News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crops problem

Started by Rayden, February 26, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Last night something weird happen to my game. I'm on year 93 and suddenly all my crops stopped growing. I noticed my food resources start depleting quite fast, but as I was having a great demand for houses (nearly 200 kids in school and many on an advanced age) and every house I built got filled up immediately, I didn't notice that as a problem. I built another fishing dock and another four 11x11 crops to cover the demand. Only when the resources went bellow 10000 (four years passed in the meanwhile) I start digging why and then noticed that all crops where not growing and after I had consult the production for the previous year it showed "0". But the 4 newly crops and 1 orchard seemed ok except for 1 crop that did not grow anything either.
After looking around the forums for a clue, I tried to unassigned my farmers, all of them (203) and assigned them again so the game could reset the professions and assign jobs to laborers living closed to fields, just in case. Didn't work. Then I tried to change type of crops, didn't work either. Tonight I'm going to try to delete all my crops and build them again to see if it works. One note just in case someone asks, there were plenty of farmers on fields, I could see them working the land but nothing got planted, yield 0 all year round.
Does anyone heard or experienced something similar?

assobanana76

never heard such a thing ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

You mean nothing is planted on the fields? That's weird. I have only noticed this, if there are pots left on the field, but I suppose this will not be the case here, not if no field is planted. Not bad weather eather, not that bad and not several years in a row.

I once had something similar, but that was only one field, the others worked perfect: The beans on that field wasn't harvested at all the first year. Couldn't explain why, the farmer lived directly at the field, no full barns. The beans didn't die during the winter and the same beans weren't harvested the next year eather. I deleted the field and changed the crop to something else. It went well for a couple of years, than the same again. I couldn't explain why. (I changed the field to a graveyard and although I supposed that no grave would be established on that spooky place, it worked normal).

I'm sorry this is no help to you. I think the idea deliting the fields and building them new is good. That's what I would have done. Another possibility is, if you have a save before the trouble began. Start that one and see if it happens again.

I hope you let us know if you find the problem. If not, maybe you could show us some pictures.

A Nonny Moose

I've had some crop failures but nothing so spectacular as this.  Did you have a drought?  It almost sounds as if your farmers went elsewhere to work.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Rayden

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 26, 2015, 07:05:15 AM
I've had some crop failures but nothing so spectacular as this.  Did you have a drought?  It almost sounds as if your farmers went elsewhere to work.

Or a strike  ;D

RedKetchup

wow never saw a such stike neither ! i never saw a 93 year neither lol ! thats sounds strange. have a save to share?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Or maybe, due to over-farming, you've created a dust bowl.  Pack up your Oakies and head for California.  (If you don't understand this, there is a novel by John Steinbeck, "The Grapes of Wrath".)

Rayden

Well I gave it a try and found something else strange. I deleted one of those crops and despite it disappeared I couldn't build anything on that empty space, nor crop or pasture even any buildings. I'm adding two save games, one from yesterday (game year 93) faulty, and another one from before yesterday (game year 91) that seems to be alright, at least it run for a complete season and crops kept growing. I also tried to delete the same crop and rebuild it on that same empty space. Even if it got planted a bit later than the normal, already on spring season, it gave a full crop tended almost entering winter season.

Good save - https://www.dropbox.com/s/smgs7zxumno4ec9/Save18_good.rar?dl=0

Bad save - https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa6uyfdegs7yvvl/Save19_bad.rar?dl=0

If anyone want to have a look at it. ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 26, 2015, 12:31:35 PM
Or maybe, due to over-farming, you've created a dust bowl.  Pack up your Oakies and head for California.  (If you don't understand this, there is a novel by John Steinbeck, "The Grapes of Wrath".)

My mother's family moved from Oklahoma to Southern California in about 1926--pre Dust Bowl, which was the 30s. Whenever my mother brought a decorative piece into the house which my California-native father thought a bit much he would mutter about "Okie decorating." I'm not sure, but I think that "Okie" is the preferred spelling.

Rayden

I just remember now another odd thing that I never seen before, nomads appearing from nowhere in the mountains on the edge of the map across my fields and forests until they reach the town hall in the middle of the map. That cost me a yellow fever plague that infected nearly 200 persons, and I lost count of the dead.

I thought that they only appear by boat when the merchant arrives, that's why I usually build the town hall and boarding houses next to the trading post to avoid them wonder around populated places and crops/pastures.

irrelevant

Nomads always walk in from the edge.

Rayden

Quote from: irrelevant on February 27, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
Nomads always walk in from the edge.

Thanks for the info, didn't know that. Now imagine 192 nomads (that's the number on that one time) walking down the mountains on a single line, looked like a snake :D

RedKetchup

A Nonny Moose

Do you always accept nomads?  I don't.  If I think that this will cause some kind of crisis in my town, I turn them away.  At the moment I could do with about 20, but no more.

One of the problems in this game is you can't be selective on the number of these people you take.

RedKetchup

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 27, 2015, 01:43:20 PM
Do you always accept nomads?  I don't.  If I think that this will cause some kind of crisis in my town, I turn them away.  At the moment I could do with about 20, but no more.

One of the problems in this game is you can't be selective on the number of these people you take.

nor you can select the most healthy ones