :)

Please let me know if you need the other screenshots and the other data, and the other mods I played with if you can't pick the bug out. :D

Oh, and this was before the new update, and it still occurs post update to the new Banished Beta :D

Cheers & thank you :D

ps:  Thanks to @RedKetchup (for the horses), @ BlackLiquid for their storage (stockpiles & carts & barns), @Tom Sawyer for his Charburner (included in the EB Unified Mod kit), and @Discrepancy for storage, also housing, but I don't have a screenshot currently of that setup :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

@QueryEverything

Fixed the door issue in the glass works mesh by placing the use and create dummies to the front door. The coal should work however. I did a test with coal and it works.
The mod just make use the Vanilla Coal file.
While it works without this change for me I added the CoalFuel flag as well in the glass works storage besides the Fuel flag.
Updated the Unified Mod and the Production Set 2 Mod with the changes.

Before the incident I was already almost finished with the bug fix so I have uploaded the newer versions. Was the least I could do for you and the others who know how to request something or give feedback without using words as frustrated, disappointed, and crawl.  ;)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

pappa

Hope you come back
We need your talent

Nilla

Abandoned

:) @embx61 , don't forget work in progress natural canal, please  :)

QueryEverything

@embx61 I can't thank you enough for that fix, that's ... thank you :)

I will download both EB Prod 2, & EP Unified now and run them, see what happens and if there's still a problem I'll go through & disable anything that may have anything to do with coal - it's completely oddballs!!  I've PMed you the list of what I have enabled over EB mods, so it may give you an insight into what's been going on, or not.  Hehe.

I'll be back :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

I have four pieces done on the natural pieces.

The above ground are almost finished so can release today. If it all works right that is then at least done :)

But I am working on so many things at the same time it get a bit overwhelming.
I wish I could pinpoint the water string of the water well and the coal not working for Queryeverything in the glass works.

They both work in my test games. I really have no clue what it can be.
I go over my files over and over but not see errors.

NMWater Template file

SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "UI/EBUnifiedSpriteSheet.rsc";
String _spriteName = "WaterSmall";
StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/EBUnifiedStringTable.rsc";
String _stringName = Water;

In the stringtable

{ String _name = "Water"; String _text = "Water"; }

RedKetchup

try to load gardenwalls:utility and your mod, put gardenwall first on the list and see if you still have the name. because my NMWater template is different and my string/sprite files are also different.
should still work but never knows.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Okay, going to test that, Thanks Red :)

Okay, did the test. If Red's Garden Utility is on Top I see the water.
If I put production set 1 on top the string is missing.

Without Red's Garden Utility loaded I see the water string.

I going to look at Red's NMWater raw material.rsc  files and make changes so they are the same as his.
If done I will update new version of Production Set 1 later today.

Abandoned

@embx61 , if you are talking about the water well water word, if it's any help, I don't have the garden utility mod only the garden wall and I noticed that on paeng's screenshot of production set well his water icon bucket is different than my stand alone well.  His bucket has a handle, mine doesn't and mine shows there water in it. (I like my bucket better) .  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the above ground irrigation reservoir which was made later than my well.

embx61

@Abandoned

I just uploaded a newer version of the Water well.
As I not updated the Irrigation channels yet (Later Today) put the Water well above the irrigation.

After kept going over the files I noticed a " was missing in the template files so it read water"; instead of "Water";
No wonder that was hard to find as it was barely noticeable.
I also made some changes the same as Red Ketchups files just to be sure.

Yeah, the graphics can change depending on load order but the graphics was not to be at error as the Icons did show.

At request's from several players I upped the water from 8/10 to 12/16 so the same as Reds Water.

Let me know if it fixes the water well water text :)

Abandoned

@embx61 that sounds like you may have found the solution.  I do have the irrigation above the well but will leave both files as is until I finish the story.  When I noticed the different water buckets, I didn't build the reservoir in case it would cause a crash.  I get stressed out making changes to a map in progress.  Sorry and test changes.  Great sets  :)

embx61

I understand. Banished can be a bit crash prone when shifting mods in a save.

But I think it should be fixed now.

Soon upload Production Set 2 with the water fix, added vegetable oil.

Then later the irrigation above ground what also have the water fix as it was missing the " too.
At last the Unified Mod with the fixes.

Water well and Production Set 1 are already fixed and new versions uploaded.

All the separate production buildings, besides the water well are not fixed as they are not really supported anymore because of time issues.

It is better to just download the Production Sets 1 and/or 2 as those sets I keep updating or unified what have everything besides the Irrigation Channels and I keep updated as well.
I just lifted the separate water well from a set as a special act of goodwill :) for @Abandoned because she still plays with 1.06 and have issues with the production buildings in the sets because of the new flags/limits, till Luke gets Banished out of BETA.

Sorry, but keep maintaining several sets, the Unified, and all the stand alones is just too much work as I deleted about all of my separate files after I finished the Prod Set 1 and 2 and need to lift all the parts from the sets, change all the spritesheet and stringtable links, make a package file and recompile them all one by one again and upload them all again.

I created the production sets just for the reason as to get some of the workload off my shoulders and to make the players mod list smaller.

Abandoned

@embx61 sounds good to me and thank you for the water well fix, time and effort much appreciated.  :)