News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crops problem

Started by Rayden, February 26, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

I usually accept every 4th or 5th group, depending on its size, due to periodical population decline.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

paralias

i accept them every time as many as they are.. i even have the townhall only nomads and boardinghouse nomads mods to come as early as possible and more often

Rayden

I only accepted once about 30 few, and I got my first disease in game. Never did that again, but they still spread diseases on the down the mountains to the townhall.  ::)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on February 27, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
Nomads always walk in from the edge.

They also go off in their snaky line and disappear more or less where they appeared. As to accepting them, I usually accept the first couple of groups that are 2 or 3 families, then deny, deny, deny. Since I fell guilty denying such poor people, every so often I will accept a group of 40 and then, BANG!, a major epidemic happens and diseases reappear every couple of years from then on. You'd think I'd learn. The number depends on the size of the settlement--absent a modded town hall that limits numbers. The other effect of nomads is lowering the proportion of educated workers since they all come in uneducated.

A Nonny Moose

I can usually handle anything but a bubonic plague infestation, but I still would like to take some but not all regardless of quality.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Paeng

I just look at my current situation - if I have plenty extra food and clothing... mainly my decision depends on my Homes vs. Families ratio - if I have more houses than families (e.g. due to a recent old-age thing), I take them in.

Diseases don't scare me, as I usually have numerous hospitals spread around. Education is another thing - there I'm also careful, so I don't take nomads when my edu is already below 90%, I wait first for that one to recover...

Quote from: paralias on February 27, 2015, 02:22:27 PMi even have the townhall only nomads
Yep, I like that mod - specially since it also offers smaller groups in later game...

I'm still not quite sure on the conditions though - I like to believe it only needs a hospital (like most other, similar mods)... or is the town hall also still required?

* My favorite was Slink's Nomad mod (just a hospital needed, plus the nifty nomad interface), but that is now rolled together with too many other things I have no use for (from the former Fountain mod)...  and Jamie's also has a nomad button inside the BH, so that's fine...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on February 28, 2015, 11:22:49 AM
* My favorite was Slink's Nomad mod (just a hospital needed, plus the nifty nomad interface), but that is now rolled together with too many other things I have no use for (from the former Fountain mod)... 

Didn't @slink include the modded inn in the houses only package? I don't use all of the houses, but some look nice when you need a fancy house for the mayor or the doctor. Though lately I've been going nuts with @RedKetchup's two and three-story houses. Those things are just irresistible.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .