News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Who is playing Banished? Vote for your age group NOW!

Started by solarscreen, February 26, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 18, 2015, 08:00:59 PM
If I could I would give away this state.

Since I am both Canadian and American I make two proposals:

(1) Canada take Bavaria in exchange for Germany taking Alberta
(2) USA take Bavaria in exchange for Germany taking Texas.

I think we could work out a deal in either case. And I'm pretty sure that Canada or the US would come out well ahead. Maybe we could even throw in Disneyworld so Germany doesn't lose a fake castle.

;D

Brathaehnchen

If it were up to me personally I would give this State without compensation.
Although Swan Stone Castle looks beautiful ... but if you can get rid of the Bavarian mountain people I do without like a fairytale castle.  ;D

The Americans can not do anything with Bavaria.
From there can be very bad to listen to politicians phones.  :-X

A Nonny Moose

English started out as some form of ancient Celtic, got tainted by ancient Danish/Norse, then by the Saxons (from Europe), then by the Romans, then the Normans.  The medieval Franks did a real job on the vernacular, and everything was a sort of Franglais.  It has developed from there.  There are many dialects on the home islands alone, and then you come to America with two general dialects; General American and General Canadian.  GA is getting a big dose of Hispanic language while GC is full of French and Joual (Quebec French dialect) as well as some Acadian now that some people have returned from Louisiana.  It's a living language as are the European languages. 

Odd, but the European language I know best is Italian and I've never been there, but heavy study of Latin has done it to me along with a couple of years of uni level Italian.  Interestingly enough, I've recently had my Latin vocabulary expanded in to the exceedingly vulgar with the publication of some of the stuff from Pompeii and Herculaneum.  Those must have been pretty raunchy cities indeed.  Most of my new vocabulary isn't repeatable even among unmixed company.  Funny, we all know the "dirty" words but most of us never use them in any context.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/