News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How can I prevent procreation?

Started by realm174, January 19, 2015, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Nonny Moose

Yes.  Stuff from the gatherers always goes to market not to trade with my towns.  Orchards go to trade, usually as alky.

On hard mode, the hunter/gatherer situation works beautifully provided the terrain permits.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Nilla

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on January 31, 2015, 10:07:30 AM
Yes.  Stuff from the gatherers always goes to market not to trade with my towns.  Orchards go to trade, usually as alky.

It might be a good idea to sell mushrooms. Not for profit, but they take a lot of space away in the barns close to the gatherers.

salamander

Quote from: irrelevant on January 31, 2015, 06:05:16 AM
Berries are fruit too. I let my guys have the berries, and brew ale with the orchard fruit. Seems to work fine, health-wise.

This is also the way I try to do things -- eat the berries and brew the fruit.  Unless/until something changes in the game, it seems you still only need one food from each group for good health, and since, like wheat, berries don't produce as much ale as fruit, this seems best to me.

My biggest problem is that I often don't have enough berries (ie, gatherers) to afford to do this health-wise, and keeping the townsfolk from eating fruit before I can get it brewed, and drinking the ale before it gets to the trading posts has been a real bear for me.

A Nonny Moose

Anybody know the priority of demands?  If something is wanted by the TPs, does this have any precedence over the bannies?

irrelevant

First come first served, I'm pretty sure. Whoever grabs first, gets.

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: irrelevant on February 01, 2015, 08:51:42 AM
That begs the question of how the general demand queueing works.  If there is an unsatisfied demand from a TP is it at the top of the queue?

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 01, 2015, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on February 01, 2015, 08:51:42 AM
That begs the question of how the general demand queueing works.  If there is an unsatisfied demand from a TP is it at the top of the queue?

I'm not sure whether the TP gets first priority, but I do know that traders will grab what they want from the nearest source. Their attitude seems to be: If I empty out a nearby market, well, so be it. If that means I empty out the entire settlement, well, sucks to be you. Since traders often have nothing better to do than go around grabbing stuff, they often get there first. Early in the game I normally use only 1 trader and that sort of evens out demand. Nonetheless, if I'm not paying attention and leave the desired amount of firewood in the TP too high after a big trade, the trader will grab every last stick and people get cold.