News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Trading Revamp

Started by JamieIdle, October 13, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieIdle

The beta of my Trade Mod ready for testing thanks to much help from Red Ketchup debugging and compiling the mod. Sadly my Win 8 machine doesn't seem to like compiling mods -.- Screenshots included in the zip so you know what changed.

-Acts as a boat fix, tested with 40 mods including most popular mods
-Makes seed and livestock merchants carry food
-Keeps the default number of merchant types to 5
-Not compatible with other trade or boat fixes
-Changes the prices of nuts, eggs, meat, clothing, alcohol, and tools making them more valuable trade goods
-Reduced the price of firewood as a balance aid
-See screenshots in the zip for full changes

Pangaea

QuoteOne problem is of course you can only buy 9,999 of each item at a time. I am trying to locate where this is controlled, but not much luck.

That's only valid if you auto-buy. Do it manually, and you can buy everything he brings. I often see for example 40,000 of fruits, because that is what I have ordered, which can be e.g. 18,000 apples, 12,000 peaches, and 10,000 plums. With enough ale or other "currency" in the trading post, it's not a problem to buy the whole lot.

Cheers for clearing up the itemcount, though. So it looks like the 40,000 limit I have noticed in-game is only for the General Good Merchant, while the limit is 30,000 for the Food Merchant. I thought they wouldn't always bring the full load, as I've often seen food merchants with 30,000 fruits, but this explains it :)

Pangaea

What is the difference between want and buy?

Bobbi

I like the way you have it divided up. It all makes good sense. I will think about what each one would not "want".

RedKetchup

but if there is no more general good merchant selling stone/iron/wood and accepting food for stone/iron/wood.... will have no choice to ask the raw material one to accept food. :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

I like how you have divided up what they sell. Farm, orchard and livestock will sell food too, which means they won't be utterly useless (and despised) once you have all the livestock and seeds. I'm a little more concerned about what they will accept. Could be I misunderstand your picture above, but does this mean that Ale (and firewood) can now not be accepted by all merchants?

edit: Spelling errors can be fun sometimes. I wonder what wood clothing feels like ;D Is it a barrel?

RedKetchup

check the very first line of code of your package.rsc

RedKetchup

Great job Jamie ! Thanks you !

Bobbi

I am very excited about your trade mod, it is exactly what I have been wanting. However, it has conflicts with Jamie's Monastery, Elf's Small Vendor, Extra Exile the Butch version (which I can manage to live without) and Veg/Protein Beans (which is not a deal breaker). I would be most sad if I had to give up first two mods. I suspect it has to do with changing the trade values. Perhaps do two versions, one without changed trade values if this is the case?

salamander

Quote from: Bobbi on October 19, 2014, 06:18:42 AM
... and Veg/Protein Beans (which is not a deal breaker).

Ahh ... I'm wounded.  ;)

More on topic, I've been following this thread with interest.  Nice work, @JamieIdle.

RedKetchup

can you say what exactly is in conflict about monastery and elf markets ?

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 19, 2014, 06:41:13 AM
can you say what exactly is in conflict about monastery and elf markets ?

For me in the original of the monastery it was the barrels, but in the latest version you seem to have fixed that--the game does not report conflicts between the two any more.

By the way, I use Elf's collection, not the individual general store.

RedKetchup

but the barrels arent in this trade mod.... sorry i dont follow the progression of monastery and elf markets.... and this trademod :P
maybe i m tired and should go to bed ^^

Bobbi

Apparently the conflicts with Elf's Vendor buildings and the Monastery involve barrels, so probable can still use, but which would I load first? The Extra Exile Butch version conflict is with chicken. The Bean/Veg conflict is probable not going to be possible to load, conflict is template\RawMaterialBean_rawmaterial.crs. What is changed in the new version?