News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Story challenge

Started by kee, June 05, 2014, 09:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kee

I thought it might be fun to start a story challenge, and a slow one at that.
First of all, the rules. There must be rules. Everyone has rules. These are the rules:
1: You will play one full year of the storychallenge.sav file
2: You will post a story in this thread based on or inspired by or at least loosely connected to what you saw during that gameplay. Any style accepted, be it haiku or saga or Hemingway prose.
3: You will attach the new savegame to your story, so that others can continue upon it.
4: You will attach a screenshot of the poor little banishims we weave our tales from.

A little background: The game of Levistrauss pass is played on mapseed 501, small, mountains, harsh, hard.
The founders were this motley crew:
Domonia   17   F
Sierrat   16   F
Adine   14   F
Messie   14   M
Anastacey13   M
Thur           13    F
Dilliott   11   M
Perle   11   M
Jadence   9   F
Lavonte   4   M
Aliah           3   F
Auren   3   M
Tessica   1   F

I'll try to start the ball with a reply to this post.
Kim Erik.

kee

The bloody cart broke down. In the middle of godforsaken Levistrauss pass. There's only thirteen of us left now, the children are weary to the bone after the long trek from our homeland.
God spit on the selfrighteous asses of our former homeland!

I don't think we'll be able to continue much further. The ice is breaking up, the thaw is upon us and we won't be able to repair the wheels and axle before the way north becomes impassable. For better or worse, we'll have to settle with this bleak place, in the middle of the mountains. Perhaps we can make ready to cross over next winter, but I'm not hopeful. We've thrown together a warming hut to keep out of the worst of the weather.

Well, there's deer in the forest and the river seems to have some nice trout. Adine tells us that she's seen quite a lot of berries and whatnot in the thickets around us. Messie found some iron, and of course, there's stones all around us. This might just work.

WE DID IT! I'd never thought I'd be so glad to see the birches sprouting and hear the gurgle of the myriad of brooks large with meltoff. There really is no point in pushing further north, and with little Lellamae being born and all. No. Here we'll stay.

slink

One can generate the same world from seed, apparently down to the same people in it, in case anyone wants to play this challenge with 1.0.0.