News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Who is playing Banished? Vote for your age group NOW!

Started by solarscreen, February 26, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

Quote from: paralias on February 26, 2015, 10:19:18 AM
i was born in 17/7/1985 .i voted 20-29. should i have voted 30-39?

I was born August 10, 1985 and also voted 20-29.  I'm not quite 30 yet!  And neither are you for a few months yet.   ;)

salamander

1965 ... the year they stopped making silver quarters.  I wonder if there's a connection?

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

Quote from: solarscreen on February 28, 2015, 06:23:23 AM
Yay! The 50's are still winning!

Ageism on World of Banished?  ;D

Clearly we need to do some serious recruiting in the under 20 and over 100 categories.

salamander

If you go with mental age, I could change my vote to <20 years (way less than 20 years).

Chon Waen

Wow, no wonder this is overall a very respectable and lo-troll forum!!!

And I turn 42 on wednesday. And yeah, I got the ill-kept beard, and does it count that my job has me on the road travelling all over the western US (and a bit in AB & BC)? I don't own a motorcycle tho, so I don't think I'm a complete loss in the mid-life crisis department.

A Nonny Moose

Heh!  Wait until you arrive at late middle age (70s).  Now that I am thoroughly retired from the business suit, briefcase and air miles crowd, I can do what I damn please, so I shave with a pair of scissors, and generally look after myself, myself.

The only thing about being older than a lot of people around you is that they are still in the rat race.  Fortunately, after my wife passed away, I was able to find a senior's apartment that is full of little old ladies and a few guys who are either contemporaries or older.  The problem there is accidents.  Today, one of our most senior neighbours fell and broke her hip (or broke her hip and fell, it is not clear which).  This lady is over 90, and up to now, had her own place, but she will need secondary care now at least for a while.  We have a buddy system in this building, so we call each other daily to make sure everyone is OK.

Because I am somewhat crippled up with a back problem and arthritis, I do have a cleaning lady, but beyond that I (and the others around here including two who are on oxygen) look after myself.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

OldnRetired

I'm 73 & retired. I have LOTS of time with Banished. Wife (72 yo) and Son (44 yo) and Daughter (46yo) also are "Banished".
I am the only one who is a member of WoB ... so I don't know if you will add-in the rest of my family to your 'Age" list.   ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 28, 2015, 12:46:53 PM
. . . . I can do what I damn please . . . .

Yes! Exactly what I tell people when they ask what I am doing now that I am retired. When that doesn't satisfy them I make stuff up.  :D

borreh1973

42 here. Playing less Banished, but playing.
I like to follow this Forum and get news. Without this one, I would have stopped Banished.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

sandysan

um ... normally we do not ask a lady his age .... ok ... as you're nice, I'll tell you ... but shhh !! do not to shout it too loud.
ok.. so....46 and... um... some months  ::)

bucklingbranch

Nice to know I'm not the only golden oldie here!! Born in 1950  ;D

solarscreen

The 40's are winning, we need more 50's to step forward and be counted!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

A Nonny Moose

Seems to be settling down into the normal demographic bell curve.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/