News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mathieuso Furnace Version 2

Started by slink, November 05, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Thanks for your understanding, @JamieIdle2.0.  It hasn't been helped by the fact that I have been lately working with the files from the fountain mod, which were modified in some strange ways.  For instance, I converted their sugar cane into sugar beets and did not bother to look at the rest of the file beyond the graphics and value lines.  This morning I read further and discovered they had lowered the yield per crop tile.  I will have to modify that back to the norm and issue a new version.

JamieIdle2.0

@slink for all the great ideas the Fountain mod was kinda a train wreck :/

Mahnogard

Quote from: slink on November 12, 2014, 06:32:23 AM
So the long story short is that 4 logs burn into 3 or 4 coal, rather than 1 coal.  This appears to be in keeping with what @rkelly17 said about the real-life yield.  If the production rate is too high, I can increase the time required.  Right now the time required for 3 to 4 coal to be produced is the same as for making 1 to 2 tools, so the coal is produced twice as fast.

I just tried the mod out last night in a new town. I really, really like it! I do think that increasing time required would be good. As it is, I've just set my coal production limit low enough so that it ends up just about keeping pace with the blacksmith anyway.

I hadn't gotten the seeds to plant sugar beets yet, but I'm glad you caught the yields change and will be normalizing it. I rarely trade food - I grow it for eating - so that sort of artificial scarcity annoys me. :D (That's also why I can't really give Red the numbers he's craving for his bakery and such - everyone else is discussing trade values but my Bannies are all lined up, salivating over pie and yelling, "Get in my belly!!!")

I, like Jamie, thank you for working on the Fountain Mod components. It's much appreciated. :)