News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

Very nice, actually awesome, excellent choice of gods. It might be a good idea to have a few platform pieces that could be added, and then decorated with ghost objects. You could also take the elements of the temples and make that into a modular kit, the gates, the columned halls, statues, walls, and future elements.  :)

RedKetchup

the statues are already stand alone by themselves, i am not used about the 'ghost decoration' ... but certainly @kralyerg  can do something about it.

about the gods choice : bah everything depends on what god 3D mesh i can put the hands on :P they are so rare, and those free are more rare again lol.
i made a list of golds somewhere....

i have anubis, horus, bast(in cat form), a pharaoh (style mummy sarcophagus) ... i wish to have Ra, and some others
Isis, Thoth .. Sekhmet, Osiris, Seth, Amun...  Hathor ^^ so many

(and i did myself Thoth from the Horus statue ^^ by taking the nose and make a 'crane/bird nose' with it)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so i was working on the Large Temple since yesterday (after couple days off....) and i found a new awesome texture....
and when you find a new texture..... you always tell yourself "Why i didnt found that before i did all other thing??" lol

not finished yet but ... i ve got a very nice first impression :)

DesoPL

grammycat

I agree-that is an awesome texture.  The temple seems to stand out better.  I'm really getting excited about this mod.

Nilla

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 13, 2016, 08:53:02 AM
As always @RedKetchup; amazing!!!!!  :)

maybe with some paintings is it better ? ^^

since it is a temple of Horus... i ve put Horus painting :)

edit: just missing some trees inside :) thats ShockP job ^^

Bobbi

It's nice to see you spending Valentine's Day with those you love, Red (us  ;D)

New texture and everything look great!

Gatherer

Will you leave sand on the inside or will you put stone road texture?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

good question because i have no idea how it looks like with road ^^

Denis de la Rive

It looking very nice, the color added is making this much more visual.

Just a few notes, generally the overhangs on the gate roof the same as with the market, are just a bit too strange, a flat roof might work better. I think the temple hall should be covered, possibly with a wood texture, (imported from Lebanon), since it is where the holy statue is located, and that should not be exposed to the weather. The ruins we see are lacking this feature because wood will rot, or crumble, if dry, over time. If you can I would place a roof over the gates, it would be more in tune with the general building style.

The water texture is wonderful, I hope you use it with all your buildings. I also agree that the stone texture is very good.

I'm not certain that filling in the sandy areas is a good idea, it might make it a bit too bulky, a bit to monumental, but rather than using a stone texture, you might try a compacted dirt surface, your original texture a bit lighter, or the sand one a bit darker, with a yellow tint.  :)

RedKetchup

i just dont understand the 1st sentence of the few note.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
i just dont understand the 1st sentence of the few note.
Tu as raison, ce n'est pas clair, j'ai écrit le poste sur mon portable sans pouvoir ajouter des images. Simplement dit les éléments indiquer ne sont pas très beau, s'ils étaient plat, je pense que ça pourrait être mieux visuellement. Regarde les autres toits du temple, les lignes nettes sont plus esthétiques. Je sais que c'est un élément de toutes les structures du mode, pour les maisons et autres c'est plus atténuer, mais dans le cas de ces deux bâtiments, c'est plutôt une distraction. Ca peut même être un trait culturel de ne pas avoir ces éléments sur les bâtiments officiels, et seulement sur les maisons. Merci de comprendre la critique constructive.

"You are right, its not clear,.... Simply the elements indicated are not very nice, if they were flat, I think it might be better visually. Look at the other temple roofs, the strait lines are more esthetic. I know that this feature is part of all of the mod's structures, but for the houses its more subdued, but this is not the case with these two buildings, its more of a distraction. It could even be a cultural trait, to not have them on official buildings, and only on housing. Thank you for understanding constructive criticism.

;) :)

RedKetchup

ok, the pictures helped you to describ your criticism

wiscoke

I really looking forward to play this mod. love the screenshots. If you need inspiration of egyptian buildings, take a look at the game Pharaoh.